Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sighs ... this again... the landprim is removed but still encroaching at two sides.. ánd worst i got the nextdoor assigned, this will irritate like hell, so please give me back one of my 5 tries!!  anyway... i'm of course abandoning that ...

95eb33abe56bff8aeac5df132e096c7b.jpg

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Ziggy Starsmith you don't own one of these enormous flags by any chance? Wondering why you are so sensitive about the topic.

Can it be that Ziggy is referring to the Linden rezzers that are rezzed below 2.000 meter ?

I think that having such a huge flag above your head and house is a violation of the covenant, an eyesore and definitely ARable......

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Ziggy Starsmith you don't own one of these enormous flags by any chance? Wondering why you are so sensitive about the topic.

Nope I am Canadian but I agree the flag is nuts. The other stuff is no big whoop including the horse thingy. How can that possible bother anybody?

Anyone next door to me would be welcome to have their trees cross over into my yard as it would add to the nature and niceness of the area. A tree is not a threat.

Edited by Ziggy Starsmith
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

The other stuff is no big whoop including the horse thingy. How can that possible bother anybody?

the horse thingy isn't only a meter at the front, but also  towards the neighbour .. and yes that bothers me extremely.
I wouldn't mind a lot if it were tastefull shrubs or plant/trees , but not the cheapest looking bad build half barn for a horse. ( while the rest of the parel is nearly totally empty)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Alwin Alcott I have a lot of sympathy for your irritation. I'm not sure if I would AR this though unless a whole herd of lag inducing horses appeared.

didn't report it, just moved away from it
(lesson from the moles :)  report or ignore.. wait or move on, and i know it had mole attention before, so choice was on me)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

didn't report it, just moved away from it
(lesson from the moles :)  report or ignore.. wait or move on, and i know it had mole attention before, so choice was on me)

I agree with you there. Better to just move on. I can see something like that at a "permanent" house like a Traditional (even a . Victorian,) but it looks sorely out-of-place at a campground, where everything is supposed to basically be temporary (as in: portable) so you can "pack up and leave" kind of thing LOL This is why things like above-ground pools and such fit right in. But something like that rickety-looking stable... I'm not so sure about that.

Besides, keep playing the game, you may end-up is an amazing spot!

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

wished it would be possible to change homes with a alt :) that half peninsula just a parcel away from yours is the one i like most.

OH! Is that you? Hahahaa, ~waves~ So you get a free show as I stand nekkid in my parcel a lot as I fiddle with outfits.

Butt (intentional butt) it takes many tries and recognizing when it's a keeper. I got that spot on my fourth try (and second day of trying) - I was tying to get Hooten Holler then realized: *pipe! Dream! Dumdum!* - and when I landed on that parcel I was ready to hit the abandon button... then I hesitated... then decided "you know, this is actually a really sweet spot!".

I agree on the "switching with alt" option. That happened to me in the beginning when my alt ended up with a houseboat that I preferred this account to have to have and I got the traditional. Literally backward from my intention (because it was obviously an accidental abandon of a houseboat as I was going for traditionals and it appeared like magic LOL)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

197m up. Been there for a couple days now.

dca530dcd1a0452eb2f7b9e813b2324a.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised, given all the things that the Governance team has to deal with, that ARs for Linden Home covenant violations could easily take a few days or even a week or so to be dealt with.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

sighs ... this again... the landprim is removed but still encroaching at two sides.. ánd worst i got the nextdoor assigned, this will irritate like hell, so please give me back one of my 5 tries!!  anyway... i'm of course abandoning that ...

95eb33abe56bff8aeac5df132e096c7b.jpg

I am more bothered that it looks crooked!  Personally stuff like this doesn't really bother me.  I mean really everyone has their own interpretation what belongs on a campground and what is in theme.  People travel with their horses.  Some think of the campers as just campers and some think of it as an RV park.  If people are really concerned about something then AR it and quietly move on. 

Not everyone is going to decorate the same and not everyone has taken Interior/exterior design 101.  I have lived and live beside people that have eccentric and quirky taste and even though it is different there is nothing in the covenant stating you have to have decorating skills and can't be quirky.  I live beside someone who is by the beach and they have a green prim and evergreens.  Who cares?  That is their interpretation of their parcel and they probably don't want to hop around trying to get another one, not everyone has an alt or is playing GOH.  As long as their stuff isn't on my parcel I don't care what people do on it.  And if they really have something I don't want to see I just derender it.

I am also not really sure how I feel about all the pictures being posted making fun of others.  Which is basically what we are all doing when we post these pictures.  And I have been guilty of laughing at some of them.  I would hate to think that someone might see their home here and maybe it was their first new camper/trad/HB/vic after having an older Linden home for years and now the experience for them seems tainted because they can't live up to others decorating expectations.  JMO.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

I am more bothered that it looks crooked!  Personally stuff like this doesn't really bother me.  I mean really everyone has their own interpretation what belongs on a campground and what is in theme.  People travel with their horses.  Some think of the campers as just campers and some think of it as an RV park.  If people are really concerned about something then AR it and quietly move on. 

