Jump to content
Chic Aeon

Camping Tonight? New Homes Preview Comments and Photos

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

i think he just said something along "who said they all will be 1024s?" but i don't know what he might have said elsewhere...

Now those small boating sheds they scattered everywhere in 512s would be a design people might actually grabbed - not so sure about the trailers...

Here's the reference I remember:

image.thumb.png.511bf1842475a13931f1f02b17b57c65.png

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

So this is what Patch actually meant when he hinted not all were 1024s? So much for superduper prremium homsies...

Well many of us have "known" that there would be 512 for like since SSP showed up on the map sure that there are mentions there; some mine. Too many official comments  (mostly Ebbe and Patch) about people wanting different sizes with different needs. When you factor in the info that a fair amount of folks in the old Linden homes have mainland lots as part of their free tier --- it was pretty much a no brainer that 512s would be offered.

 

That doesn't mean that there won't be larger lots in the future although I am going with "slightly substantiated rumor number 2" in the Homestead vein. This after reports and comments from techie people (not official but seemed to make logical sense to me).  

Super Premium isn't happening for several months (who knows what number that term actually signifies) so really no point in thinking too much about what it might mean right NOW.  :D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

That was a premium gift this past winter.

Does anyone know if it's possible to still claim the gift? I'm so bad about grabbing those :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well many of us have "known" that there would be 512 for like since SSP showed up on the map sure that there are mentions there; some mine. Too many official comments  (mostly Ebbe and Patch) about people wanting different sizes with different needs. When you factor in the info that a fair amount of folks in the old Linden homes have mainland lots as part of their free tier --- it was pretty much a no brainer that 512s would be offered.

 

That doesn't mean that there won't be larger lots in the future although I am going with "slightly substantiated rumor number 2" in the Homestead vein. This after reports and comments from techie people (not official but seemed to make logical sense to me).  

Super Premium isn't happening for several months (who knows what number that term actually signifies) so really no point in thinking too much about what it might mean right NOW.  :D

 

In that interview video, the interviewer asked Patch if a person could acquire more sq meters for a larger lot down the road. He said yes, that was possible and also hinted that some lots will be larger in the future.  If you think about it, if a premium member had a small family and wanted a slightly larger home for 2 kids, then a larger home on a bigger lot might be something offered.  They'd probably have to pay an increase in their premium account for this.  Just another sleuthing guess, could be wrong. 😁

Edited by PrudenceAnton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see this trailer posted in this list, so thought I'd add it in. The trailers are so cute. A bit small for myself but I'm sure we'll see some very creative decorating when these become available on Bellisseria.

 

Trailer pic 1.png

Trailer pic 2.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trixie Lanley said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to still claim the gift? I'm so bad about grabbing those :(

It was part of the Winter Swaginator hunt, so you can't get it anymore.  Given the LI of it -- LI of 100 for 18 objects/prims -- not sure you really want it anyway.  If you want the snow on the roof, add another 34 LI for 3 objects.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I always assumed any of the new homes would be 1024 because that is what we're now paying for with premium. Even if it's a smaller house, it would be nice to have the land/prim use the same for folks who are more outdoorsy decorators than indoors. Like, I live on my back porch. If I had a smaller home I'd still appreciate having the same LI usage to use to do the outdoor decor. I can see though, maybe it's because these are smaller they feel they should only be smaller plots? having 1 512 in premium land and 1 512 in mainland wouldn't really work for me, that isn't out growing the premium land that's just splitting it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

In that interview video, the interviewer asked Patch if a person could acquire more sq meters for a larger lot down the road. He said yes, that was possible and also hinted that some lots will be larger in the future.  If you think about it, if a premium member had a small family and wanted a slightly larger home for 2 kids, then a larger home on a bigger lot might be something offered.  They'd probably have to pay an increase in their premium account for this.  Just another sleuthing guess, could be wrong. 😁

Did you tell us which interview that was?  I can't seem to find it here but might just be I am tired.  I don't really doubt that he said that but if it was a long time ago (like more than a year when this project started) things may have changed. Recently (magazine article) Patch seemed to say that if folks wanted more they would need to move. That isn't in regard to the "Super Duper Premium" that is coming (maybe the beginning of next year?P). So it could be that the new premium would have an option like that for some kind. Meanwhile this is his comment from the recent interview (last month I think May 29th is the date on my screenshot but was a bit before that). 

 

I guess my point is that even if he said that there could be bigger lots, things may have changed (as they OFTEN do) with the roadmap. 

 

2068850829_patchlindeninterviewunderlined.png.fc47d3f09b66b7e4b174174e655a7654.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trixie Lanley said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to still claim the gift? I'm so bad about grabbing those :(

They still had a cabin at the premium sandboxes as a gift when I popped by a couple of days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, November Velde said:

I really, REALLY hope those on 1024's with traditional homes will be able to choose one of these. Love my plot but the house is too big!  A small gypsy caravan would be perfect!

I think you'd have to abandon your current and try for one when they are available, like any time you change Linden Home type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Did you tell us which interview that was? 

Prudence posted the video in the thread that I linked above, with Patch's comments about the parcel sizes:

 

 

One other thing I noted in that video that I know many were hoping for but I don't think we've heard anything 'official' about:  At roughly 11:15 in Patch makes a comment about the roads on the new continent: 
We laid this part of the project out to give you a lot of open driving space and we also hope to join that up with other areas of the adjacent mainland continents when we can kind of get the continent itself to spread out a little bit more.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cabin at the front I asked Patch about it, he said it was just for decor as it was in theme as the pass through from the exhibits to the campground area. 

