SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

143552573_Fantasseria22Nov2021.thumb.jpg.7ab7692c0c44cb14cf62bd6fccc20117.jpg

Monday 22nd November 2021 (16:55 GMT)

Six new SSPE regions (SSPE2766 to SSPE2771) have just been added to the east side of Fantasseria, but are not yet visible on the world map and cannot directly be teleported into yet.

To have a peek, walk in from a neighbouring region, such as SSPE2765 to the west of 2766, or from Porcini to the west of 2771. The new regions are completely flat, unterraformed and have no water in them. Yet. 

A further twelve coastal region sims are now needed to form a complete coastal ring around Fantasseria.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Update!

Moles have been very busy and have already terraformed the six new regions, even laying down their purple "Mole Art" house parcel markers and some pathways too.

1625704106_newcoastbottom_001.thumb.jpg.88c08eb2c75215aa329efe662a2468fe.jpg

^ The bottom half of the six regions, viewed from offshore to the east. I had my draw distance at maximum!

1121340712_newcoasttop_001.thumb.jpg.972867e64e3c951ffd26f24dc1e3f458.jpg

^ And the top half of the six, also viewed offshore from the east, up to Porcini region. SSPE2770 has a small island, around which there is 20m deep water and a rolling sand dune-like bottom in which there's ample room to possibly put in some underwater decorative things later....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The SL Christmas Expo regions have arrived on the grid this week and preparations are now underway for the big opening next Friday 3rd December 2021. Ten days to GO! :)

I think the SSPLOH region (located far far away) will be most likely be joined up with the main expo regions at some point next week. 

1117474668_SLChristmasExpo2021tuesday.thumb.PNG.a3cbc4776ab4e28ac4b80e3cb6b8169d.PNG

Christmas is almost here 🎅

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Oh dear. Someone ought to tell LL that the correct lyrics for the Fourth Day of Christmas are "four colly birds", not "four calling birds".

Colly is an old English adjective used to describe something covered in coal dust, or the colour of coal. In the context of the original 1780 song lyrics, which originated in England, the "four colly birds" are either blackbirds, crows or ravens.

These colly birds, along with the partridge (plucked from it's pear tree), the doves, hens, geese, and swans of the song were often cooked and eaten as part of traditional Christmas season dinners in England up until Epiphany on 6th January, known also as Twelfth Night; the Twelfth Day of the song and song title.

There are (or were) also colly dogs, although the spelling has changed over time to the present collie.  These breeds of colly dogs exclusively had dark coats. But cross-breeding over generations and centuries has drastically altered their appearance and physicality, to the point that many breeds of modern collie dogs have lost some or all traces of a uniformly dark coat.

No turkeys in the song either. Which is a good thing. Bleh.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Oh dear. Someone ought to tell LL that the correct lyrics for the Fourth Day of Christmas are "Four Colly Birds", not "Four Calling Birds".

Colly is an old English adjective used to describe something covered in coal dust, or the colour of coal. In the context of the original 1780 song lyrics, the "Four Colly Birds" are either blackbirds, crows or ravens.

https://blogs.loc.gov/catbird/2016/12/is-it-four-calling-birds-or-four-colly-birds-a-twelve-days-of-christmas-debate/

• Like 2

@Patch Linden@Abnor Mole@Dyna Mole@Grumpity Linden I'm Suggesting that There's would be more Urban Style Skyscrapers Apartments,urban Houseboats,Commercial Office Townhouse and the Linden Lab's Industrial Factories. Linden Home Region Connects between Sansara and Heterocera with the large international Airport for Aviators with Mass Rapid Transit better Than SLRR inspired from Disney Monorail and Moscow Monorail. with the Big Expressway with Toll Gates pay in L$ to entry. it's my best Idea to have the New Approach to Linden Home as Urban Theme. to attract the new Audiences to Second Life! It's Situated between Bay City and Sansara

jogging.jpg

empty-bangkok.jpg117696343_10158558131436866_175073741662

669087_59774246.jpg1350_02.jpg

stringio.jpg?1418132623

Sirat-Expressway.jpg88.jpg

Edited by anuk2939mk2
  • Confused 1

On 11/23/2021 at 3:21 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Oh dear. Someone ought to tell LL that the correct lyrics for the Fourth Day of Christmas are "four colly birds", not "four calling birds".

