Camping Tonight? New Homes Preview Comments and Photos

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The original post stated 4 styles, which is what we all expected based on the Traditional Houses and Houseboats.  Yet, apparently Patch has said that there will be 8 styles and they are all on display at SL16B.   Did we see pictures of all 8 styles here?  

I'll have to pop back over to the Preview area.  When I went through the first time, once I saw 4 different styles and went inside, I pretty much stopped looking at the trailers and just focused on the landscaping and the people.

22 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Today (June 24) new trailer type has appeared in SL16B. It's called "tinyhouse v1.2 wip".

2019-06-24_new-trailer.thumb.jpg.b5a54063a4391305473cceaddd085a42.jpg

It seems likely that this was in the works -- but maybe not as I can make things pretty fast when needed LOL. I would LIKE to think that TPTB actually read our comments. This looks much more "salable" than some of the others. More "home" and less "vacation abode".  

• Like 3

I see a couple of new models for the trailers  in SL16B :)  Either that, or my memory is completely shot 😂

Edit:

Weird, all of the new posts just showed up for me.  I was wondering why no one was talking about them 😁 

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am actually checking these out now.  I got rid of my house today to try to get a better location, but I think I might try to get these campers  instead.  My avi is not too tall so it actually is quite spacious for me.  I am quite impressed with them.

• Like 2

I am so loving these! When I first came to SL there was a region themed to be a trailer park. I wish I could remember the name. It would have been around 2007 or 08. It was a "trailer trash" kind of theme. I wanted to live there but it was so popular I never did. This new themed area seems like it will be lovely and tranquil. I love the sizes of the trailers but my avi is on the shorter side. I hope it is not to far away from release!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Digger Oppewall said:

I am so loving these! When I first came to SL there was a region themed to be a trailer park. I wish I could remember the name. It would have been around 2007 or 08. It was a "trailer trash" kind of theme. I wanted to live there but it was so popular I never did. This new themed area seems like it will be lovely and tranquil. I love the sizes of the trailers but my avi is on the shorter side. I hope it is not to far away from release!

Per Patch "The first release will happen within the next few months."

You know.... soon... soonish... soonisher

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 2

• Moles
5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It seems likely that this was in the works -- but maybe not as I can make things pretty fast when needed LOL. I would LIKE to think that TPTB actually read our comments. This looks much more "salable" than some of the others. More "home" and less "vacation abode".  

At takes many weeks or months of work to make and release our houses. We do read and listen to comments. Often the things suggested are either something we already have planned but can't say or something we considered but abandoned for one reason or another. And sometimes it something we hadn't thought about and we give it some thought. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

The new tiny house is really nice, I could see me using one of those combined with a 512 elsewhere. I'd love to know how much gardening/ landscaping would be allowed outside.

I wonder if they have been feeding cabbages to the Moles to get fuel for this nearby trailer? :D

slb16_001.png

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Haha 9

On 6/21/2019 at 4:59 AM, Chic Aeon said:

1409764888_tinyhomeSL16B.thumb.jpg.37f19dd0689423c9a19b3b9e3ee9bffe.jpg

i hum and ha since for ages about what to do about Premium.  In the end I prepay my account til 2021 and decided to not upgrade and prepay a alternative account, as I don't actually need or even want more than 1024m land. And I rather wait til I see if the Superduper comes with a Grid-scope experience key, which is what I really want, in addition to my current Experience key, of which I don't need more than one

i want this caravan if it comes on a 512m parcel

in the hope that it does one day soon, I chopped my old mainland seaside parcel down to 560m (my summer palace :)  set to my group). Abandoned the rest (because is a L-shape and not much use as a home for anyone) and moved back into a old Linden Home treehouse (my winter palace :)) which I always liked and still do.  And now I wait for my caravan to be my new winter palace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

These are really nice but 512m is not enough for me. If they released some cabins on 1024 parcels I would switch in a heartbeat.

Yes, but -- SWITCHING isn't all that easy. :D.    I definitely can see  that the larger more houselike ones seem more appropriate for those that want a full-time living experience and likely more popular.  Hope to get over and see the new model soon. Just now the region is restarting so THAT was bad timing!

I got back over to the freshly restarted camping region and took some photos with special interest on scale. This is a lovely build by Lost Mole. Tons of details and very well-made textures, it obviously offers a view!

exterior.thumb.jpg.13d3b4b95d8505977256a399069ce167.jpg

The interior is two levels. Getting a kitchen in place could be problematic with so many floor to ceiling windows, but the lighting effects are very pretty.

