SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Just. some observations based on the map...

So these are the regions to look out for if you want a house on the water. Bear in mind that at this point, there only appears to be one river that might end up having access to open water, and that is in the southeast of the continent as it exists today, in the regions of Waxon Chapel and Muddy Run.

image.png.344662cc508bcf14acd0d67ed1e0df59.png

The large lake in the southeast is in the regions of Punjab Highlands, Resolve, Home Grown, and Huygens. Most homes appear to be set back a little distance from the lake.

image.png.75c4894b69d07f01fbd0e1163327c5eb.png

There are two long lakes in the northern part of the continent:  One is in the regions of Wandering Eyes and Spindizzy in the west, and the other in the regions of Coin Toss and All Yours in the east. East of the lakes in those regions, homes are typically no more than the second row away from the lake, but on the north and south western side of the lake, your home could be  4 or 5 houses away from the lake.

image.png.ec863e6b5ddda0344ea62c0805bc90b8.png

Free Will and Coin Toss also border the big public area (we assume) at Newbank which includes a very large lake and an island. However, there may be fencing around the Newbank region, and if so, that may impede any lake views.

Finally there are some areas with larger ponds/small lakes. These include Free Will, Potlatch, Horn Dog, Saraellen, Birdwing, and Clingmore Heights. In these regions, it is entirely possible that your assigned home will be nowhere near the water.

Most regions appear to have at least a small pond or two and/or a pool/fountain water feature.

image.png.54ff460b1a21aaa703b3c48f6ac8d42a.png

Some of the regions with the least amount of water or water features include: Chevalier, Nine Lives, Portia Park, Phylliston, Happy Dance, Greasepaint, and  Idle Hours. Some of these regions are currently on "the coast" since they are at the unfinished edge of the region.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Tempting...  but the other theme isn't ready.

(from the Newbrooke thread):

On 2/24/2022 at 10:17 AM, Patch Linden said:

...I realize that is what happens when you are starved for information; there is an intentional reason for that at the present.  ...

The Newbrooke theme, and the following theme will be released when we are ready to release them. 

Weeellll ... I dunno.  If you parse his words carefully (and evidently we should, because we won't be getting many of them due to the 'intentional reason'), he says Newbrooke will be released when the TEAM is ready to release them, not when the THEME is ready.   As usual, haven't seen any green dots there for quite some time.  

And Atkins Depot has been the only outlined region for a while now.

SO ... I feel confident Newbrooke will be released before May-ish, which is when I would expect Rouge to have hit the grid, if all went well.  I would be surprised if March went by without Newbrooke being released, but not shocked. 

Further, I would be a little surprised if Newbrooke were released this week, since the server updates for the week of the 13th were 'bumpy', so last week they were putting a fix in place and didn't do a full set of restarts.  This week it looks like they are planning to do so, and I would think that planning to do a theme release might be a little risky.  But hey, I've been surprised before.

Really, we know nothing.  /me goes back to exploring, furnishing, scripting, shopping and taking pictures :)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

(from the Newbrooke thread):

Weeellll ... I dunno.  If you parse his words carefully (and evidently we should, because we won't be getting many of them due to the 'intentional reason'), he says Newbrooke will be released when the TEAM is ready to release them, not when the THEME is ready.   As usual, haven't seen any green dots there for quite some time.  

And Atkins Depot has been the only outlined region for a while now.

SO ... I feel confident Newbrooke will be released before May-ish, which is when I would expect Rouge to have hit the grid, if all went well.  I would be surprised if March went by without Newbrooke being released, but not shocked. 

Further, I would be had just a little surprised if Newbrooke were released this week, since the server updates for the week of the 13th were 'bumpy', so last week they were putting a fix in place and didn't do a full set of restarts.  This week it looks like they are planning to do so, and I would think that planning to do a theme release might be a little risky.  But hey, I've been surprised before.

Really, we know nothing.  /me goes back to exploring, furnishing, scripting, shopping and taking pictures :)

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly is Rouge. I've seen it mentioned before but I just thought it was an area in Newbrooke. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly is Rouge. I've seen it mentioned before but I just thought it was an area in Newbrooke. 

This area in red is 'Rouge' I don't think anyone has speculated what this theme could be. My guess would be 'Asian' a "Shareta Osumai" upgrade since red is an important colour Asian culture. Though it could well be something very different

On 2/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Swift work continues up in Rouge, the theme that will follow Newbrooke.  Not only in the main block, but also in the isolated Rouge region, SSPSCR. FWIW, SSPSCR was created quite a while before the rest of the Rouge area.

rouge.JPG.96c01b3677dc5013d42412bedc6766a6.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

This area in red is 'Rouge' I don't think anyone has speculated what this theme could be. My guess would be 'Asian' a "Shareta Osumai" upgrade since red is an important colour Asian culture. Though it could well be something very different

I'd agree with that guess, since all the other themes replacing the first gen ones have been done already.  If it is, then all the first gen themes will have been covered  - Modern, Asian, Fantasy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Frankief said:

I Think the next theme should be Cave Houses 

Cave .jpeg

I love your sense of Humor!! also, that is an amazing picture. Was that taken at Madonna Inn in California? That is the only hotel I know of with specialty rooms. We once stayed in one of their special rooms for a weekend..  amazing place.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

There is a great boot home made by the same creator as the burrow in the pictures - I lived in it for a short while - I thought if they ever do a range of fantasy super premium homes a choice of boot, baba yaga hut, hobbit house or Rapunzel style tower would be great! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CC-Babas-Boot/18036811

Oh I love that. They have some lovely decor as well. I think Ill get that for my mainland.

• Like 2

Maybe we will hear more about Linden Home themes at the upcoming VWBPE 2022 conference when Patch Linden talks during the Above the Book interview

What’s Up at the Lab? – Thursday 31st March 2022

• Patch Linden
  • 11am to 11.50am SLT
  • Join Phelan and Patch at this Above the Book interview as they explore what’s new at Linden Lab and the impact on educators and non-profit organizations in Second Life.
  • VWBPE Auditorium

VWBPE Program 2022

See my blog post on the VWBPE 2022 program being released.

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

There is a great boot home made by the same creator as the burrow in the pictures - I lived in it for a short while - I thought if they ever do a range of fantasy super premium homes a choice of boot, baba yaga hut, hobbit house or Rapunzel style tower would be great! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CC-Babas-Boot/18036811

I actually bought that a long time ago--it's pretty awesome!

• Like 3