Not everyone is going to decorate the same and not everyone has taken Interior/exterior design 101.  I have lived and live beside people that have eccentric and quirky taste and even though it is different there is nothing in the covenant stating you have to have decorating skills and can't be quirky.  I live beside someone who is by the beach and they have a green prim and evergreens.  Who cares?  That is their interpretation of their parcel and they probably don't want to hop around trying to get another one, not everyone has an alt or is playing GOH.  As long as their stuff isn't on my parcel I don't care what people do on it.  And if they really have something I don't want to see I just derender it.

I am also not really sure how I feel about all the pictures being posted making fun of others.  Which is basically what we are all doing when we post these pictures.  And I have been guilty of laughing at some of them.  I would hate to think that someone might see their home here and maybe it was their first new camper/trad/HB/vic after having an older Linden home for years and now the experience for them seems tainted because they can't live up to others decorating expectations.  JMO.

Those people don't read the forums, don't worry. If they did, they would know they're breaking the encroachment rule.

• Like 6

I'm guessing this blog wasn't created to make fun of people & make them feel bad.  I hope it stays Light & Funny, with a dash of curious oddities found. Adding some  "maybe that's a problem?" throw in;  avoiding the Fashion Police & perceived Décor Violation finger pointing.  I suspect most poster's here get that.

I  agree with Mz. CatNap:  constructive conversation can help us all grow.  Some posts have enlightened me about what is subjective, along with what is ok and isn't ( anchor prim conversation comes to mind). 

And some things are just funny.  When you look at an open door or a back yard, sometimes  it can be an OMG followed by a big belly laugh. 

Caption this?   Noticed it during a drive by.  Remodeling?  Maybe a new frat house moving in.  

so.JPG

so2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, karynmaria said:

Personally stuff like this doesn't really bother me.  I mean really everyone has their own interpretation what belongs on a campground and what is in theme.  People travel with their horses.  Some think of the campers as just campers and some think of it as an RV park.  If people are really concerned about something then AR it and quietly move on. 

While I don't think he's too wild about the horse and stable, I'm pretty sure his bigger issue was how much outside the parcel boundaries the person rezzed that stable.

In some instances when I find stuff outside the parcel boundary, I've gotten the impression that the person involved doesn't know how to see their boundaries.  In other cases, it is very obvious that items pushed outside the boundary have been done so intentionally - a root prim created and attached is a dead giveaway that the person knows exactly what they are doing.    And in still other cases, it is anybody's guess.

It is the intentional pushing of objects quite a ways outside the parcel that bothers me - other than a few trees/bushes/flowers just off the parcel edge or someone creating a small walkway/driveway to meet up with the public one.  It is a violation of the rules and it is someone using more land than they are entitled to.  The more that it happens and is allowed to stay, the more people will do it.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, karynmaria said:

it's your opinion, and you'r totally free to think and mention that, but you seem to go on the style, but in this example it's about the encroaching, even after a mole intervention. Putting a stable more than a meter closer encroaching to a neighbour is like rubbing a wet cold towel in somebodies face, "i don't care anything about you..f.o  attitude" At the left side of the parcel is also a encroaching fence blocking the access to the waterside  (public grounds)
The pics are only used to show what people do, no names or locations are even mentioned. If they see it .. same as the choice others have to report or ignore : they can adjust it or leave it as it is.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 5

Every violation of the covenant, no matter how small brings in the mindset of "if they can get away with it, then I can get away with.."  Eventually everyone will be complaining its become like mainland V2.  LL will either be running around like headless chickens wasting their time trying to clean up or will end up just saying stuff it we have more important things to do.  

I like mainland to be fair.  I  have a mainland parcel as well as a Victorian, alongside my own region.  If this thread makes one person think twice about being a selfish [insert appropriate word] then I am all for it but if you are going to post and call out violations, do us all a favour and AR it too as requested by the moles/lindens on more than one occasion.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

but if you are going to post and call out violations, do us all a favour and AR it too as requested by the moles/lindens on more than one occasion.  

they also already said small or other things that aren't disturbing to them, derender or leave ...
And in the case i mention there was already a moles looking at it, but if it's still there or new... who am i to care again about a AR?... move on, the change to mainland has started.
I think, am convinced, they made a wrong estimation about people keeping the covenants.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

they also already said small or other things that aren't disturbing to them, derender or leave ...
And in the case i mention there was already a moles looking at it, but if it's still there or new... who am i to care again about a AR?... move on, the change to mainland has started.

Yeah I get that but what if it was your perfect spot with the drowning man? why should you have to leave due to selfish people 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

why should you have to leave due to selfish people 

yes.. but that's what's happening already, and i really don't mind a lot because i have a few nice spots, but there are also quite some people who don't have a refuge to go to, and get such plots as 5th choice.. stuck with it for at least a day.
The Belli convenant is, again, a set of rules dropped on residents, but after short time hardly able to be maintained. In a year time some regions of Belli will be worse than mainland.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.