How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

How do I feel today?  Its going to be a funny old week.  Today I get to finally pick up my motorbility car.  Trust me to choose a car that is normally made as a van and so you have to wait for the manufacturers to produce their run of vans before they do a short run of the car version.  So when I ordered it in September the estimation was December and here we are in March 🙄 With my condition walking changes daily, sometimes hourly.  So this large car will give me the option of taking more than just the fold up wheelchair out just in case.  I can pretty much take everything from a stick to a mobility scooter (if I had one)  all at once and just use whatever I need at the time.  Plus all my kids at once and the dog.  This I am excited about.

Also today my next door neighbours start their new kitchen extension which will mean noise and disruption for a couple of weeks and possibly nowhere to even park the new car.  

Tomorrow however, my new windows and doors are being fitted which will be great when done.

Then we get to Friday which is Ki's funeral.  It seems a long time (3 weeks) to have waited but knowing him and his warped sense of humour :D he would get a kick out of the date being Friday 13th.

At least I know I have you guys to help me limp through what will be an interesting week.  I also apologise that I haven't had it in me to reach out to others in the thread over the last couple of weeks other than mostly reaction buttons  (even if there is no flipping hug)   Please know I do care and I am reading and empathising with you.  

Your positivity is always a tonic to me, Cindy. Extra good wishes to you for these next couple of weeks, with all the works on the houses, and your man's funeral. 

A full moon and Friday 13th due in one week. Buckle up people, it's going to be a bumpy ride!!

(And thank you all for getting me through yesterday. I had a sleeping pill as a last resort and while am groggy this morning, it has left me with dulled hearing too, and for that I am grateful.)

• Like 5

Today is my mothers B-Day. Today she recieved many calls with B-Day wishes..BUT some of her friends are always mention ME,and while cionversation thay mention all ma fails and what a hero my mom is to raise the useless eww like me. If you say b-day wishes to a person,why you need mentionher kid?they need to realize that my life is not their ucking business,even if i know what a sh.t my mother always told them about me my whole life, no matter what i do. 

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Sad 10

@Panteleeva I grew up in an abusive family situation, too. Different from yours, but abusive. It breaks my heart to read your posts, but I'm very happy for you that you DO post, that you have a place to do so, and I hope you keep doing it. You need to know you ARE BEING HEARD. I know how important it is to know you are being heard. I also hope that in your first life that you have access to other people, professionals, who can help you through the damage. People have to take a test to drive a car, and yet any idiot can breed and "raise" children... smh.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

apologise that I haven't had it in me to reach out to others in the thread over the last couple of weeks other than mostly reaction buttons  (even if there is no flipping hug)   Please know I do care and I am reading and empathising with you.  

You just need to take care of you, @Cindy Evanier. I've been unable to post much too, and I don't even have a good reason!  But I care about you all in this thread, so much, and I hope you know it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

At least I know I have you guys to help me limp through what will be an interesting week.  I also apologise that I haven't had it in me to reach out to others in the thread over the last couple of weeks other than mostly reaction buttons  (even if there is no flipping hug)   Please know I do care and I am reading and empathising with you.  

You do whatever you need for you.  This is a rough time for you and we all know it.  There are plenty of us that can respond to the others, though I must admit that in thinking about it I'm actually really bad at responding other than reactions or replies back to comments directed at me - I need to work on that.

Anyway, bunches of Hugs.  

And YAY about the van -- finally, huh !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

Today is my mothers B-Day. Today she recieved many calls with B-Day wishes..BUT some of her friends are always mention ME,and while cionversation thay mention all ma fails and what a hero my mom is to raise the useless eww like me. If you say b-day wishes to a person,why you need mentionher kid?they need to realize that my life is not their ucking business,even if i know what a sh.t my mother always told them about me my whole life, no matter what i do. 

I grew up with a lot of verbal abuse from one of my stepfathers, though luckily that relationship was short-lived.  Mostly what I had to deal with was just an emotionally unavailable mother and too many stepfathers.  I can't even imagine what it would have been like to have had that verbal abuse throughout my entire life.  I'm truly so sorry you have that in your life. 

Hugs to help you deal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sweet gentle Cindy

holding  and hugging you tightly .Know we are all with you in spirit,  in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. Take time for you as  long as it takes and if you need anyting let us know ...  we are here for you . gentle beautiful one...  Know we walk with you at this time ,,,,,, hugs hugs hugs love

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In last 2 hours; I shook off a killer migraine from hell as had since 2am UK time last night and finally feel like myself again. So spent most of day offline and trying to get back to myself which I eventually did.

