When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Flying from my Victorian to my boathouse - south to north Bellisseria, just a region or two after crossing the 'border' empty regions I noticed a LOT of waterfront campers that have been taken by people in only the last few days.

It looks like right now is the ideal time to get an extremely good camper location if one is looking for such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Which is funny, because my street is full of empty Victorian homes... I've check and they still belong to LL

A lot of people take a long time to decorate, if ever. My houseboat sim has some plots that remained empty from the very day the sim went live in early October - claimed on that day and never filled. In one of them I see a green dot often; the owner just doesn't care to rez anything> I believe the land impact was also still at 0, as in no skybox.

The other day my alt caught a traditional on a sim that opened in April - some of the neighbors that have been there since April had empty homes...

Quite a few Victorians might also be in the hands of alts hunting for the right location. One of my alts is holding one until her 24 hours expires... Pretty soon those alts will fade out of the list and the spots they were using will get taken by others... who may or may not leave them empty...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DellaLaBella said:

Fjord, oddly enough, is not near the sea

That's because it's not named for the landscape, but for the names of the Mighty Mien.

There are also regions named Nott, Beauregard, Caduceus, Bren...  One of the Moles is a special kind of Critter :)  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

A lot of people take a long time to decorate, if ever. My houseboat sim has some plots that remained empty from the very day the sim went live - claimed on that day and never filled. In one of them I see a green dot often; the owner just doesn't care to rez anything> I believe the land impact was also still at 0, as in no skybox.

Quite a few Victorians might also be in the hands of alts hunting for the right location. One of my alts is holding one until her 24 hours expires... Pretty soon those alts will fade out of the list and the spots they were using will get taken by others... who may or may not leave them empty...

Funny enough, my alt has the decorated house. If you happen to walk past my home, see it empty and a dot way up in the sky, it's because I (stupidly) thought this weekend would be a good time to organize my inventory.

Send wine help.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Send help.

Find an ancient alt you can't remember the password to...

Send everything that is trans to the alt.

Find everything else... rez a random prim, leave it's name as 'Object'

Put everything you haven't used in the last week inside that prim.

Take the prim to a random sandbox and rez it. TP away, log out for a day.

- issue likely to be solved. Maybe a little oversolved... :P

I did something almost this drastic back when I got my mesh body... but the second part was on accident rather than on purpose... 😮

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

So, since no Victorians were showing up, and I knew I only had one or 2 tries left on one of my alts today I used them on a couple of traditional homes to see what came up. It brought me to the newly released regions. I was not impressed at all. Is it just me? Something odd about them that I can't place my finger on. The two I saw seemed kind of unfinished in a way. Too wide open, houses oddly placed, not enough landscaping privacy between houses. Needless to say neither house was a keeper. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just got a boat on Escheat. When you look at the map that is no nice location at all but when you are there it has all I ask from a houseboat. Nice views, backs on sand, not only boats but also houses in sight, even a lighthouse. Might consider swapping that for my Sandflea one.

But to my big astonishment: no more Victorians!! I had made a bet they would last a weak ... they did not ... but 6 days .

• Like 2

Who knows? Might be they didn't give ALL of them into the pool but kept some back to trickle in next year?

I just got a Traditional in Foxbridge and abandoned it because I have better ones ... though I liked it a lot more that all the Victorians I have seen the last days. A much more natural feeling landscape, all green, litte lake in front ... could see the sea from the distance.

I think a lot of people just grabbed a Victorian to play a bit with the new possibilities, then abandon after some days or some weeks, like I did with my camper. That was a very nice lot next to water. So the nicer Victorian lots might be coming up again in the new year aswell. I have two seashore ones. One of them will go in the next month or so the other one latest in April when the premium year for the alt runs out.

Like me there are LOTS of others. So there is allways hope for Victorians if you still missed out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Who knows? Might be they didn't give ALL of them into the pool but kept some back to trickle in next year?

I just got a Traditional in Foxbridge and abandoned it because I have better ones ... though I liked it a lot more that all the Victorians I have seen the last days. A much more natural feeling landscape, all green, litte lake in front ... could see the sea from the distance.

I think a lot of people just grabbed a Victorian to play a bit with the new possibilities, then abandon after some days or some weeks, like I did with my camper. That was a very nice lot next to water. So the nicer Victorian lots might be coming up again in the new year aswell. I have two seashore ones. One of them will go in the next month or so the other one latest in April when the premium year for the alt runs out.

Like me there are LOTS of others. So there is allways hope for Victorians if you still missed out.

I finally got the Traditional i was looking for.... Green with nice unblocked Ocean View, a tiny green area with a sitting bench in front of the house and a road... The road is the only thing i am not excited about, so I will keep looking ...

Having looked at many Traditionals lately, after the release of the Victorians I must say that I like the Victorians much better, due to the unique landscape of the sims, the amazing common areas and the prims LL invested in making the  entrance to the homes more beautiful with all these flowers etc.

