Jump to content
Chic Aeon

Camping Tonight? New Homes Preview Comments and Photos

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

There has been no official announcement. And currently the display area is not even divided. But I would imagine that a lot will be revealed on Monday when Patch does his appearance at Meet the Lindens.

 

Oh, I really hope they're 350 prim. Otherwise I just lost interest. *Keeps fingers crossed*.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Is it for sure the trailers will be on 512 plots or is everybody just guessing and hoping?

We know that there will be 512 sqm parcel sizes and given the size of the trailers themselves, it is logical that these will be 512 sqm parcels.  As Blush mentioned though, I imagine it will be stated one way or the other on Monday during the meeting with Patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

Oh, I really hope they're 350 prim. Otherwise I just lost interest. *Keeps fingers crossed*.

I will be seriously surprised if they turn out to be 1024s honestly. But we really need to wait until Monday to get any official announcement.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I will be seriously surprised if they turn out to be 1024s honestly. But we really need to wait until Monday to get any official announcement.

 

Guess I should have camped along with everyone else. :) I don't see myself giving up my 350 prim plot for a 175 again, though. But as these homes are meant to replace/be modern versions of the old ones, I suppose it makes sense to offer newer 175 LI homes too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many premium members who used that extra 512 and now feel locked out of the new homes unless they give up that land they bought. So having 512s in the new area I think is a MUST. I have a good friend in that position right now. He bought a small parcel for a store and now feels as though he has no choice but to stay in the older homes. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

There are many premium members who used that extra 512 and now feel locked out of the new homes unless they give up that land they bought. So having 512s in the new area I think is a MUST. I have a good friend in that position right now. He bought a small parcel for a store and now feels as though he has no choice but to stay in the older homes. 

^^ This.  Because of this, LL pretty much has to create some 512 parcels for folks and the small size of the trailers is absolutely perfect for a small land plot.

If the plots are indeed all 512 sqm right now, it is always possible that folks could convince LL to put some of those tiny campers on some 1024 plots in the future.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying hard to figure out what all the discussion was about the size of the camping lots. Then I went over to look at the SL16B sight to find that the LOTS have disappeared. I can definitely confirm that during the building stage they were 512 lots (I did check and lot lines were visible then) with plenty  of  open forest buffer in most cases. I don't know why all the lots disappeared except perhaps as a way to gauge traffic (and interest). 

 

image.thumb.png.e47d8b8d2ec9b8d94ec9ee2029ab721b.png

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a pile of prims to use as much as anyone, but I have to say that having just visited the display in person, it would be easy to nicely decorate one of these little campers with only 175 LI to work with. After all, there is only one room to decorate!

Having said that, I don't think that I really want one of them. They are adorable (especially the one with the metal ramp), but I like having more room to walk around in. They will be perfect for those who want little holiday spots or, as noted above, to use only 512 of their land allowance. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I don't know why all the lots disappeared except perhaps as a way to gauge traffic (and interest). 

It also makes it easier to manage things.  I noticed while I was there that they are using TP routing to force all TPs to the entrance area.  They couldn't do that if the trailers were all on individual parcels.  Or maybe with Estate tools they could - I've no clue on that.  There may be other management type things that are just easier if it is all one parcel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I was trying hard to figure out what all the discussion was about the size of the camping lots. Then I went over to look at the SL16B sight to find that the LOTS have disappeared. I can definitely confirm that during the building stage they were 512 lots (I did check and lot lines were visible then) with plenty  of  open forest buffer in most cases. I don't know why all the lots disappeared except perhaps as a way to gauge traffic (and interest). 

 

 

I specifically asked Patch about parcel size, among other things, and his response was Monday. So I was honoring his response with my comments. :)

I don't think the parcel boundaries went missing due to trying to monitor traffic as they were very evident in the first preview. I really think there's more up their sleeves and they want to keep us guessing. :D 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sean Azambuja said:

the landscaping is what?  I mean compared to the current land, i guess.  But these silly trailers and the landscaping look a bit 2009 to me lol.  Are those things even mesh?  O.o

landscaping a 512=http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Honah Lee Shoal/188/85/22

Jesus, I need to be a mole...  