• Like 9

Well I picked up my car.  OMG he is an absolute beast of a car.  I have named him Virgil. (Anyone who knows my beloved football team will understand why)   I can't even go test him properly today because the window fitters are due any moment.  I am trying to get a chance to log into SL.  Apparently the Progency peeps decided to visit the opening of the event I am on the team for so I need to take me turn watching out there 🙄    

I didn't sleep well.  I think subconsciously I expected someone to try and steal Virgil in the middle of the night lol.   My back has decided I did too much yesterday; walking and moving stuff ready for the windows and door to be fitted.  So that means I have taken a big pink painkiller.  I actually need to go buy toilet paper ready for my visit to the Uni child at the weekend.  (Mums care package time)  I have also run out of CBD oil.  I don't really want to put myself at risk around people right now.  My immune system has enough issues with the MS without this stupid virus hanging around.  A surgeon at my local hospital just got diagnosed.  It makes me mad.  He went away to Italy then came back and went to work in a hospital of all places.  🙄  I wasn't scared about it until you find out about idiots like that who should know better.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Well I picked up my car.  OMG he is an absolute beast of a car.  I have named him Virgil. (Anyone who knows my beloved football team will understand why)   I can't even go test him properly today because the window fitters are due any moment.  I am trying to get a chance to log into SL.  Apparently the Progency peeps decided to visit the opening of the event I am on the team for so I need to take me turn watching out there 🙄    

I didn't sleep well.  I think subconsciously I expected someone to try and steal Virgil in the middle of the night lol.   My back has decided I did too much yesterday; walking and moving stuff ready for the windows and door to be fitted.  So that means I have taken a big pink painkiller.  I actually need to go buy toilet paper ready for my visit to the Uni child at the weekend.  (Mums care package time)  I have also run out of CBD oil.  I don't really want to put myself at risk around people right now.  My immune system has enough issues with the MS without this stupid virus hanging around.  A surgeon at my local hospital just got diagnosed.  It makes me mad.  He went away to Italy then came back and went to work in a hospital of all places.  🙄  I wasn't scared about it until you find out about idiots like that who should know better.  

Glad you got Virgil. :) Shame about the surgeon; I'm afraid they often believe they are above the common race of humankind.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I didn't sleep well.  I think subconsciously I expected someone to try and steal Virgil in the middle of the night lol. 

It's the National pastime of fans of your "beloved football team".....what did you expect?  😄

I'm hanging in there.  Still no home internet, but I'm cautiously optimistic after talking with Spectrum (yet again) and also engaging with the Twitter "@AskSpectrum" rep.  When it was just my entertainment/ leisure activities it was aggravating, but my son mentioned today that the lack of internet is keeping him from doing his online assignments as well as keeping him from being able to do his stuff for Florida Virtual Schools.  When I shared that with Spectrum, progress appeared to start to be made.

It perhaps didn't hurt that I mentioned I'd looked at Frontier, as that's also available in our area, but I didn't want to change a service I'd had since 2002...

Fingers crossed that my life goes back to "normal" for me this evening, and I'm able to buy my stupid KittyCatS! some food, because I just got an alert that they're out 😕  If that's the worst thing that happens to me this week, I'll take it.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

It's the National pastime of fans of your "beloved football team".....what did you expect?  😄

rolls her eyes and yawns

I hope your cheap shot sterotyping bites you in the ass one day.  This is not the time or the thread for it

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Oh happy day, according to my husband we have internet at home again -- woohoo!!!!

This has perked me up immeasurably.  It's the little things, sometimes... because the larger ones are often out of our control.

It’s not little, it’s everything!  Please God let there still be TV and internet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

It’s not little, it’s everything!  Please God let there still be TV and internet.

Amen to that.  I had to actually leave my house this weekend.  Not that this is a terrible thing by any means, but I prefer for it to be a choice rather than a "I am climbing the walls and MUST GET OUT OF HERE, pandemics be hanged!" kind of moment.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Amen to that.  I had to actually leave my house this weekend.  Not that this is a terrible thing by any means, but I prefer for it to be a choice rather than a "I am climbing the walls and MUST GET OUT OF HERE, pandemics be hanged!" kind of moment.

You have those moments, too? 

be8feb0c17e65adb2b071fb2c26dd39d.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hubby very tired still on 3 liters oxygen. Occupational theripist comming here so we do not have to uber in  to lunng rehab today.   I am grateful but tired so tired i am too tired to sleep...

He is napping so i am on line trying to catch up and read everyting i missed over the past weeks.   I was shocked to realize we are really in March and it is the 10 th already ,,,,, ikr ,,,,, He is on oxygen 24/7 .  We have the portable tanks of oxygen and a big thing that looks  like a portable heater  call the oxygenator   it sucks in the air from the room and pumps pure oxygen  into the tubing and nose canular ,,, sorry about spelling ,,,, so  and the tubing is thin so he can go from room to room without lugging a oxygen canister .  He was able this morning to walk from the bed to the bathroon   wash his face and hands and walk back without  the wheelchair and his oxygen saturation was good ,

so day by day 

,,,, i feel like i am on auto pilot ,,,,      so this  afternoon they are going to try to lower it to 2 liters to see how he does and  if he is not  lung ready then back to 3 but it is all good .  I keep seeing te  reeses peanutbutter  eggs comercial and  boy i could eat a bag of thoses at this point ,,,, i know     stress food ,,,, lolol  hugs love to all

Edited by roseelvira
my spelling again ,,,,,
  • Sad 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.