The Traditionals instead are now looking bit sad, especially the ones that only have 1 single plant and a tree on the front side ( like my first one), or even nothing at all.....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

The Traditionals instead are now looking bit sad, especially the ones that only have 1 single plant and a tree on the front side ( like my first one), or even nothing at all.....

It's the other way round for me! There are many pretty Victorians but I prefer the more varied landscape of old Belli.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was a bit surprised that the Victorians actually did go away sooner than the houseboats. I expected them to take longer to vanish and thought there were more of them than there were.

That said... I think the Traditionals are generally a better product.

You can click to move around in them, and they're just about the right size for the amount of land impact we get given how most people don't seem as good as I am at getting low land-impact stuff (when I cam around regions I see most neighbors are using 2-3x the land impact as I am for like items).

While my Victorian is 'densely pack with stuff' and I still have 81-land impact left after also setting out 4 vehicles, I frequently see homes that look sparse and yet have nearly run out... That is people who in the long run might return to traditionals.

People who are good at limiting the land impact of their rezzed toys will like the Vics... but others will start feeling their homes look empty. But that will take some time to occur.

The Victorians are the shiny new thing, but once the shine wears off and each style has equal familiarity, I suspect popularity will be in the houseboats and trads, then vics, and then campers because of the smaller size (you may get 512m to use on mainland - but nobody with any sense wants to be on that blighted mess unless they have one of a small number of super rare locations).

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

A lot of people take a long time to decorate, if ever. My houseboat sim has some plots that remained empty from the very day the sim went live in early October - claimed on that day and never filled. In one of them I see a green dot often; the owner just doesn't care to rez anything> I believe the land impact was also still at 0, as in no skybox.

The other day my alt caught a traditional on a sim that opened in April - some of the neighbors that have been there since April had empty homes...

Hi there! Yes, that's what I thought, but I checked and the names of the houses were all 'Linden Home', belonging to the LL group. This morning (western Europe time) were all taken though

It was funny to me, because I kept seeing these houses, when the alt I created couldn't see the Vic option in the land page. Who knowws, it might have even been a bug

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 1

Just saw Victorians again on the LP. I guess abandoneds maybe even nice ones, but I personally decided to give up hunting for them and start hunting for houseboats. Like all hardcore players of the Game of Homes I have some excellent property amongst my several alts and am extremely picky. And after having seen (C&A) some 50 Victorians (of whom I intend to keep two seashore lots for some days/weeks/months?) plus one (really nice) houseboat on the southern Squishy Pickle clone I decided one thing: for my personal taste I like the northern part of Bellisseria a big lot more than the southern new part!!

North Belli is unique "handmade" and resembles a REAL continent where you can move around on foot, byke, horse or in a car and discover regions. Some you might like more, some you like less, some have seashore and sand, others lakes, bridges, rivers and waterfalls, others mountains, mud and campers, but each of them is a unique personality. I personally prefer this and even if the Victorians have lots of nice flowers in front and the possibility to colour each room seperately, when the moment comes (next April) to cut down my seven premium accounts to one (... or two? ... or three??) they will have to go.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I got a boat on that Little island with four boats ... cobbs marina? I thought that might be desirable to me but it was a square parcel which I struggle with and yes, nice view but not for me so that went back.

Trads I've seen today include Mercy Hill which still had it's red text  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I got a boat on that Little island with four boats ... cobbs marina? I thought that might be desirable to me but it was a square parcel which I struggle with and yes, nice view but not for me so that went back.

Cobbs Marina is a fantastic location !! After several tries I got a Houseboat in Sirens Rock, which  is a region with only 5 Houseboats and no lag. I love the open sea and the nearby  small island with the lighthouse and a rez zone... ( with only 3 prims left, I have no chance with rezzing a primmy boat for sailing)

Cobbs Marina is the nicest area with houseboats that I have seen so far !! Congrats !

Sirens Rock 1_001.png

Sirens Rock 2_001.png

Sirens Rock 3_001.png

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

So, since no Victorians were showing up, and I knew I only had one or 2 tries left on one of my alts today I used them on a couple of traditional homes to see what came up. It brought me to the newly released regions. I was not impressed at all. Is it just me? Something odd about them that I can't place my finger on. The two I saw seemed kind of unfinished in a way. Too wide open, houses oddly placed, not enough landscaping privacy between houses. Needless to say neither house was a keeper. 

I think we have now been spoiled by the landscaping, etc. of the Victorian regions.  I gave up a beautiful spot on the lake in Sario last week to get a victorian.  That parcel is still Linden owned. :(

Edited by Laurelrose Anthony
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

I am waiting for South Haven and the one next to it, which is not ready yet.. they are both green with great sea view :)

The problem is with so many trads available you have no idea if you will get something in one of those two regions when they are released..... you are just as likely to get something on the other side of the map.....

Edited by AveryWitt
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.