Jump to content
Chic Aeon

Camping Tonight? New Homes Preview Comments and Photos

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I know!  There was one trailer even rusting out underneath!

Pretty awesome, huh?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beth Macbain said:

Also, in going along with the adult content policy, as long as their is an attempt to keep things behind closed doors, I would assume a meth lab is just fine as long as it's not able to be seen unless someone cams in?

God know I have adult content all over my moderate parcel.

I would say so, since the adult vs. moderate policies seem to focus on what is allowed to be displayed (seen easily by the public). I think G regions are more "zero tolerance", but in my experience, if you aren't flaunting it, you are allowed to be naughty in moderate regions. That's why they give the "closed doors" guidelines regarding parcel visibility, etc.

Now if you have a nude meth lab, that is clearly going TOO FAR. xD

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Now if you have a nude meth lab, that is clearly going TOO FAR. xD

Don't you tempt me like that! I love a good challenge!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Don't you tempt me like that! I love a good challenge!

Time to start a new Bellisseria club!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 7:21 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ditto.  I personally hated camping as a kid.  I tried it a few times as an adult, in a pop-up camper, with husband and kids, and I still hated it.  Two, maybe three trips, and I told hubby to sell that darn camper.

I'm just not "out doorsy" at all. My idea of camping is staying home and watching someone else do it.

That's not to see I dislike the outdoors. I do but in short spurts and certainly not for sleeping. I need amenities for that. Pillows. A/C. Toilet paper. No bugs. Doors.  Etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I'm just not "out doorsy" at all. My idea of camping is staying home and watching someone else do it.

That's not to see I dislike the outdoors. I do but in short spurts and certainly not for sleeping. I need amenities for that. Pillows. A/C. Toilet paper. No bugs. Doors.  Etc.

My husband and I have agreed that "roughing it" means room service is late.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen some comments reported that are supposedly official about the plot sizes for the campers and trailers.  I cannot find any OFFICIAL SOURCES for those comments however.  I listened to Patch's talk and didn't find any info there but there were a few spots that were difficult to hear.  So my question is:

 

Do we know OFFICIALLY that there will be both 512 and 1024 sized lots for the trailers and campers? And WHERE is that official source (pointing to posts that aren't sourced doesn't count :D)?   Thanks very much.  I am guessing that if there are going to be two plot sizes then the larger will be for the trailers and smaller for the campers.  I haven't seen anything official on that either.

 

Just trying to refrain from passing on rumors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have seen some comments reported that are supposedly official about the plot sizes for the campers and trailers.  I cannot find any OFFICIAL SOURCES for those comments however.  I listened to Patch's talk and didn't find any info there but there were a few spots that were difficult to hear.  So my question is:

 

Do we know OFFICIALLY that there will be both 512 and 1024 sized lots for the trailers and campers? And WHERE is that official source (pointing to posts that aren't sourced doesn't count :D)?   Thanks very much.  I am guessing that if there are going to be two plot sizes then the larger will be for the trailers and smaller for the campers.  I haven't seen anything official on that either.

 

Just trying to refrain from passing on rumors.  

 

All Patch said, is that they were intially going to 'start out' the campers and trailers on 512m plots (at ca. 21:35).

 

 

'Start out', technically, allows for the possibility of larger plots in the future. But he never specifically said that would happen.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

All Patch said, is that they were intially going to 'start out' the campers and trailers on 512m plots (at ca. 21:35).

Yes, that is what I heard also. However that is not what some folks are reporting as official. Hence my question. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, that is what I heard also. However that is not what some folks are reporting as official. Hence my question. Thanks. 

I'd think that Patch's words would be the "Official" words as opposed to anything said by anyone else - unless some other Linden or Mole is contradicting that.  

The confusion may come from the fact that when Patch was talking about that part, he was cutting in and out a bit.  Inara also reports the 512 lot size as the initial roll-out:

image.png.d29759a375558c9ccdacab1f0a08f093.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The confusion may come from the fact that when Patch was talking about that part, he was cutting in and out a bit. 

This! The fact that the majority of us heard him say that they will start out on 512s is a clear indication that at some point they will also be offered with different sized parcels, which I would imagine would be 1024s. I think that sounds pretty official since it came from Patch's mouth. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@LittleMe Jewell  @Blush Bravin

Thanks to both. Yes, I DID HEAR the comment by Patch. I am not going with the "clear indication" theory though as it was not SAID that trailers would later be offered on 1024s.  It is a bit like that telephone game, things change from one person's telling to what another person is hearing and then they report etc. etc. 

 

So basically Patch never actually and officially and PUBLICLY said that the trailers would be offered on 1024s.  That is what I am getting as feedback here and that is what I really wanted to know. Appreciate everyone's input. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
hear to "hearing"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chic Aeon said:

@LittleMe Jewell  @Blush Bravin

Thanks to both. Yes, I DID HEAR the comment by Patch. I am not going with the "clear indication" theory though as it was not SAID that trailers would later be offered on 1024s.  It is a bit like that telephone game, things change from one person's telling to what another person is hear and then they report etc. etc. 

 

So basically Patch never actually and officially and PUBLICLY said that the trailers would be offered on 1024s.  That is what I am getting as feedback here and that is what I really wanted to know. Appreciate everyone's input. 

@Patch Linden Please could you post something official so we aren't just speculating? Thanks!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

This! The fact that the majority of us heard him say that they will start out on 512s is a clear indication that at some point they will also be offered with different sized parcels, which I would imagine would be 1024s. I think that sounds pretty official since it came from Patch's mouth. :) 

 

Plans may fall in and out of grace. :) What we know for certain now, is that the initial batch will be on 512m plots. What this means for me, is that I will not abadon my houseboat just yet, but wait for a 1024m plot, as -- barring any radical change in policy -- it really looks like he was suggesting they'll be offered on larger parcels too (and in a not too distant future, at that). When 1024 plots should become available, I hope Patch WILL give us an update, as that would constitute a major update, in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blush Bravin said:

@Patch Linden Please could you post something official so we aren't just speculating? Thanks!

