How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Sure, it could a great idea. Moving furniture or plants... It is just that we know it will be many days. I was thinking of a daily routine of yoga and pilates 

I have been doing a pilates routine (one seated in a chair for MS sufferers but thats beside the point)   I follow it on youtube. There's also a taichi one i like too.  After 5 days doing it I missed a day and realised this is actually doing my mental health good because I really missed doing it.  There are 100s of them.  I am sure you would find one or two you like.  Some have horrid music or a horrid instructors voice.   Like Garnet I have been quite housebound for long periods over the last 5 years.  You find simple pleasures in just sitting in the garden on a dry day with a drink and your eyes and ears.  Watching a bug doing its thing or listening to birds.  

How do I feel today.  Well its all about the virus here too.  I am travelling an hour away to see my uni son and take him a non perishable food parcel.  Funnily enough I had been putting it together since way before the virus took hold in a mum looking after poor Uni child way.  So nothing panic buy about that and nobody has told us not to travel yet.  He isn't in the Uni Halls so I don't think I am putting myself at risk going to see him.  (try stop me)  All my windows and front door have been finished and look fabulous.  The front of the house may be rendered next week but at least that doesn't involve anything in my way inside the house.  Oh another idea for passing the time for those quarantined.  I have been playing around with mood boards on pinintrest for each room that is being decorated after the new windows went in  (my bedroom and living room)  Thats quite enjoyable.  I find something I really like that might be very expensive and then search the internet for a version within my price range.   

Here I go waffling again. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Move and mood update: The actual, physical move of stuff from Apt. A to Apt. B went almost without a hitch. "Almost." The movers I hired through UHaul to hoist and carry stuff did an excellent job. The unpacking is a nightmare because the two apartments are wildly different and I don't know where anything is supposed to go. Before I started living literally under the official poverty level, I had money and used to think I was some sort of Martha Stewart. Apt. B is subsidized housing. I'm probably the only person living in "the projects" who is fussing over where the hell to put my crepe and madeleine pans. :/ Then there is the cleaning of Apt. A.  My physical pain level is through the roof. I can no longer hold in the exclamatory "OW" and sucking in air that accompanies the wincing. It is so not fun.

I'm super thankful for my bff H who has come down from Canada to help me. He is a lifesaver. There's NO WAY I could have done any of this without him. He *was* going to play it by ear as to when to leave to go back home to Canada. That would have allowed us to not be so pushed for time. However, COVID-19 is changing that for us. With the USA declaring a state of emergency, things already strained at the borders, and situations often changing radically within 24-hour spans, he's now going to leave Sunday, regardless of what is or is not done. I understand that. It makes me sad because we haven't spent any fun time together. We're both exhausted.

I'm stressed, of course. A lot. I'm also worried and depressed (and stressed) about my physical deterioration over a relatively short period of time. Things I could have done a year ago I cannot do now.

I'm a little hopeful under all of the stress and pain. The uncertainty of my living situation for YEARS took a toll on me. Now, with finally getting subsidized housing, I can actually start planning other areas in my life. The new apartment is actually nicer than my old one, with a great view of the rapids of the local river. It is cleaner, more modern, and it uses its limited space much better than the old one. Oh, and the old one's rent was *over four times more.*

Mixed bag of emotions.

I haven't had time to read through anything on this thread or others. I'll catch up, eventually.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Move and mood update: The actual, physical move of stuff from Apt. A to Apt. B went almost without a hitch. "Almost." The movers I hired through UHaul to hoist and carry stuff did an excellent job. The unpacking is a nightmare because the two apartments are wildly different and I don't know where anything is supposed to go. Before I started living literally under the official poverty level, I had money and used to think I was some sort of Martha Stewart. Apt. B is subsidized housing. I'm probably the only person living in "the projects" who is fussing over where the hell to put my crepe and madeleine pans. :/ Then there is the cleaning of Apt. A.  My physical pain level is through the roof. I can no longer hold in the exclamatory "OW" and sucking in air that accompanies the wincing. It is so not fun.

I'm super thankful for my bff H who has come down from Canada to help me. He is a lifesaver. There's NO WAY I could have done any of this without him. He *was* going to play it by ear as to when to leave to go back home to Canada. That would have allowed us to not be so pushed for time. However, COVID-19 is changing that for us. With the USA declaring a state of emergency, things already strained at the borders, and situations often changing radically within 24-hour spans, he's now going to leave Sunday, regardless of what is or is not done. I understand that. It makes me sad because we haven't spent any fun time together. We're both exhausted.

