What are you watching today?

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My viewing habits have gone off the rails. I watch videos on youtube like a street food vendor making a ham and eggs sandwich, then an episode of Blue Planet. I watched the new IT movie. Still not sca

Because when I flipped on my TV this morning this one popped up. So. Now we move forward.  

Posted Images

Currently browsing for something to watch. Seeing how many terrible horror films are made these days is just sad. But I did spot something that might be mildly entertaining - come watch it with me, @Jordan Whitt?!

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Currently browsing for something to watch. Seeing how many terrible horror films are made these days is just sad. But I did spot something that might be mildly entertaining - come watch it with me, @Jordan Whitt?!

Me no likey you no more!

• Haha 1
On 1/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

This is enjoyable so far, though Mads Mikkelsen's accent is sometimes hard to fathom.

Very good series, I watched it a few months back.

Currently watching Altered Carbon Season 1

Edited by Gage Wirefly
  • Like 2

More accurately just listening, but old Twilight Zone episodes from Netflix.

I actually do like Twilight Zone and have seen it all so many times, it was a new years eve tradition for me and my mum as a kid, now I'm an adult who parties with friends.. and I partied harder than I did the previous year this time around and kinda.. forgot most of the night.  ya know what stinks about being bi-lingualish? you exchange words you know in English for others.

Edited by Mortified Wanderer
  • Like 1

I have several skeins of unused yarn and got the bright idea to look for ruana knit or crochet patterns...

I am also trying to relearn the Tunisian crochet:

Then I got sucked into the infamous YouTube rabbit hole:  

How did I end up with chocolate truffles at 2 AM?

• Like 1

I binge watched, The Queens Gambit last night..

I have to say, this is a really good mini series.. It's 7 episodes and I was pulled in and glued to it the whole time..

I watched this this morning before anyone woke up.. It's not a big budget film or anything like that..

I pretty much watched it because I would watch him when I was little and wanted to see what they went into with the film..

I have to say, I felt really relaxed and calm afterwards and realized just how deep he really was.. He may be talking to children in his shows, but the things he sings and say's work for adults as well.. I wish I knew how to stay as grounded as him..Probably following what he say's might work I guess.. hehehe

Either way, I felt a really nice calm afterwards and so relaxed and peaceful..

For me it was an interesting watch.. I don't know what others would think of it, but it's on our shelf now just for how therapeutic it felt watching it..

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I watched this this morning before anyone woke up...

I'd heard of "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" during my childhood, but I'd never seen the show until college, when it sometimes played in the student lounge. Though college was a time to rebel against your childhood, all my classmates seemed to love Fred. I became a huge fan of Mr. McFeeley's tours.

Years later, I introduced my engineering team to Mr. McFeeley. Every Tuesday morning, I'd grab my fellas and take them out to the company lounge to watch as Mr. McFeeley toured some new place that made things. I think I learned as much about manufacturing from McFeeley as I did from my professors.

I have a special affinity for Mr. Rogers because I grew up in a family who appreciated the value of "make believe" and loved hamming it up with hand puppets. I still have puppets I'm happy to pull out and put on to entertain guests, often with affection I'd not feel comfortable showing directly.

Tom Hanks seems the perfect person to play Fred Rogers. That movie is on my watch list.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2