 

Interesting. Because that lot:

1) Isn't a 512 square meter lot

and

2) Has a region bonus of 4.0

 

I wouldn't wait around to hear about your Mole application if I were you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

I wouldn't wait around to hear about your Mole application if I were you.

What a pity, because I think "Trolly Mole" would be a fine mole name.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

There are many premium members who used that extra 512 and now feel locked out of the new homes unless they give up that land they bought. So having 512s in the new area I think is a MUST. I have a good friend in that position right now. He bought a small parcel for a store and now feels as though he has no choice but to stay in the older homes. 

That makes sense. I hope they do some of each with the 512 and 1024 and maybe some smaller homes similar to the ones already released. And of course cabins and I'm still holding out for those cardboard boxes (tongue in cheek joke) that Patch said they were working on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

The trailers remind me of the ones in “Calm Down”.

 

I've not been talking about building a big fabulous gay trailer park for nothing! 

I've already got my pink faux fur coat and cosmo ready to go!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I like a pile of prims to use as much as anyone, but I have to say that having just visited the display in person, it would be easy to nicely decorate one of these little campers with only 175 LI to work with. After all, there is only one room to decorate!

Having said that, I don't think that I really want one of them. They are adorable (especially the one with the metal ramp), but I like having more room to walk around in. They will be perfect for those who want little holiday spots or, as noted above, to use only 512 of their land allowance. 

I totally agree.....I need more room to walk around in...in SL.....in RL - I would love to live in a Tiny House or Trailer.....but in SL - it is hard to move my camera around in a small space.....I am not that savy with camera settings....perhaps it is possible.....but I have no clue how to do it any differently.

It will be nice if the campgrounds are near our current homes.....a wonderful place to go walking, bike riding or horse riding around.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loves the trailers, but I not that impressed if they gonna be less prim allowances. Still, I had no luck getting any premium home on bellisseria yet...so if it mean getting half of what everyone else getting, well, it still better than nothin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

I totally agree.....I need more room to walk around in...in SL.....in RL - I would love to live in a Tiny House or Trailer.....but in SL - it is hard to move my camera around in a small space.....I am not that savy with camera settings....perhaps it is possible.....but I have no clue how to do it any differently.

 

cameraoffsetrear.thumb.png.e3dfa46a71739dd077ee29b6cb3d22dd.png

There are a fair number of tutorials on setting you camera settings.  Once you do the small trailers aren't near as "small" :D  I only changed my rear view as that is how I normally watch myself if I am not working or taking photos. You can revert back to the default easily.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reset my camera settings years ago using the instructions from @Pamela Galli's site, and they work great. Still, the trailers are claustrophobic. Camera angle is not the problem; they are just too small for me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I reset my camera settings years ago using the instructions from @Pamela Galli's site, and they work great. Still, the trailers are claustrophobic. Camera angle is not the problem; they are just too small for me.

They are small, I think the yard will be the focus of most of these parcels, with skyboxes above providing  better living quarters.  If I were to have one, I would do the bare minimum in the trailer itself, focus a bit on the yard, and then have a very low prim skybox, with furniture setup for myself and company.   I would definitely spend most of my time in the yard though, and riding the trails waving to people as I passed them by :)

 

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether or not the trailers are a must have for folks, it seems like almost everyone loves the landscaping -- and I heartily agree. I especially like the water tower.

Here it is against the sunset sky at the end of Day Two SL16B.

 

973669881_sunsetwatertower.thumb.jpg.a77e7913ecb5e281f03909ddceac1d92.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a fun stroll through the camp again.  I took a video of it this time :)

 

It is a bit of a walk, but you can get a demo horse to travel sl16b in, I grabbed one while exploring and had to hit the trails.  It was really fun 😁   Grab one, take a few pictures, and share them here :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL16B Captivate/70/143/23

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...