SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

It is definitely not soon. https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/soon

more like the opposite.. so never, distance, later lol

i hope one day the lindens need something urgently, and they keep asking when, and the response is linden soon aka next year/far distance/future/don’t wait.

example: when do I get a raise? Boss: linden soon 

Edited by yestothis
  • Haha 1

As someone who's played in WoW since Cata, I'm accustomed to this catch-phrase ("Soon (tm)") which has been attributed originally to Blizzard CS/devs as a way to put off players asking about new game features. Every game dev, though, uses it (or a version of it) at some point when being hounded by players about when something is going to happen.

I know, I know, "persistent universe metaverse blah blah blah..." At the end of the day, it's a game.

5 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Usually we will get some kind of signal when that changes to "very soon" - which typically indicates within a couple of weeks.

verysoon.png.c4c0a96a38917a984b0539dc5e7b9898.png

If 'very soon' was the 23rd, then taking holidays into account I would be looking at the end of January, if not before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, yestothis said:

It is definitely not soon. https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/soon

more like the opposite.. so never, distance, later lol

i hope one day the lindens need something urgently, and they keep asking when, and the response is linden soon aka next year/far distance/future/don’t wait.

example: when do I get a raise? Boss: linden soon 

For this comparison to make sense, people asking for a release date on the new homes would need one urgently.  I suppose some may feel that way, so there's no point quibbling over it.

"Soon" is simply Linden speak for "we can't really give you a realistic estimate right now because there are 2347864 variables involved, any of which could delay release."  They aren't being intentionally evasive to be mean.  They just aren't far enough along to give a realistic estimate, and don't want to make promises unless they are confident that can keep them.  Any business that works with deadlines operates this way.  

Would you be happier with "they'll be ready when they are ready?"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

For this comparison to make sense, people asking for a release date on the new homes would need one urgently.  I suppose some may feel that way, so there's no point quibbling over it.

"Soon" is simply Linden speak for "we can't really give you a realistic estimate right now because there are 2347864 variables involved, any of which could delay release."  They aren't being intentionally evasive to be mean.  They just aren't far enough along to give a realistic estimate, and don't want to make promises unless they are confident that can keep them.  Any business that works with deadlines operates this way.  

This :) ^^^^^^^

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I felt misled is all. They did the reveal and gave publicity to the homes, so it felt very soon. There are other events lindens can reveal at closer to launch date. I don’t think I’m the only one that feels this way, and it’s not being impatient or demanding, just wondering if anybody feels this way too? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yestothis said:

I felt misled is all. They did the reveal and gave publicity to the homes, so it felt very soon. There are other events lindens can reveal at closer to launch date. I don’t think I’m the only one that feels this way, and it’s not being impatient or demanding, just wondering if anybody feels this way too? 

Many of us have felt that way at some point over the last 2.5 years, but we've since learned how things flow.  Those of us that have been around since the first Bellisseria release (April 2019), now know that there can be a lot of time between Reveal and Release.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, yestothis said:

Fair enough.  I know they had to rush in order to even do the reveal at the winter event, and judging by the feedback that they got, it showed.  They have stated multiple times that they were a work in progress.  Speaking for myself, I'm happy to wait if it means getting a better final product.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Many of us have felt that way at some point over the last 2.5 years, but we've since learned how things flow.  Those of us that have been around since the first Bellisseria release (April 2019), now know that there can be a lot of time between Reveal and Release.

Not only that but, as I've said elsewhere in this thread, there can be a considerable amount of time between placement of the new regions within Bellisseria and the first change of parcel status from 'Protected Land' to 'Linden Home'. The benefit of that is the opportunity to have a good look around regions that catch your eye. Anticipation is part of the Bellisseria experience...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, yestothis said:

No, because I know to hit a deadline for sure, it means crunch. That pressure makes people burn out and leave the industry. It can cause lifelong health problems. I'm perfectly happy to wait for things so that employees get to have their holidays and don't have to do massive overtime. On the other side, people make more mistakes during crunch times, so the product would have more issues on release. It'll be ready when it's ready, which is better for everyone.

• Like 6

This is the first time I remember hearing that the homes were a "work in progress" when revealed.  I accepted that as a matter of course when first I read it, but it may have indicated that the Modern homes were less far along than usual at reveal time.

Also, I didn't know this.

On 1/5/2022 at 4:59 PM, Quartz Mole said:

No two houses have ever used the exact same code, let alone two themes.    Broadly similar, yes, but each of them is always going to require a considerable amount of individual attention.    