I'm stressed, of course. A lot. I'm also worried and depressed (and stressed) about my physical deterioration over a relatively short period of time. Things I could have done a year ago I cannot do now.

I'm a little hopeful under all of the stress and pain. The uncertainty of my living situation for YEARS took a toll on me. Now, with finally getting subsidized housing, I can actually start planning other areas in my life. The new apartment is actually nicer than my old one, with a great view of the rapids of the local river. It is cleaner, more modern, and it uses its limited space much better than the old one. Oh, and the old one's rent was *over four times more.*

Mixed bag of emotions.

I haven't had time to read through anything on this thread or others. I'll catch up, eventually.

CmLvpeVWQAAygIb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1)A cuople of days ago i had KFC meal,enjoyed it like OMG how good.Some days later i started to feel little weird pain (or better to say sensitive reaction from cold water)., Looked in the mirror and saw that....I totally ucked  my  dental filling ,so there was just a hole in tooth.On the next day i came to dentist and got it fixed,.BUUUUUUT  on the next day after fixing i feel like something is throbbing or a bit like  damaged gum under filling or...so i only think PLEASE DO NOT LET IT BE inflamed gum and rotten tooth nerve,bacause i m too scared for 4 steps cleaning and removing nerve thing.

2) Today i rezzed at the Pamelas houseboat +she gifted me great home furnture set ,this is what i needed.thank you so much @Pamela Galli❤️

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Mixed bag of emotions.

I've been thinking about you such a lot, because as you were due to be moving homes, a friend out here in my real life in the UK is also "in flux", and it is no wonder house moving is in the top five of most stressful life events. 

It is good to know you have a friend helping you, and that the rent is more reasonable. Living under the poverty line is no joke though. 

The mixed bag of emotions is most definitely to be expected. Try and get some rest when you can.

The COVID-19 thing will pass - we will all be looking back at it at some point and going "can you remember when ... there were no toilet rolls in the shops ... Italian people were confined to their apartments and took to singing and playing music on their balconies ... etc. 

Try and rest. When you can.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In case it is of any help: it has been several days since the alarm state was declared in my country. The first couple of days prior to it, when it was suspected to be happening, supermarkets were collapsed with people buying like crazy.

Then, little by little, it is going back to normal. We stil have to stay at home and are only allowed to go to the pharmacy or the grocery store,  but once people  have realised supplies are guaranteed, you see there are more things in the shelves. It is getting easier to buy stuff as days go by, including toilet paper...

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

In case it is of any help: it has been several days since the alarm state was declared in my country. The first couple of days prior to it, when it was suspected to behappening, supermarkets were collapsed with people buying like crazy.

Then, little by little, it is going to back to normal. We stil have to stay at home and are only allowed to go to the pharmacy or the grocery store,  but once people  have realised supplies are guaranteed, you see there are more things in the shelves. It is getting easier to buy stuff as days go by, including toilet paper...

Pilamaya (thank you). That helps more than you know. My biggest fear is that imbecile in the White House will make it so I can't get to the grocery stores when I need to because I don't have a way to stockpile or store more than I already have in a single wide mobile home. I wouldn't put it past him to declare martial law either just so he can remain in the White House indefinitely. That's the last thing we need in the US. I can only pray enough of us see the truth and vote him and his POS party out of office(s). Permanently. They need to stop holding this country back in the Dark Ages. It's the 21st century ffs. We're supposed to be colonizing Mars by now. pfft

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Pilamaya (thank you). That helps more than you know. My biggest fear is that imbecile in the White House will make it so I can't get to the grocery stores when I need to because I don't have a way to stockpile or store more than I already have in a single wide mobile home. I wouldn't put it passed him to declare martial law either just so he can remain in the White House indefinitely. That's the last thing we need in the US. I can only pray enough of us see the truth and vote him and his POS party out of office(s). Permanently. They need to stop holding this country back in the Dark Ages. It's the 21st century ffs. We're supposed to be colonizing Mars by now. pfft

