Camping Tonight? New Homes Preview Comments and Photos

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hoping to keep this to one a few threads but knowing that won't happen ----- post your photos and comments about the soonish (TM) to be released  abodes now viewable at SL16B.  

Four styles, two 50's retro, one modern gypsy wagon and my over the top favorite, a "Tiny Home" (a brand of tiny handmade houses on wheels in the US).  I could live in a tiny home in real life. So very cute and good for the environment too. 

1409764888_tinyhomeSL16B.thumb.jpg.37f19dd0689423c9a19b3b9e3ee9bffe.jpg

This shot taken before the landscape and community areas were finished.  Another exterior texture is sort of old metal (but not quite grunge).  It is small but beautifully modeled and textured. Perfect for bachelors and bachelorettes always on the go. A home base in a lovely park-like setting. Lots when I was perusing were 512s, seemingly in part for the folks wanting to move over from the old Linden Homes and still keep a 512 mainland parcel. 

I think that the log cabin (only one at the entrance when this region began to bloom) and accompanying styles would make great segue-buffer buildings between the traditionals and the campgrounds.  With several styles of cabins and various woods, there would be enough difference --- and they are roomier than the trailers == or seemed to be from a distance anyway. 

Happy exploring!!!

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

1567123461_newhomethemeSKL16B2_001.thumb.png.9e4ddbdd42f6b870caa603b2cffc2eb2.png

2077532387_newhomethemeSKL16B4_001.thumb.png.6d5de2ce6ee4e7c054b948e236fb86ef.png

The preview is beautifully done! I think it's quite a novel idea. Not personally my cup of tea, just too small inside, but a fun idea for those who like them:)

Can't wait to see them in person, when I get home from work this afternoon......I love, love, love trailers in RL, but I have a feeling they will be too small inside in SL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I think that the log cabin (only one at the entrance when this region began to bloom)

I could be wrong, but that log cabin at the entrance looked like the cabin that was a gift last winter - I don't remember if it was a premium gift or if it was one of the winter swaginator gifts.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yay, I knew it! Too small for me, but they are cute!

They are small, but a little bigger than the caravan wagon my alt generally lives in when she has a mainland home.  When she's in the old linden homes she sticks with the Shire house in the Elderglen theme.  This new camper theme will be a good fit for her.  I think a 512 sqm parcel would work for her, as she wouldn't need to do as much landscaping around the caravan as she has to do on mainland.  She has a set of low LI furnishings that she always uses in her existing caravan, so they should work well with a couple of the camper themes. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

They are small, but a little bigger than the caravan wagon my alt generally lives in when she has a mainland home.  When she's in the old linden homes she sticks with the Shire house in the Elderglen theme.  This new camper theme will be a good fit for her.  I think a 512 sqm parcel would work for her, as she wouldn't need to do as much landscaping around the caravan as she has to do on mainland.  She has a set of low LI furnishings that she always uses in her existing caravan, so they should work well with a couple of the camper themes. 

Meanwhile, I run out of prims in my (double prim) Bay City home. lol

• Haha 1

OMG ,,,, SOOO LAGGY ,,,,,,,  when i landed at the birthday welcome point   looked like wow ,,,,, clothing not attaching to  avis   andtrying to even move    and swaginator hud not showing gift collected until you tp out of the sims ,,,,,,anyway ,,,,,, was hoping the new homes were going to  be something like  shore cottages   ,,,,,, the rv thing ,,,, not so impressed,,,,,,,  to small,,,,  are there any other  new homes besides the houseboats  the traditional and now the campers  rv ,,,,, had to tp out  too laggy 

18 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I could be wrong, but that log cabin at the entrance looked like the cabin that was a gift last winter - I don't remember if it was a premium gift or if it was one of the winter swaginator gifts.

Certainly could be.  The region was never actually OPEN so camming was the rule of the day and not all things could be inspected. I don't remember if I even tried. Still the IDEA of some cabins of some sort would be a good one LOL.   

EDIT: Went to check. Date on the cabin is Nov 2018 -- it is said to be "community center" but guessing you are correct about its origins. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

OMG yes! Started off not too badly but then it got to the point I couldn't move around properly, even in regions with less people.

It was offline for a bit and after returning the FPS rate (for me) was 25 with lots of folks there. Patch is there is you want to chat.   The Hop and Shop regions had issues with too many people also. They are working on all that. 

image.thumb.png.d534c5aceb86bdfe597ecd16d0bdbd9e.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4

omg, the landscaping is gorgeous!  It is going to take a lot of willpower from buying another 512sqm to hold off from getting one of these, I love camping!   Why do you do this to me moles?!?  I may not get one of these homes, because I am already at my max for land holdings, but I imagine I will be doing a lot of bicycling through the neighborhoods.. and this is going to be awesome for horse riders :)😍

Snapshot_944.thumb.png.23dda7ed4921bf4b23944df448202d41.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hoping to keep this to one a few threads but knowing that won't happen ----- post your photos and comments about the soonish (TM) to be released  abodes now viewable at SL16B.  

Four styles, two 50's retro, one modern gypsy wagon and my over the top favorite, at "Tiny Home" (a brand of tiny handmade houses on wheels in the US).  I could live in a tiny home in real life. 

Thanks for posting this, Chic. I’m such a fan of tiny houses in RL. I’ve always picked smaller abodes in SL. This is exciting! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.