I believe this theme is being released with both open floor plan and regular floor plans at the same time.  This is also the first theme that has included homes on both 512 and 1024 parcels.  That's a lotta QA.

Time to put our patient panties on, I guess.  Maybe there's a mole who's not involved with the Moderns who can find time to put a rez zone in Well Springs while we wait!

(You know I had to try, @Abnor Mole !)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

No, because I know to hit a deadline for sure, it means crunch. That pressure makes people burn out and leave the industry. It can cause lifelong health problems. I'm perfectly happy to wait for things so that employees get to have their holidays and don't have to do massive overtime. On the other side, people make more mistakes during crunch times, so the product would have more issues on release. It'll be ready when it's ready, which is better for everyone.

Thanks, yes, I was just about to write that anyone who has done project work - in any technical area - knows this is how it is. (Too many times former co-workers of mine rushed to meet impossible deadlines - imposed by themselves or others - resulting in sloppy work that yours truly, the detail nerd, was then tasked with correcting. Better to have it done right the first time!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I believe this theme is being released with both open floor plan and regular floor plans at the same time.

In that case, I have my doubts about 'very soon'; though they could always go ahead without the open floors, wait for everyone to forget about them and then surprise us with an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

In that case, I have my doubts about 'very soon'; though they could always go ahead without the open floors, wait for everyone to forget about them and then surprise us with an upgrade.

Have the open floor plans happened with the Chalets and/or Fantasy themes? (I haven't tried either and don't recall seeing any announcement that they'd been updated with that option.)

• Like 1

• Moles

I'm a little surprised that no one has pointed out yet that before we can release something, we have to build it first. Namely the regions themselves. Once those appear on the map you'll know it is actually getting closer to release. We will still have to spend some time checking them over and preparing them for occupancy before any of them can actually be released, but until you see that happen you can logically assume that any release of the new theme is still a ways off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I'm a little surprised that no one has pointed out yet that before we can release something, we have to build it first. Namely the regions themselves. Once those appear on the map you'll know it is actually getting closer to release. We will still have to spend some time checking them over and preparing them for occupancy before any of them can actually be released, but until you see that happen you can logically assume that any release of the new theme is still a ways off.

There are thousands of ready stilts home, can we have those today? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moles

Release of each and every region is just the final (and very manual and individually performed step) of many, each of which is subject to the priority of tasks and availability of those who are charged with that function. 

Edit: In other words, when they are genuinely ready to release and they are able and prepared to do that, they will. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Edit: In other words, when they are genuinely ready to release and they are able and prepared to do that, they will. 

Well, yes, of course.  Or maybe not.

Let's say you were a Linden and happened to know that at some point in the future, you would be doing a big promotion for Premium memberships.  Maybe at the time in 2022 when you introduce Premium Plus?  Or maybe as an incentive for owners of non-Belli LHs to move to Belli?  Might be nice to have some LH inventory on hand at that time.

I believe there are tracts of unreleased regions of every theme except for Traditionals.  (Tho there are relatively few unreleased Vic and camper regions, mostly those are mixed in with Log Homes).  Personally, I'm not holding my breath for lots of stilts, houseboats or even chalets to appear on the land page before the Moderns release.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:11 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Have the open floor plans happened with the Chalets and/or Fantasy themes? (I haven't tried either and don't recall seeing any announcement that they'd been updated with that option.)

The Chalets have the option of open floor plans. There are two versions of each home.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2022 at 4:51 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Well, yes, of course.  Or maybe not.

Let's say you were a Linden and happened to know that at some point in the future, you would be doing a big promotion for Premium memberships.  Maybe at the time in 2022 when you introduce Premium Plus?  Or maybe as an incentive for owners of non-Belli LHs to move to Belli?  Might be nice to have some LH inventory on hand at that time.

I believe there are tracts of unreleased regions of every theme except for Traditionals.  (Tho there are relatively few unreleased Vic and camper regions, mostly those are mixed in with Log Homes).  Personally, I'm not holding my breath for lots of stilts, houseboats or even chalets to appear on the land page before the Moderns release.

Nika for linden president! Your theory is so so good. They’re waiting to drop the homes along with a much needed promotion. Remember they raised the prices on premium and haven’t had a sale in 2 years. We need a pandemic break!

I read recently that SL has not experienced any concurrent user growth this year, despite having a slight covid bump earlier last year.

they need to please the current user base more than ever,  

Edited by yestothis
  • Like 2