Local officials in some areas are already severely restricting movement and activities.  The Hoboken New Jersey mayor ordered all playgrounds, recreation centers and ballfields to shut down on Friday.  Then yesterday he added gyms, health clubs, day cares and movie theaters to the list.  Starting today, bars that do not offer food cannot open at all and restaurants can only offer take-out or delivery - and the city is now under a curfew and normal folks cannot be out between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am.  I'd say that is pretty close to invoking martial law, at the city level.  This morning the New Jersey Governor said to expect "more draconian measures" statewide.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Local officials in some areas are already severely restricting movement and activities.  The Hoboken New Jersey mayor ordered all playgrounds, recreation centers and ballfields to shut down on Friday.  Then yesterday he added gyms, health clubs, day cares and movie theaters to the list.  Starting today, bars that do not offer food cannot open at all and restaurants can only offer take-out or delivery - and the city is now under a curfew and normal folks cannot be out between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am.  I'd say that is pretty close to invoking martial law, at the city level.  This morning the New Jersey Governor said to expect "more draconian measures" statewide.

It may be in your opinion but I see those things as good things. The less in-person contact people have, the sooner the virus will run its course. My main concern is being able to get food since I don't have a means of storing more than what I normally keep on hand. Not to mention I can't afford it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Pilamaya (thank you). That helps more than you know. My biggest fear is that imbecile in the White House will make it so I can't get to the grocery stores when I need to because I don't have a way to stockpile or store more than I already have in a single wide mobile home. I wouldn't put it past him to declare martial law either just so he can remain in the White House indefinitely. That's the last thing we need in the US. I can only pray enough of us see the truth and vote him and his POS party out of office(s). Permanently. They need to stop holding this country back in the Dark Ages. It's the 21st century ffs. We're supposed to be colonizing Mars by now. pfft

I am sure he will allow some key stores to be open. Not that we have the smartest government here, actually, they should have closed the country much earlier when we heard about the situation in Italy, but we more less manage.

We are a pretty intense culture, so if we are behaving at the stores, the same will happen there. Sending all my healing vibes over there

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Elena Core said:

I am sure he will allow some key stores to be open. Not that we hav the smartest government here, actually, they should have closed the country much earlier when we heard about the situation in Italy, but we more less manage.

We are a pretty intense culture, so if we are behaving at the stores, the same will happen there. Sending all my healing vibes over there

When words are not enough. glomp.gif.f46036f42aa8d2c28db19a17664e1937.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had abdominal pain all last week that got super bad Thursday night to where I couldn’t even stand up or sit down or anything at all without screaming. I had my gallbladder out Friday afternoon and I came home yesterday. Really not in too much pain from the surgery I actually still feel the pain that I had before the surgery so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

In other news on that topic though I’m on a liquid diet for at least a week and my husband went to buy soup, pudding & water last night for me and thanks to all the panic buying, there was none. 😞

• Sad 11

On 3/12/2020 at 10:24 AM, Panteleeva said:

yes, mom and grandma always used me like i m   just a ball which can be shaped like they want.But they were always with  different opinions about raise a child. Mom don t had idea how to deal with sick kid (i was oftenly sick my first 6 years) and grandma had that sovie union extremely weird s.it like:we raise a child, we pay for child, and then child should pay us back and never have it s own personality

That's not the same thing as standing up for yourself. 

Standing up for yourself means you defend yourself, be strong when facing a conflict, fight for yourself, defend your opinion or point of view, protect yourself from danger, support yourself in a difficult situation, etc. 

That is what you did when you

On 3/12/2020 at 8:28 AM, Panteleeva said:

said sorry i don t want meat pie,gave  her milk and walked away(sorry i m not 13 years old anymore,it doeasnt work).  

glomp.gif.b2592d59279971f779bde217399e4cc2.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When i wake and before i sleep i keep praying for every one here and the rest of the forums and in sl and everyone at ll. 

Rl hubby doing better and pt had him  going up   some steps w 3 liters oxygen and he did better ,,, his recovery oxygen time improving  and he is able to stand  for longer periods of time  before he feels dizzy and needing to sit and standing  for almost five minutes on only 3 liters , so bit by bit ,,  He is not as tired .  so tomarrow they are going to try to reduce it to 2 again and hoping  ,,,,, 

i was able to finally get some sleep last night ,,,, real sleep  .... 'not the kind that i have been doing lite sleeing    ,,,,, Hubby said i was out like a light  i know much needed  sleep ,,,, And he was ok ,,, he said he reached  over me to get remote off nightsand and i was out f ast asleep ,,,, 

I pray everyone is ok and will be ok and safe ,,,,,  hugs  hugs hugs love to all 

• Like 15

19 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Hyperbole!