Well, not LL ... despite LL's participation and extensive backing, the Christmas Expo is actually run by residents (RFL of Second Life).  I've always thought RFL supplied the names to use for the regions, in line with their yearly chosen theme.  This year's theme is "The 12 Days of Christmas". 

• Like 4

• Moles
2 hours ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

@Patch Linden@Abnor Mole@Dyna Mole@Grumpity Linden I'm Suggesting that There's would be more Urban Style Skyscrapers Apartments,urban Houseboats,Commercial Office Townhouse and the Linden Lab's Industrial Factories. Linden Home Region Connects between Sansara and Heterocera with the large international Airport for Aviators with Mass Rapid Transit better Than SLRR inspired from Disney Monorail and Moscow Monorail. with the Big Expressway with Toll Gates pay in L$ to entry. it's my best Idea to have the New Approach to Linden Home as Urban Theme. to attract the new Audiences to Second Life! It's Situated between Bay City and Sansara

jogging.jpg

empty-bangkok.jpg117696343_10158558131436866_175073741662

669087_59774246.jpg1350_02.jpg

stringio.jpg?1418132623

Sirat-Expressway.jpg88.jpg

Shhhh.... you'll ruin the surprise

• Haha 11

I don't think theres any realistic chance of having highrise tower blocks as Linden Homes with the current parcel system.

4091703_16981c3d.jpg

^ A tower block, yesterday.

4th Floor Resident: "I want to reset the privacy settings!"

8th Floor Resident: "NO! You had all the settings four weeks ago. It's MY turn next. And I want to change this awful music stream!"

7th Floor Resident: "Oi! That's MY music stream! Leave it alone, it's MINE this week!"

3rd Floor Resident: "SHHHH!"

7th Floor Resident: "Don't you SHHHH me, or I'll tell everyone about 'those things' I've seen you doing down there with the woman from the 4th floor!"

3rd & 4th Floor Residents: *gulp*

etc....

It wouldn't work!

Firstly, the various flats and floors within this hypothetical residential tower block would need to be spaced 20+ metres apart in all directions from each other to protect private chat from leaking out. Alternatively, the residents could either whisper (!) and the flats would include some very generous ceiling heights and thick walls between the flats to  overcome chat issues!

Secondly, the land and privacy settings are currently confined to a single vertical column that extends from ground level up to a usable altitude of 4096 metres.  How would this work with multiple storeys of flats within this vertical column? There are only the one set of settings in this parcel and vertical column.  The multiple residents living on seperate storeys within this vertical column could not have their own individual set of land and privacy settings, as they all share the same single parcel area.

Unless LL has developed a shiny new secret 3D parcel system that can be placed at multiple independent altitudes within a shared vertical space over common ground, then multiple occupancy residential tower blocks will never work properly.

But single occupant tower blocks could....

• Haha 3

According to The SL Enquirer this week there will be new Linden Homes on the 2021 winter reveal region. 

Sounds like it's going to be very exciting this year. Just five days left to go until the expo opens to the public. Yay. 

"Take a picture with Santa Patch & the Elf Moles, get a Limited Edition Patch on a Shelf elf, and check out the newest Linden Homes at the 2021 winter reveal region"

Source Link 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

On 11/23/2021 at 2:58 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

The SL Christmas Expo regions have arrived on the grid this week and preparations are now underway for the big opening next Friday 3rd December 2021. Ten days to GO! :)

I think the SSPLOH region (located far far away) will be most likely be joined up with the main expo regions at some point next week. 

1117474668_SLChristmasExpo2021tuesday.thumb.PNG.a3cbc4776ab4e28ac4b80e3cb6b8169d.PNG

Christmas is almost here 🎅

Current map, in case someone is interested.image.thumb.png.30658fc31827cca4243aee1a7b8f8b64.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So, the upper left region with a green dot is the RFL events space, and the white region below it is currently blank with a huge "Relay for Life" sign in the air, where you see the light grey lines at the lower edge of the region. My guess is that the Linden LoH region will appear next to the other LoH region, leaving a single (Reveal?) region to complete the ring.  But we shall see very soon!

lights.JPG.776a1fdb26284bd2e86c84e2a70a486f.JPG

• Like 8