How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Hubby very tired still on 3 liters oxygen. Occupational theripist comming here so we do not have to uber in  to lunng rehab today.   I am grateful but tired so tired i am too tired to sleep...

He is napping so i am on line trying to catch up and read everyting i missed over the past weeks.   I was shocked to realize we are really in March and it is the 10 th already ,,,,, ikr ,,,,, He is on oxygen 24/7 .  We have the portable tanks of oxygen and a big ting that looks  like a portable heater  call the oxygenator   it sucks in the air from the room and pumps pure oxygen  into the tubing and nose canular ,,, sorry about spelling ,,,, so  and the tubing is thin so he can go from room to room withot lugging a oxygen canister .  He was able this morning to walk from the bed to the bathroon   wash his face and hands and walk back without  the wheelchair and his oxygen saturation was good ,

so day by day 

,,,, i feel like i am on auto pilot ,,,,      so this  afternoon they are going to try to lower it to 2 liters to see how he does and  if he is not  lung ready then back to 3 but it is all good .  I keep seeing te  reeses peanutbutter  eggs comercial and  boy i could eat a bag of thoses at this point ,,,, i know     stress food ,,,, lolol  hugs love to all

Rose, I know it’s hard but please please get rest. I am so glad hubby is better — and if anyone deserves a peanutbutter egg it’s you!

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Hubby very tired still on 3 liters oxygen. Occupational theripist comming here so we do not have to uber in  to lunng rehab today.   I am grateful but tired so tired i am too tired to sleep...

He is napping so i am on line trying to catch up and read everyting i missed over the past weeks.   I was shocked to realize we are really in March and it is the 10 th already ,,,,, ikr ,,,,, He is on oxygen 24/7 .  We have the portable tanks of oxygen and a big thing that looks  like a portable heater  call the oxygenator   it sucks in the air from the room and pumps pure oxygen  into the tubing and nose canular ,,, sorry about spelling ,,,, so  and the tubing is thin so he can go from room to room without lugging a oxygen canister .  He was able this morning to walk from the bed to the bathroon   wash his face and hands and walk back without  the wheelchair and his oxygen saturation was good ,

so day by day 

,,,, i feel like i am on auto pilot ,,,,      so this  afternoon they are going to try to lower it to 2 liters to see how he does and  if he is not  lung ready then back to 3 but it is all good .  I keep seeing te  reeses peanutbutter  eggs comercial and  boy i could eat a bag of thoses at this point ,,,, i know     stress food ,,,, lolol  hugs love to all

7b94cabefd8a0c074fefd9fc9cf6bda1.jpg

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

579821a13ed294b0a08253caa0dc5250--summer

That would pretty much be us -- folks running around on Facebook posting memes like "I survived Florida Winter, February 21-22, 2020.  Never Forget" and stuff of that ilk.

We pay for our hubris with the swamp that passes for summer down here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

That would pretty much be us -- folks running around on Facebook posting memes like "I survived Florida Winter, February 21-22, 2020.  Never Forget" and stuff of that ilk.

We pay for our hubris with the swamp that passes for summer down here.

I grew up in Lousyana so... yeah. I like Oregon's weather better. Just wish I could hear thunder more often. Real thunderstorms are rare here. And some rain now and again in July and September would be nice.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I grew up in Lousyana so... yeah. I like Oregon's weather better. Just wish I could hear thunder more often. Real thunderstorms are rare here. And some rain now and again in July and September would be nice.

My husband grew up in LA too... and says that was too cold and so's Florida 😛  He's considering moving to Belize.

I'll miss him 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

Rose, I know it’s hard but please please get rest. I am so glad hubby is better — and if anyone deserves a peanutbutter egg it’s you!

100%  this Rose.  you deserve all the good things.  Don't forget to look after yourself too 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I adore thunderstorms. Best one I ever was in was in Massachusetts.

• Like 3

Whelp, I'm working from home today because I have a low-grade fever. 

I never go anywhere from except to work (and, er... the grocery, the gas station, and the drugstore that I visited on Saturday... oh, and that pizza place. And Subway. And that Mediterranean buffet last week...) so I'm fairly certain I don't have the Covfefe Virus (that's what I call it in my head), but I'm not going to be the idiotic patient zero at work who came in even though they had a fever. 

I feel fine. My face is warm, but not like hot-flash on fire. I have a mandatory meeting in the morning with about 80 people. I'm leaving it up to my boss as to whether or not I can go to work tomorrow. 

@roseelvira - You have to rest. You have to take care of yourself, sweetness. God knows you deserve it. And make sure you're eating well, too! ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 10

So yeah I thought shook off migraine but it lingered quietly in background but I could cope being online instead of struggling like I did on Sun and most of Mon but today it finally actually properly went away so yeah that was one from hell and not had one like that in ages though I don't hope have another like that one for a while.

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 6

This time change is beating the tar out of me.  I finally woke up when I normally should without feeling like I was being dragged out of bed, but 4AM is evil no matter which timing convention.  And I'm tired. 

Added to that, this week was the week I had to up my dose of the Trintellix, and that has some fun side effects that are back in full force.  It feels like I'm being stabbed through my lower abdomen with an ice pick, which is super fun.

