When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It was pointed out that mixing the newly abandoned homes right in FRONT of the queue is good for people who abandoned by mistake. Though that does happen I think it is the RARE exception. It is a good thing though if you try to pass your very good home to a friend because you found a better one - or from your alt to your main. That was quite risky allready in the old days but now it's still riskier!

I would MUCH prefer if they put them at the end of the queue ... though that would result in all the good ones been taken and only homes left that nobody wants ... so they cannot do that.

A good fair and sensible compromise would be if the land page just gave you a RANDOM home out of all available!

@Patch Linden ... how about that???... how are the homes chosen you get?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Caught a house in The Mews. Most of the homes around are unclaimed. The other claimed I spotted was also from today.

Hahaha! I decided to play Game of Homes this morning for kicks and on my fourth hit that's exactly where I ended up - like literally and hour ago! I wonder if I am the other resident there that you mention? I have the single-story version (I forget the name) and I change it to Gray with a red door. And I'm keeping it because the front hedges are lean, there's room to make a driveway!

I just looked, I'm at The Mews, 24, 228 :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Hahaha! I decided to play Game of Homes this morning for kicks and on my fourth hit that's exactly where I ended up - like literally and hour ago! I wonder if I am the other resident there that you mention? I have the single-story version (I forget the name) and I change it to Gray with a red door. And I'm keeping it because the front hedges are lean, there's room to make a driveway!

I just looked, I'm at The Mews, 24, 228 :)

LOL I think it was you!

atm I am at 123, 24

5 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

LOL I think it was you!

atm I am at 123, 24

Well, hello, neighbor! I'm gonna put out my car and horse rezzers eventually, so you're welcome to give them a go when they appear. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

Soon it'll be down to people abandoning the same houses over and over as they search, and the pool of availability shrinks.

I am seeing this now with Victorians and Traditionals - same parcels coming up. Boats have been new regions /old regions a bit more varied and not the same parcels twice. So far ....

I think everyone here has their own theory, or hypothesis, about the way of how Linden delivers the homes, but the truth is that only they will know exactly the process.

In my previous experience to get my current home at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/176/136/32, I draw the conclusion that it is a random and quite chaotic process,there is no special situation, place or time to get good or bad homes.

Although I have seen dozens of new homes not yet delivered, you receive them anywhere. I guess that their system will handle a combination of newly created homes with other abandoned, so you can really get any of them, even if you have only one account or ten alts.  Although obviously the odds of getting a "Good home" increases  playing with more alts.

Therefore I don't think there are strategies or tricks, it's simply a matter of luck.  I've abandoned between 10 and 15 homes, all nice but inlands with no views, before get mine of Neville.

Edited by Dora Paule
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I am seeing this now with Victorians and Traditionals - same parcels coming up. Boats have been new regions /old regions a bit more varied and not the same parcels twice. So far ....

It does not matter so much for me, because eventually residents that has not bothered to go to the Land page for months, will get a house and stay there.

It would be nice if we could see where we got a home, and reject it on screen before confirming "Yes, I want that". That would be encouraging more Game of Homes, and I don't think LL want that. It would be perfect for us who has lived in Bellisseria since April, and are looking for a "special" place to stay a few days before we go out hunting again. But then again, it is not behavior LL really likes. I don't think the process of abandoning homes was meant to happen this fast.

I used it myself, but now I am going to stay put, at least to January... hehe.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The Piarra Waters region, in the lower 9-region "clump", is being released now.  I think the houseboats may be all gone at this moment, and a few of the trads have been claimed.

I got a Piarra Waters boat quite a few hours ago .... I really am confused by the land page atm!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It does not matter so much for me, because eventually residents that has not bothered to go to the Land page for months, will get a house and stay there.

It would be nice if we could see where we got a home, and reject it on screen before confirming "Yes, I want that". That would be encouraging more Game of Homes, and I don't think LL want that. It would be perfect for us who has lived in Bellisseria since April, and are looking for a "special" place to stay a few days before we go out hunting again. But then again, it is not behavior LL really likes. I don't think the process of abandoning homes was meant to happen this fast.

I used it myself, but now I am going to stay put, at least to January... hehe.

I am glad to be out of GOH to find a parcel but I am still curious and find myself picking it up every couple of hours and having a go to see what is coming up...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I am glad to be out of GOH to find a parcel but I am still curious and find myself picking it up every couple of hours and having a go to see what is coming up...

Me too but I am getting more and more tired of it. You have to stand for hours next to a parcel you abandoned to make sure it is taken before applying for a new one and like in the old days the moment you made some tea the release would have taken place and you had missed it so now the moment you leave the room someone takes it ... and abandoned it again before you noticed! So you missed you chance and the waiting continues. Is that worthwhile?

By now I've had abot 50 parcels, two good ones directly backing seashore which I keep and cannot decide which I like better ... then two rather good ones next to some water which I abandoned when I got the sea- ones ... and all the rest is more or less the same and SO much less desirable then the seashore- ones that I tend to give up hunting alltogether. I have a feeling by now all the goldnuggets have been washed out and are in someones permanent keeping and you just stir and stir the empty sand! :(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Me too but I am getting more and more tired of it. You have to stand for hours next to a parcel you abandoned to make sure it is taken before applying for a new one and like in the old days the moment you made some tea the release would have taken place and you had missed it so now the moment you leave the room someone takes it ... and abandoned it again before you noticed! So you missed you chance and the waiting continues. Is that worthwhile?

By now I've had abot 50 parcels, two good ones directly backing seashore which I keep and cannot decide which I like better ... then two rather good ones next to some water which I abandoned when I got the sea- ones ... and all the rest is more or less the same and SO much less desirable then the seashore- ones that I tend to give up hunting alltogether. I have a feeling by now all the goldnuggets have been washed out and are in someones permanent keeping and you just stir and stir the empty sand! :(

Same here. I have a handful of very nice properties, none of which are seashore but do have other positive attributes worthy of holding onto. I still have a couple of alts which I'm playing Game of Homes with and can afford to be extremely picky now with them. I go, and within second toss back a property because it's easy to assess what I want after a week of doing this. Do not want a house in the middle of two other houses. Prefer a secluded spot. Dislike houses with driveways. A water view is important to me from *somewhere*  - I can live with it not being up close and personal at this point.  However, ponds I've decided don't do it for me no matter how large they are. I had one house which had a very nice location and view over a rather large pond area but IDK, left me feeling flat after analyzing it. I think it was because the neighborhood felt too dense.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

First time I haven't seen the Victorian option on the land page in a long time.  

It comes and goes.

i make my round of take and abandon ( till i find a toplocation) all week now .. had one night with 3 times the same house, but other times nearly always different regions ..and choice out all 4 Belli types
i might stop abandoning now..  not my dream location, but a nice mole hill  :)  some steps from the street and home and little overviewing the surrounding.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.