It just may be that the imbecile (sic) in the White House will save your life.   Imo, this is a political rant that has nothing to do with the corona virus.  Just HYPERBOLE.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.. .

Edited by Storm Clarence
that's how I'm feeling today.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Pixie Kobichenko  If the pain you're feeling doesn't go down within a few days, see your doctor; it might be inflammation but it's just possible something was missed.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  On the soup front, perhaps your husband can make some?  

Thank you Garnet.

I ended up being able to find some soup and pudding elsewhere, He just had to take a longer drive. I’m feeling a little bit better today. I have a pork roast in the freezer and lots of fresh vegetables from before the operation, I’m going to add some chicken stock to it all and drink the broth out of it and the guys can have the actual solid foods.

• Like 7

My BFF went back to Canada yesterday. He got back in. 😄  I don't know if he was hassled or not. I'm "glad" he went when he did because of the rumblings of border closings. Sigh.

After he left I just went to bed and slept like the dead. I had lemon Oreos for dinner and then went back to sleep. Btw, lemon Oreos are superb if you at all like lemon. Add a bite of a chocolate of your choosing to them and they become sublime. That's my pro tip for the day. YW.

I haven't been in SL for a week. They've probably changed all the technology again in the interim and I won't be able to move my avatar or buy clothes or something.

I'm still overwhelmed by the sheer hugeness of everything that needs to be done and for some reason the POST OFFICE doesn't recognize my new address as existing and the buildings have been here for over ten years.

I need a cat. I have been without a cat for over a year. I have had pets *all* of my life. This new apartment is Absolutely No Pets! Don't Even Think About It. Sigh. However, here's a bright side to being disabled: I may be able to get a cat because I'm officially nuts. Pets help depression. I am in part on disability due to depression (and part physical disability). A cat would be a service animal. My shrink is looking into prescribing one for me. She's done it before. Ultimately it is up to the landlords though (boo hiss). I have a *wide* window seat overlooking the rapids in the river, and there are birds and stuff... a window seat that would be cat Nirvana, especially if I don't move the breakable knick-knacks that are sitting there now. :) Fingers crossed.

I'm looking forward to the time when *we will* look back and say to each other, "Remember early 2020 and COVID-19? When we all went nuts, people died, the economy tanked and there was no toilet paper? Wow, that was an awful time, thank god we're through it."

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

My biggest fear is that imbecile in the White House will make it so I can't get to the grocery stores when I need to because I don't have a way to stockpile or store more than I already have

When you do get to the store there won't be anything left on the shelves. I went to one of the supermarkets in my town today and the shelves had been cleared of bog roll, kitchen roll & tissues, painkillers, teabags, pasta, alcohol gel, soap, anti-bacterial products, nappies & sanitary products, flour and running low on bread & bakery, pet food, wine, frozen stuff, packet & canned food

• Like 3

I'm going stir-crazy. I self-isolated last week because of the fever I had... and now that I'm ready to rejoin the real world, I just got a call from my boss that our work area is being shut down and we're all to work from home until a date not yet determined. 

Normally I love working from home but I've reached the point where I need some real live human interaction. My state also announced today the closure of all restaurants and bars to anything but take-out and delivery so I can't even go sit in a restaurant. And I feel guilty for feeling that way when I should (and am) worried about all the service industry people who aren't going to be making any money for the foreseeable future. My city and state are going to be hauling out the rainy day funds to help cover these folks expenses, and many utilities, credit card companies, etc., are suspending payments due, but still... that has to be terrifying for them. 

I'm sitting here in my apartment right now with the heat on because it's cold, and my patio door open because I need some fresh air. 

The cats are annoyed that I won't leave so they can do their secret cat things that they do when I'm at work. 

What is it going to be like two weeks from now?!

• Like 9

Hello everyone. I am sure other countries are learning from the ones who have gone/are undergoing similar circumstances. The first days of the alarm state here were a total madness, but believe me, everything is running smoother now. There are more things available at the stores. US will be ready, I truly believe it. 

Still, it is an intense situation here, but we feel safer since we have seen all basic items are covered. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.