I ALSO haven't heard anything official (actually I just read it in LittleMe's screenshot of Inara's post) that the new trailer release would encompass a very large community area. Actually I hadn't even heard a rumor, so perhaps @Patch Linden could comment officially on that. I am trying VERY HARD not to post information that isn't confirmed.  

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiramanell said:

 

Plans may fall in and out of grace. :) What we know for certain now, is that the initial batch will be on 512m plots. What this means for me, is that I will not abadon my houseboat just yet, but wait for a 1024m plot, as -- barring any radical change in policy -- it really looks like he was suggesting they'll be offered on larger parcels too (and in a not too distant future, at that). When 1024 plots should become available, I hope Patch WILL give us an update, as that would constitute a major update, in my book.

When I specifically asked him about parcel size the day SLB16 opened, last Thursday, his reply was, "Monday." I really expected him to be more clear about this but I think things got lost in the moment and the problem with voice cutting in and out didn't help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hope the caravans are 512m. My whole cunning plan is to snaffle one of them. I even got a custom mod extension of Firefox ready to automagically stuff the boxes and press the buttons. So I am ready! for the say when

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I ALSO haven't heard anything official (actually I just read it in LittleMe's screenshot of Inara's post) that the new trailer release would encompass a very large community area. Actually I hadn't even heard a rumor, so perhaps @Patch Linden could comment officially on that. I am trying VERY HARD not to post information that isn't confirmed.  

Thanks. 

I do remember hearing something about that 'community area'.  I'd have to go back an re-listen to get the details of what was said on that part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not interested in any 512s. I sold double prim mainland, a 512, just so I would have the 1024sqm I needed to get a new Linden Home. So at this point to get a 512 would just be wasting sqm as I have no desire to purchase regular mainland ever again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do remember hearing something about that 'community area'.  I'd have to go back an re-listen to get the details of what was said on that part.

He did talk about that community area during the Meet the Lindens interview. I remember it too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

@LittleMe Jewell  @Blush Bravin

Thanks to both. Yes, I DID HEAR the comment by Patch. I am not going with the "clear indication" theory though as it was not SAID that trailers would later be offered on 1024s.  It is a bit like that telephone game, things change from one person's telling to what another person is hearing and then they report etc. etc. 

So basically Patch never actually and officially and PUBLICLY said that the trailers would be offered on 1024s.  That is what I am getting as feedback here and that is what I really wanted to know. Appreciate everyone's input. 

 

The 'clear indication' theory is good enough for me. :) He was also talking about them observing Bellisseria residents decorating both inside and outside. So, it may well be they'll just watch the situation a bit, and decide later whether 1024 parcels are really needed. So, not guaranteed. But I don't think he would have mentioned them starting out the new campers/trailers on 512m plots, if not at least they seriously considered also offering those on larger plot, later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

 

The 'clear indication' theory is good enough for me. :) He was also talking about them observing Bellisseria residents decorating both inside and outside. So, it may well be they'll just watch the situation a bit, and decide later whether 1024 parcels are really needed. So, not guaranteed. But I don't think he would have mentioned them starting out the new campers/trailers on 512m plots, if not at least they seriously considered also offering those on larger plot, later on.

I had to laugh in front of my computer (not AT you but in general) thinking back to newspapers and reporting and the TV show "Newsroom" where they needed at least two (three was better) confirmed sources --- CONFIRMED being the key word -- before they would report something.    

Obviously things are different here.  If Patch confirms, great; but if not we will see when we see.    

:SwingingFriends:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I had to laugh in front of my computer (not AT you but in general) thinking back to newspapers and reporting and the TV show "Newsroom" where they needed at least two (three was better) confirmed sources --- CONFIRMED being the key word -- before they would report something.    

Obviously things are different here.  If Patch confirms, great; but if not we will see when we see.    

:SwingingFriends:

LOL, I loved that show and I guarantee that they would have printed the story with hearing those words coming directly from Patch's mouth! The two, three is better scenario, would be getting two or three people who heard the words coming from Patch's mouth, but you heard those words yourself so you don't need to confirm it. The source said it!

If you're still concerned, because I imagine you want the confirmation for your blog and not posts here in the forums, it certainly would be easy enough to just quote the exact words that you actually heard Patch say and then let your readers draw their own conclusions. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm not interested in any 512s. I sold double prim mainland, a 512, just so I would have the 1024sqm I needed to get a new Linden Home. So at this point to get a 512 would just be wasting sqm as I have no desire to purchase regular mainland ever again.

My PERSONAL OPINION is that they planned 512 plots for these all along - mostly for those people that are using a current old Linden Home and have allocated their remaining 512 elsewhere (store, group, second small home area, whatever).  Then, because they do watch these forums, they heard so many people commenting about how cute they were and how they'd love to swap their current house for one, and that got them to thinking maybe they should plan on some larger Camper/Trailer lot sizes down the road.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My PERSONAL OPINION is that they planned 512 plots for these all along - mostly for those people that are using a current old Linden Home and have allocated their remaining 512 elsewhere (store, group, second small home area, whatever).  Then, because they do watch these forums, they heard so many people commenting about how cute they were and how they'd love to swap their current house for one, and that got them to thinking maybe they should plan on some larger Camper/Trailer lot sizes down the road.

Yep, I think the same. And as we've seen since day one of Bellisseria's release they are constantly listening and adjusting based on what we've been saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...