Camping Tonight? New Homes Preview Comments and Photos

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Keelin Lexington said:

Oh cool! Would be nice if they leave a spot open for people who want to visit and want to put up at tent 😁

That's very likely not going to happen.  See the discussions in the other threads about LI issues and rez zones.  

However, there are tents that you can 'attach' and thus "camp" wherever you can find room.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's very likely not going to happen.  See the discussions in the other threads about LI issues and rez zones.  

However, there are tents that you can 'attach' and thus "camp" wherever you can find room.

Was thinking of exactly this! 

Yes it is the cabin that was the gift for Christmas. Also something  i found very interesting ,,,, when you look at the video and the liscence plate of the car ,,,,,,it says AXTELl-2018    and the sign about wishing you were 20 when you are 16 and wishing you were 16 when you are 20 ,,,,, i think hidden clues ,,,,, the birthday video is full of them ,,,,,  so i wonder when the campers will be available  and more homes ,,,,,, also  are there only 4 gifts this year or they change them daily ?

Just visited the new area. At first it was pretty laggy, but as I got further from the crowd near the entrance it rezzed nicely.

Now, as a survivor of many family camping trips I would like to suggest a few additions that the Moles might want to add to the campgrounds to lend verisimilitude:

- Showers and sanitary facilities. It was luxurious camping when there were facilities with hot water and other amenities. Maybe just one per region, with the paths leading to them covered with gravel that crunches when you walk on it (especially in the middle of the night).

-If there is going to be fishing there needs to be a place to clean fish.

-I saw there were electrical outlets, but don't remember seeing any water faucets. Maybe a few old-fashioned hand pumps?

-I've visited the campfire sites near SL Tahoe that have marshmellow roasting options, so I know the Moles have got that, but what about smoke? There needs to be a way to have campfire smoke that goes past the parcel edges and annoys your neighbors.

-Wildlife: bears, skunks, and raccoons that root in the garbage (oh, I didn't see any garbage cans or waste water outlets), scrub jays and squirrels that grab things off the picnic tables, mosquitos that buzz in your ear, deer.... (Maybe 'campground pests' could be a part for role-players?). 

-Some different terrain options like redwood forest, high desert, beach sanddunes?

-Darkness. I noticed that there were small lights near the side of the road, and I didn't think to change my viewer to nighttime to see how much light they cast. Don't forget that part of the joy of camping for some people is lying on your back at night and looking up at the stars. 

I realize that the realities of camping are a lot different than the 'romance of camping', but I wanted to put all my quibbles in one basket before actual residents started complaining.

On the plus side, I think the camping area is MAGNIFICENT! Any time we could have scored any one of those sites when we were camping we would have considered ourselves very lucky indeed. They aren't crowded together, and each site is different. The landscaping is wonderful. I especially liked the little touches like the coffeepots. The camping units themselves are very nicely constructed, with attention to detail. I'm not tempted to trade in my current place, but when everyone who wants one has a Bellisserian home, one of 'us' might move there. We already have a pink flamingo...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

If anyone can't get there yet here's a quick ride through of the preview area where you can see all the cabins:

Thank you for this wonderful tour!  I now see the pull to own more than 1 home, lol.  I lived most of my childhood on a mountain, with a lake at the foot, we'd go down to in the summer.  Living at the ocean has been my dream, but also living in the mountains, looking down at the valley.  In SL I could have both 🥳...512 houseboat & 512 RV.

• Like 3

These would be nice for a family camping trip. I know  there are a lot of haters out there, but I'll say it any ways. They are great for people whom have multiple premium accounts as an additional place, I can't see myself living in one full time. But I will think about keeping one if I i get one in the next roll.

Huni row boat_012.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, November Velde said:

I really, REALLY hope those on 1024's with traditional homes will be able to choose one of these. Love my plot but the house is too big!  A small gypsy caravan would be perfect!

Well you can certainly give back your traditional and then try for a trailer spot.  There is no way to "switch" and I doubt that there will ever be. Way to complex. So your best bet would be to reroll.    The trailers will pretty obviously NOT be added to the traditional's mailboxes (I seriously doubt any other buildings will be added ever).  

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Lots when I was perusing were 512s, seemingly in part for the folks wanting to move over from the old Linden Homes and still keep a 512 mainland parcel. 

So this is what Patch actually meant when he hinted not all were 1024s? So much for superduper prremium homsies...

9 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I will pass on these.

Ditto.  I personally hated camping as a kid.  I tried it a few times as an adult, in a pop-up camper, with husband and kids, and I still hated it.  Two, maybe three trips, and I told hubby to sell that darn camper.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

So this is what Patch actually meant when he hinted not all were 1024s? So much for superduper prremium homsies...

I vaguely recall a hint that there might be some larger also - down the road sometime.  Maybe....  I'll have to go dig through bookmarked posts and such.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I vaguely recall a hint that there might be some larger also - down the road sometime.  Maybe....  I'll have to go dig through bookmarked posts and such.

i think he just said something along "who said they all will be 1024s?" but i don't know what he might have said elsewhere...

Now those small boating sheds they scattered everywhere in 512s would be a design people might actually grabbed - not so sure about the trailers...

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.