What are you watching today?

I watched this movie this morning and I'll be watching the sequel after this posting. :) It's a little cheesy but what modern Christmas movie isn't? There are some scenes that are unrealistic but come on, it's a fictitious screenplay. People become too critical for easy watching films. 

Netflix

I don't like modern trailers. They pack the entire movie into it within a couple of minutes.

If you like knowing everything except the minute details that you can only see by watching the entire movie, then here are the trailers for you.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:30 AM, Orwar said:

Back when horror comedies were good.

I remember seeing that when I was younger and being scared until I seen the  Micheal Jackson zombie.. Then I went from being scared to being confused.. It was like one minute, scared, the next minute, Huh? 0o

I think it was at my uncles house when we seen it.. When I got older and seen it again, I just thought it was goofy..hehehe

I got side swept, and now I'm going to watch,

The Late Bloomer is a 2016 American comedy-drama film directed by Kevin Pollak and written by Gary Rosen, Joe Nussbaum, Paul A. Kaplan & Mark Torgove, and Kyle Cooper & Austyn Jeffs. The film stars Johnny Simmons, Maria Bello, Brittany Snow, Jane Lynch, J. K. Simmons, Kumail Nanjiani, Beck Bennett, and Paul Wesley, and is based on journalist Ken Baker's autobiography Man Made: A Memoir of My Body, in which he detailed experiencing puberty for the first time at age 27.

Synopsis:

the late bloomer movie.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I remember seeing that when I was younger and being scared until I seen the  Micheal Jackson zombie.. Then I went from being scared to being confused.. It was like one minute, scared, the next minute, Huh? 0o

I think it was at my uncles house when we seen it.. When I got older and seen it again, I just thought it was goofy..hehehe

I feel like in the past few years when the Zombie genre got overdone, the actual horror aspect of the theme was lost. It has been brought in a few different directions to try to make it more 'difficult' again, introducing various mutations and 'special types' of zombies (Nemesis in Resident Evil for example) - but it has gone from fright to just action, both in games and in films / series. 

In the Night of the Living Dead, the protagonists didn't have access to firearms, and they didn't fully understand the threat or how to deal with it, and the undead weren't so malformed and decayed (if recently deceased) that it was obviously apparent that 'this is a zombie' at first glance. But the zombies did go down if you whacked them over the head hard enough.

In the Return of the Living Dead series, the threat is further increased by making the 'destroying the brain' part moot. The only way they find to stop the undead, is to entirely destroy them, and at the same time the undead retain intelligence and even the ability to communicate ('send more cops!'). 

It's in many ways a parallel to the general horror genre's descent over the past decade. The art of suspense has been pretty much lost in favour of shock value, gruesome practical effects have largely been lost with the introduction of CGI (I don't dislike CGI per se, I love me some CGI galore SciFi spectacles, but the gruesome graphics of films like The Thing just can't be beat by it). Zombies have gone from being a direct, relentless threat to being an inconvenience that will occasionally be the death of someone who's being careless or arrogant, or when someone betrays them.

In the modern zombie genre, zombies aren't the antagonists, it's usually humans that are. The zombies are just scenery.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I feel like in the past few years when the Zombie genre got overdone, the actual horror aspect of the theme was lost. It has been brought in a few different directions to try to make it more 'difficult' again, introducing various mutations and 'special types' of zombies (Nemesis in Resident Evil for example) - but it has gone from fright to just action, both in games and in films / series. 

In the Night of the Living Dead, the protagonists didn't have access to firearms, and they didn't fully understand the threat or how to deal with it, and the undead weren't so malformed and decayed (if recently deceased) that it was obviously apparent that 'this is a zombie' at first glance. But the zombies did go down if you whacked them over the head hard enough.

In the Return of the Living Dead series, the threat is further increased by making the 'destroying the brain' part moot. The only way they find to stop the undead, is to entirely destroy them, and at the same time the undead retain intelligence and even the ability to communicate ('send more cops!'). 

It's in many ways a parallel to the general horror genre's descent over the past decade. The art of suspense has been pretty much lost in favour of shock value, gruesome practical effects have largely been lost with the introduction of CGI (I don't dislike CGI per se, I love me some CGI galore SciFi spectacles, but the gruesome graphics of films like The Thing just can't be beat by it). Zombies have gone from being a direct, relentless threat to being an inconvenience that will occasionally be the death of someone who's being careless or arrogant, or when someone betrays them.

In the modern zombie genre, zombies aren't the antagonists, it's usually humans that are. The zombies are just scenery.

Here is one I really liked that seemed to keep a lot of what you are talking about..Although it was more comedy,the zombies were more than just background noise..

I agree with you also.. Nowadays the zombies seem more like the lava below, don't fall over the edge or you'll get burnt.. someone trips over a rock and goes over..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

These two jump on a Narco Sub and start pounding on the door..

That is wild.

It also reminds me of that age old joke:

Q: How do you sink a Norwegian submarine?
   A: You swim down, knock on the hatch and ask them to let you inside.

• Haha 2

I could post a political video but am wary of starting an argument, and in any case I'd rather wind down for the end of the year; you can see my views on Facebook anyway.  (I only use it to talk to an old friend and join in a group I like so postings are infrequent).  Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the new season of The Expanse on the 16th.  Yay Wes! :)