I did a post here and lol I saw the Taylor Swift video just a few hours after I saw the sneak peak and laughed my head off. I cannot wait to have fun in these areas 

https://sasyscarborough.com/2019/06/20/sl16b-gifts-linden-homes-exhibits/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Prudence posted the video in the thread that I linked above, with Patch's comments about the parcel sizes:

 

 

One other thing I noted in that video that I know many were hoping for but I don't think we've heard anything 'official' about:  At roughly 11:15 in Patch makes a comment about the roads on the new continent: 
We laid this part of the project out to give you a lot of open driving space and we also hope to join that up with other areas of the adjacent mainland continents when we can kind of get the continent itself to spread out a little bit more.

 

Thanks. I was confused with links within links. Good video although I didn't learn much. That was the CLEAREST that I had seen any official "there will be 512" statements.   I guess I am still not convinced that there will be something like 2048 on Belliseria (perhaps certainly on another continent).  The date on the video was April 15th just for historical purposes. 

 

Patch did say on the SSP continent (and there were double wide sailing lanes at one point and in the archives somewhere) that there were plans to connect things up. This could have also been on the "Connect the Continents" thread; I don't remember.  I think that is a ways in the future though. Much to do. And of course there wouldn't be a whole lot of point to ROADS to the neighboring continents if the road systems were faulty on the mainland *wink* (they certainly were in MY part of the mainland).  

 

Poco a poco.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hoping to keep this to one a few threads but knowing that won't happen ----- post your photos and comments about the soonish (TM) to be released  abodes now viewable at SL16B.  

Four styles, two 50's retro, one modern gypsy wagon and my over the top favorite, a "Tiny Home" (a brand of tiny handmade houses on wheels in the US).  I could live in a tiny home in real life. So very cute and good for the environment too. 

 

1409764888_tinyhomeSL16B.thumb.jpg.37f19dd0689423c9a19b3b9e3ee9bffe.jpg

 

^^ I don't particularly see myself as trailer trash, LOL, but that is something I could live in! :) Would be an excellent exercise in managing small spaces. (Can't wait to see what happens when Blush gets her hands on one of these! She worked miracles with the Evening Star addon too)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Did you tell us which interview that was?  I can't seem to find it here but might just be I am tired.  I don't really doubt that he said that but if it was a long time ago (like more than a year when this project started) things may have changed. Recently (magazine article) Patch seemed to say that if folks wanted more they would need to move. That isn't in regard to the "Super Duper Premium" that is coming (maybe the beginning of next year?P). So it could be that the new premium would have an option like that for some kind. Meanwhile this is his comment from the recent interview (last month I think May 29th is the date on my screenshot but was a bit before that). 

 

I guess my point is that even if he said that there could be bigger lots, things may have changed (as they OFTEN do) with the roadmap. 

 

2068850829_patchlindeninterviewunderlined.png.fc47d3f09b66b7e4b174174e655a7654.png

This is the video. My post was under 'Teasers or no teasers in SL 16 video'. (This video interview took place about 2 months ago, right around the time of the new Linden Homes release.)
 

 

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

This is the video. My post was under 'Teasers or no teasers in SL 16 video'. (This video interview took place about 2 months ago, right around the time of the new Linden Homes release.)

Thanks. LittleMe posted and I watched. Just confused.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really difficult to get an idea of scale -- especially when you are camming. So I made a chair into a "sit anywhere chair" and headed over to take a photo. Oddly the really pretty woodgrain model that I posted isn't out on display, just two of the metal versions. I really LIKE that woodgrain one. Maybe it wasn't 50s enough for the theme. I would hate to see it disappear. 

 

Anyway here is a shot with an idea of size. Not really as small as it looks.  I changed my camera angles last month and it works great. Not sure how well it works with the default settings though. 

1960646756_trailersitting.thumb.jpg.4012de9b5e8d44fe63b9792b74ea41ed.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

It is really difficult to get an idea of scale -- especially when you are camming. So I made a chair into a "sit anywhere chair" and headed over to take a photo. Oddly the really pretty woodgrain model that I posted isn't out on display, just two of the metal versions. I really LIKE that woodgrain one. Maybe it wasn't 50s enough for the theme. I would hate to see it disappear. 

 

Anyway here is a shot with an idea of size. Not really as small as it looks.  I changed my camera angles last month and it works great. Not sure how well it works with the default settings though. 

1960646756_trailersitting.thumb.jpg.4012de9b5e8d44fe63b9792b74ea41ed.jpg

That style made me think of a futuristic camper like one some guy that owns some sort of software company would have as their camping vehicle with everything computerised etc it does look very different in the wood though and is much roomier than the others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving the feel of the landscaping around the trailers, especially the dirt tracks. I was hoping for some forest trails in Belli and this gives me hope for that! 
With the smaller plot sizes the surroundings will be really important.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The landscape is really beautiful. The trailers, is nothing for me. I want more LI, not less. I think LL is kind to make 512 offers for those who want to donate tier to group, as some pointed out. They can have both a new LH and donate.

And the landscape will be perfect to walk, ride or bike through for all. So I am not disappointed over the release of 512 homes at all. I don't want one of the trailers, so I can relax with what I have (for now).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sean Azambuja said:

the landscaping is what?  I mean compared to the current land, i guess.  But these silly trailers and the landscaping look a bit 2009 to me lol.  Are those things even mesh?  O.o

landscaping a 512=http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Honah Lee Shoal/188/85/22

 

Luckily, you are not required to live in Bellisseria. You may continue trolling the Blake Sea instead. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Is it for sure the trailers will be on 512 plots or is everybody just guessing and hoping?

There has been no official announcement. And currently the display area is not even divided. But I would imagine that a lot will be revealed on Monday when Patch does his appearance at Meet the Lindens.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...