Camping Tonight? New Homes Preview Comments and Photos

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I had to laugh in front of my computer (not AT you but in general) thinking back to newspapers and reporting and the TV show "Newsroom" where they needed at least two (three was better) confirmed sources --- CONFIRMED being the key word -- before they would report something.    

Obviously things are different here.  If Patch confirms, great; but if not we will see when we see.    

:SwingingFriends:

Well, I don't work at NASA, or any other outfit that requires triple confirmation. 😁 When Patch says they'll start them off at 512m, then I find I can live with hearing they'll probably offer them on larger plots later. Life would become entirely too cumbersome if I had to triple-check everything I hear like that. And should it turn out, later on, that they won't come with 1024m parcels, after all, then I can likely live with that too.

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

@LittleMe Jewell  @Blush Bravin

Thanks to both. Yes, I DID HEAR the comment by Patch. I am not going with the "clear indication" theory though as it was not SAID that trailers would later be offered on 1024s.  It is a bit like that telephone game, things change from one person's telling to what another person is hearing and then they report etc. etc. 

So basically Patch never actually and officially and PUBLICLY said that the trailers would be offered on 1024s.  That is what I am getting as feedback here and that is what I really wanted to know. Appreciate everyone's input. 

4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

@Patch Linden Please could you post something official so we aren't just speculating? Thanks!

I haven't made up my mind yet, so I left my options open.  😁

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, point Coage said:

I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY LENDEN HME I AM NOT NEW IABANDN MY OTHER PLAE PLZ TELLME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO GET MY PLACE 

Mostly, you wait and simply "try" to claim one.

If you want a House or Houseboat, they are releasing one region every Mon, Wed, Fri (excluding holidays and if issues come up).  The region will contain houses and might contain some houseboats.  If you are fast enough on the refresh of your dashboard page where you request a house (https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php), then you'll get one.  Odds are not good until the excitement dies down.

There will also be a release of the new Campers & Trailers sometime in the next few months.  We have no more details on that.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:01 AM, Coby Foden said:

Today (June 24) new trailer type has appeared in SL16B. It's called "tinyhouse v1.2 wip".

2019-06-24_new-trailer.thumb.jpg.b5a54063a4391305473cceaddd085a42.jpg

This is my favourite one, I cant wait to get it!!! New LH are way too big for me, so this is perfect, I've been in love with tiny movement for years, so it's great to get one in my SL. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:31 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here are quick pictures of all 8 styles

Colorado
Colorado.thumb.jpg.8bad3b2f7615d4bc51002c27454680e7.jpg

Laramie
Laramie.thumb.jpg.985699090a640255c03f4b69791f219e.jpg

LH Camper 4 (will likely get a real name at some point)
2106719026_LHCamper4.thumb.jpg.79778f60945ed8b00866aeb025f00896.jpg

Newport
Newport.thumb.jpg.0dd1ee76eea2457578dcc94409c6d340.jpg

Sequoia
Sequoia.thumb.jpg.14b2c6d6e5b1616cba9ee2d1ab495296.jpg

Shan
Shan.thumb.jpg.4313b1c28dfc047a0de265745e98b26b.jpg

Sun Valley
769602415_SunValley.thumb.jpg.69a19468ed5b99eb7aa5b0bfd49df7e0.jpg

TinyHouse
TinyHouse.thumb.jpg.b6561c9acf4ad3703147f3ab3589f1aa.jpg

Great photos! Thanks! So we can compare them easily.

What maked me wonder is one thing. Will there be a postbox (or whatsoever) containing all EIGHT choices?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Great photos! Thanks! So we can compare them easily.

What maked me wonder is one thing. Will there be a postbox (or whatsoever) containing all EIGHT choices?

Interesting question. I am leaving for work soon, but I will read here again.

What I think, and this isn't proven, is that the smaller trailers go on 512 plots, and the new, bigger ones on 1024 plots. But don't take it for the truth, I am sure others have read interviews with Patch and know what he said in detail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Interesting question. I am leaving for work soon, but I will read here again.

What I think, and this isn't proven, is that the smaller trailers go on 512 plots, and the new, bigger ones on 1024 plots. But don't take it for the truth, I am sure others have read interviews with Patch and know what he said in detail.

Patch said late yesterday that there are not NECESSARILY going to be trailers on 1024 plots.  Here is his quote.

943045961_Patchsreplyto1024trailerlots.png.add525e41234450f78ba1b15eee25498.png

So since there are going to be eight trailer styles -- some larger and some smaller -- they will all be in the "space number thingie".  At least that's what my logic tells me.  Since people won't be able to change their homes as much with the trailers (no porches or add on rooms or wrap-arounds etc) that makes a lot of sense really -- having more variety to start out with.  That is just MY thinking; I haven't seen any official comments as to WHY there are going to be eight styles. 

PS. I guess they COULD be divided into two groups of trailers, but that seems like it would be confusing to those picking.  Maybe too, this hasn't been decided yet.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Though nothing official has been stated, my bet is that you will be able to swap between all 8.   It just doesn't really make any sense to divide them up somehow.  

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Patch specifically said that the initial roll out will definitely be all 512 plots.  There may or may not be some put on 1024 plots later, but definitely not right now for the first release of them.

• Like 4

On 6/25/2019 at 1:15 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I got back over to the freshly restarted camping region and took some photos with special interest on scale. This is a lovely build by Lost Mole. Tons of details and very well-made textures, it obviously offers a view!

exterior.thumb.jpg.13d3b4b95d8505977256a399069ce167.jpg

The interior is two levels. Getting a kitchen in place could be problematic with so many floor to ceiling windows, but the lighting effects are very pretty.

496892122_tinyhomeinteriror.thumb.jpg.cf29fa80c0e1f33b1c2f0883b06c303b.jpg

Some of you will remember all the chatter here about the doors on the houseboats (their gigantic sizing) and the photo taken with many of the Moles of all shapes and sizes (fun).  Well this build is very much scaled to human-size (I am about 2 meters so in the middle for human gals). 

doors.thumb.jpg.d29592b9b95c05487d7fb48714c5a95c.jpg

Doorknobs which actually bothered me SO much I couldn't consider a houseboat as an abode, THESE  are happily "to scale". 

257 land impact. 

I'm just in love with this tiny model, actually have stopped looking for a regular home, waiting for this one to be released!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.