Fortunately this is all temporary.  I will adapt to the time change, and my body will adapt to the new medication dose, but today is NOT a banner day 🙂

• Sad 4

some update:Today i bought grandma some mdeicines she needs,even if i thought that she takes all of them without any normal schedule.Later i started to clean her house and  this was a moment when it started to be worse.I know she was dringing a bit while i cleaned floors,etc.Because iw asnt able to watch her and clean. She started to yell dufferent rude things,like I ASK YOU FOR HELP BUT YOU DO UGLY FACE AND DON T WANNA DO anything. She believer in what she wants to beliieve in . She cant understand why i cant make smiley face and even smile a bit. Later she started to talk about that someday i will kill mother or she will kill me,because she thinks our relationships are ewww(sadly grandma is the one whio started many our scandals).And then my phone started to ring.It was mom,who wantes to ask if i bought grandma meds.I didnt respond because i was busy while cleaning.Thats was ok for her.But after 2-3 mins grandma started to scream:who was that???mom or your bastards who *ucks you all the time in any hole they know?..

It was final...I runned away with my boots and all the stuff in hands, i remember many of her drunk  insults, but now i feel like she 

(pierced the bottom(how we say in Russia).  Many years grandma sister and others from our family kept saying don t pay attention, because drunks can say bad things, actually wasnt meant anythibng bad, because runk brain is not what sober brain thinks..but i don t know...i have no idea how i should talk to her after that. 

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Sad 10

3 hours ago, 811Lord said:

“Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.”– Carlos Castaneda

Wednesday: Halfway to the weekend! Enjoy your day!

Funny you should quote Carlos Castaneda, I was just reading a blurb about a new book about him, called Getting Castaneda: understanding Carlos Castaneda. I had read his first 4 books or so back when they came out, but I haven't thought about him in years. 

On the other hand, I think your post is rather insensitive in this location, and not really in keeping with the theme here. Here, we deal with real pain, anguish and strife.  We try to maintain a loving environment.  Implying that all we need to do is decide to be happy, is not helpful.

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

On the other hand, I think your post is rather insensitive in this location, and not really in keeping with the theme here. Here, we deal with real pain, anguish and strife.  We try to maintain a loving environment.  Implying that all we need to do is decide to be happy, is not helpful.

Seconding; it really felt tone-deaf.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

some update:Today i bought grandma some mdeicines she needs,even if i thought that she takes all of them without any normal schedule.Later i started to clean her house and  this was a moment when it started to be worse.I know she was dringing a bit while i cleaned floors,etc.Because iw asnt able to watch her and clean. She started to yell dufferent rude things,like I ASK YOU FOR HELP BUT YOU DO UGLY FACE AND DON T WANNA DO anything. She believer in what she wants to beliieve in . She cant understand why i cant make smiley face and even smile a bit. Later she started to talk about that someday i will kill mother or she will kill me,because she thinks our relationships are ewww(sadly grandma is the one whio started many our scandals).And then my phone started to ring.It was mom,who wantes to ask if i bought grandma meds.I didnt respond because i was busy while cleaning.Thats was ok for her.But after 2-3 mins grandma started to scream:who was that???mom or your bastards who *ucks you all the time in any hole they know?..

It was final...I runned away with my boots and all the stuff in hands, i remember many of her drunk  insults, but now i feel like she 

(pierced the bottom(how we say in Russia).  Many years grandma sister and others from our family kept saying don t pay attention, because drunks can say bad things, actually wasnt meant anythibng bad, because runk brain is not what sober brain thinks..but i don t know...i have no idea how i should talk to her after that. 

I can't advise you what you should do, but I had no contact with either of my parents during what turned out to their final years. I have no regrets about that, except I should have cut the ties many years earlier.

Children are like bank accounts. If you don't invest wisely, then no one should be expecting to withdraw anything out at the end. It is not the god given right of parents, because they gave us birth and life, that they should use their kids as verbal, physical, or sexual punch bags. Bad enough it is that all parents give their children ultimately, is a death sentence which hangs over us for all of our lives.

It's hard to be hard, but sometimes it is absolutely essential to cut the ties. 

I had mountains of mental health counselling before I made what, for me, was the right decision.  I  hope you can get some necessary help and support closer to home. But we are here, listening, and caring. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

.... like I really don't belong here any more. The exuberant ramshackle creativity that was once our world has been driven into hidden corners, I'm not motivated by the overwhelming push towards a fantasy "realism", and my stamina is too poor to finish building projects. Maybe it's time.

You maybe need a break, or a change of direction, or to be kinder to yourself that you do not need to follow the sheeple mentality that seems rather prevalent in the current day Second Life.  

I admire all creators, and I will continue to be a buyer of such creations, especially quirky stuff, such as fridges that eat people and spit them out (!), zombies that you can kill (stress relieving), but still cannot get my head around certain aspects of Second Life, mainly that I am meant to look ever more 'perfect', buy a particular head and then try to match it to my neck, and now, what is the thing with the teeth?

No. No. And NO! That was never, and never will be, what I became a resident of Second Life for. The Rat Race should firmly remain out there in real life. In. My. Opinion.

Bitsy, you don't need to finish the building projects. Have some time just exploring, not making work for yourself. I dipped in yesterday evening, just to go looking for hippos!! (I didn't find any :(  )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.