What are you watching today?

This is a very odd (and very short) series that I found while perusing Amazon Prime Video.  It is only 2 seasons of 5 episodes each, and each episode is only about 25 minutes long.  All episodes are set entirely within a diner (different diners for each season), with all of the drama/action being comprised of various conversations with a man in said diner.  There series explores the concept of just how far one might be willing to go to get something they desperately want and the domino effects that can happen from chosen actions.  It was entertaining, in an odd way.

I'm going to be watching Kingsmen 1 and 2 to get ready for the prequel which is supposed to be coming in February..

It looks really good.. Then possibly another coming after that one.. I hope they keep them coming like they do the bond movies..

I really love these movies so far..

The King's Man, prequel to The Kingsmen.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I've been watching this one the last few days.  I never knew much about F. Scott Fitzgerald and this series is a partially fictionalized version, but at the very least the man was an alcoholic and very likely an a**hole much of the time.  Decent short series for watching though.

I started in on this one, on Amazon Prime, while waiting for the fall shows to start up.  It is about what life in America might be like if Germany and Japan had won WWII - which is a disturbing thought, to say the least.  I'm only halfway through the first season, but so far I definitely find it very enjoyable, though bits & pieces do make me cringe a bit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I started in on this one, on Amazon Prime, while waiting for the fall shows to start up.  It is about what life in America might be like if Germany and Japan had won WWII - which is a disturbing thought, to say the least.  I'm only halfway through the first season, but so far I definitely find it very enjoyable, though bits & pieces do make me cringe a bit. 

I haven't seen the series but read the book during the first lockdown this year and really enjoyed it! Very weird and surprising ending. Would recommend!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gage Wirefly said:

This show used to air on PBS when I was growing up and I've been catching the episodes on Amazon Prime. Truly one of the funniest sitcoms ever.

One of the best !!!! Mrs Slocombe  ,,,, priceless !!!! 

• Like 1