496892122_tinyhomeinteriror.thumb.jpg.cf29fa80c0e1f33b1c2f0883b06c303b.jpg

Some of you will remember all the chatter here about the doors on the houseboats (their gigantic sizing) and the photo taken with many of the Moles of all shapes and sizes (fun).  Well this build is very much scaled to human-size (I am about 2 meters so in the middle for human gals). 

doors.thumb.jpg.d29592b9b95c05487d7fb48714c5a95c.jpg

Doorknobs which actually bothered me SO much I couldn't consider a houseboat as an abode, THESE  are happily "to scale". 

257 land impact. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Bugs Bunny loves the new trailer 

Second Pride 2019_019.jpg

Second Pride 2019_021.jpg

This new trailer is wonderful. :)

One thing I noticed, is the absence of blinds. Maybe they're not there altogether, or they listened to me, LOL, and added an option to turn them invisible.

N.B. The windows on this particular trailer look like they would be ideal for drapes, really, rather than blinds. But I didn't see any blinds on any of the other campers/trailers, either. Which, IMHO, even when totally absent (as in not implemented at all), wouldn't be a bad thing per se. Good mesh drapes/blinds are like 1-2 LI each, these days, so well worth having the choice.

• Like 1

I cannot stop wondering: We already know meth labs are not acceptable in Belisseria Classic style - but what about now? I mean of you set out a trailer park like Lindens just did - you just have to expect "Dukes of Hazards" style moonshine distilleries, "Breaking Bad" meth kitchens and whatnot else associated with trailer parks (Want a look at the public image of trailer parks? Watch some Cosmo and Wanda episodes, where Timmy's friend Chester lives in one)

I know alcohol and drugs are not moderate... You would expect people not to do them but the past has shown they will anyways - moderate mainland is riddled with publicly accessable drug dens and bars. So knowing this I really wonder how the Lindens hope to avoid the regions taking on that "trailer park chic" now that they are going to release it...

Edited by Fionalein

There is a noticable problem with continuity. Trailer campers has been made by diferent creators, which is fine, but is extremely noticeable the differences on scale, quality and detail. It affects the look overall, in my opinion.

In comparison, you don't see this problem happening with traditional houses or houseboats.

Edited by Seba Serpente

28 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

Trailer campers has been made by diferent creators, which is fine, but is extremely noticeable the differences on scale, quality and detail.

I know!  There was one trailer even rusting out underneath!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

I cannot stop wondering: We already know meth labs are not acceptable in Belisseria Classic style - but what about now? I mean of you set out a trailer park like Lindens just did - you just have to expect "Dukes of Hazards" style moonshine distilleries, "Breaking Bad" meth kitchens and whatnot else associated with trailer parks (Want a look at the public image of trailer parks? Watch some Cosmo and Wanda episodes, where Timmy's friend Chester lives in one)

I know alcohol and drugs are not moderate... You would expect people not to do them but the past has shown they will anyways - moderate mainland is riddled with publicly accessable drug dens and bars. So knowing this I really wonder how the Lindens hope to avoid the regions taking on that "trailer park chic" now that they are going to release it...

Assuming any of that is an accurate generalization regarding trailer parks, the LH set up is more of a campground than the "trashy" location you are imagining. I don't think this is going to be an issue at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Assuming any of that is an accurate generalization regarding trailer parks, the LH set up is more of a campground than the "trashy" location you are imagining. I don't think this is going to be an issue at all.

Right, this is not a trailer park concept, this is a camping ground theme. Is about being out in the nature. Trailer parks are pretty urban and is all about low costs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Alcohol has never been limited to adult locations that I know of. From the knowledge base (my bold):

The Adult designation applies to Second Life regions that host, conduct, or display content that is sexually explicit, intensely violent, or depicts illicit drug use.  

There are plenty of alcohol places in M regions --- even in Bellisseria and they have not been removed.  According to the rules that I can find, illegal drugs would not be allowed. Cigarettes (not for minors in the corporeal world) and alcohol would be OK.  Actually I have a wine room divider at Hop and Shop which is rated GENERAL and was apparently deemed OK.  The bottles are unopened of course :D.    After all there is alcohol in many family homes.    

It has always bothered me that the maturity ratings were primarily about sex and that machine guns were considered just fine for kids.  There certainly could be some grungy areas added eventually, but the campgrounds doesn't strike me as a good place to set up a meth lab .

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Alcohol is fine in G regions. I have even received tips in my restaurant tip jar from Lindens. I guess they enjoyed the margaritas. ;)

Also, in going along with the adult content policy, as long as their is an attempt to keep things behind closed doors, I would assume a meth lab is just fine as long as it's not able to be seen unless someone cams in?

God know I have adult content all over my moderate parcel.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.