SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Update! The south coast (SSPE2748 to SSPE2755) just appeared inworld now! And I'm the first (and only) person here! 😛

Interestingly, SSPE2754 has a very large lake in it with a big hill on an isthmus in the south-east corner. The lake water is 11m at it's deepest point.  However, the lake isn't connected to the outer coastline and can't be sailed into, which is sad. It would have made a great harbour/marina location.

517421196_FantasseriaSouthCoast.thumb.jpg.f2cb82ba633a115af6f045698ac2c3a4.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Always good to see more SSPE regions added. Yay. 

1797249184_Fantasysouth.thumb.PNG.9803e8a7d7a58fcdb4aeca243dc44f73.PNG

The west side of the Fantasy sub continent is looking good so far and the east side work will most likely start within the next 2-6 weeks. I think the plan to fill up the sub continent coastlines before 2022 hits. 

1560637282_Fantasyeastsoon.thumb.PNG.378395c4ace89d0dac41ac12b5c58661.PNG

First step in the SSPE2750 region. Not much to see so far. 

SSPE2750_001.thumb.jpg.77b1916832682bfb66a0c14a0bb7de5f.jpg

Not long before the 2021 SL Christmas Expo starts and hopefully we may hear what the next Linden Home theme is. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Always good to see more SSPE regions added. Yay. 

1797249184_Fantasysouth.thumb.PNG.9803e8a7d7a58fcdb4aeca243dc44f73.PNG

The west side of the Fantasy sub continent is looking good so far and the east side work will most likely start within the next 2-6 weeks. I think the plan to fill up the sub continent coastlines before 2022 hits. 

1560637282_Fantasyeastsoon.thumb.PNG.378395c4ace89d0dac41ac12b5c58661.PNG

First step in the SSPE2750 region. Not much to see so far. 

SSPE2750_001.thumb.jpg.77b1916832682bfb66a0c14a0bb7de5f.jpg

Not long before the 2021 SL Christmas Expo starts and hopefully we may hear what the next Linden Home theme is. 

Wow the moles are really working fast! I love what they've added too. Can't wait til the entire fantasy area is done. Its going to be absolutely beautiful!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I wish that had focused on the NW log coastline first.  They have been waiting longer, and have a direct impact on sailing options.  

image.png.7ec8b746f7cbdf41c5b1bdf2c516ed20.png

I tend to agree with this.  Of all the unfinished areas in Bellisseria this one to me would make the most sense to complete.  Right now in order to sail from the Stilt area all the way to say the Bellisseria Fairgrounds requires you to sail completely around the Log Home regions.  I tend to Fly airplanes so not as big of an inconvenience to me but i will say i prefer flying over water because you do avoid those annoying blue popup windows everytime you fly over an orb parcel.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I wish that had focused on the NW log coastline first.  They have been waiting longer, and have a direct impact on sailing options.  

I am, and have been for quite a while now, certain that completing that coastline would also reveal part of an upcoming theme before it is read to be shown to us.

Of course one could argue that the Moles could at least put the parts in that will not reveal that theme, but that would lead to even more complaints with people asking "Why don't they put in the last X regions and complete the river so we can sail to Satori?" so it'd be better to leave that the way it is for now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

When did the Xmas Expo happen last year?

Sorry I meant this year. 

Starts 3rd-14th December 2021 - Link

3 hours ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

Wow the moles are really working fast! I love what they've added too. Can't wait til the entire fantasy area is done. Its going to be absolutely beautiful!

The Moles are working really fast it appears. If you look back at 2021 it's amazing how big the Bellisseria continent has actually got thanks to the Moles hard work.  

It's going to be amazing once the fantasy and chalet sub continent's are done. 

Can't wait to see what December brings and 2022. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First SSP regions arrive - 20th August 2018

ssp-regions.png?w=1024

Bellisseria continent back on opening day – 15th April 2019

ssp-continent-opens-1.40pm.png

Bellisseria Continent – 15th April 2021

b.png?w=1024

Bellisseria Continent - 9th November 2021

* Fantasy sub continent not loading when zoomed out on https://maps.secondlife.com/

B1.PNG.a393741ca540728258974f7d58fda6ba.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I am, and have been for quite a while now, certain that completing that coastline would also reveal part of an upcoming theme before it is read to be shown to us.

Of course one could argue that the Moles could at least put the parts in that will not reveal that theme, but that would lead to even more complaints with people asking "Why don't they put in the last X regions and complete the river so we can sail to Satori?" so it'd be better to leave that the way it is for now.

It's certainly a possibility that I have considered as well, but I don't share your certainty.  While they could probably squeeze in a new landmass in that area, the logical directions for expansion are to the east of the log and fantasy themes.

I'm sure we will know their plans "soon."  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Eu gostaria que tivesse se concentrado no litoral de troncos nw primeiro. Eles estão esperando há mais tempo, e têm um impacto direto nas opções de navegação.

I have a Boat House in Trafalgar, waiting for this sea route for a long time...I hope to be rewarded!!!

• Like 3

Here are the old first generation Linden Home continents still alive as of 9th November 2021. I think the lab should move all these old Linden Home continents near to the Bellisseria continent (south void area) and have water regions linking them all up. 

I personally think Linden Lab should keep the old generation Linden Homes as there is still active community living there. If the lab do decide to shut them down in the next few years that will be not good news. 

1642311285_OldLH.thumb.PNG.e9778ca590070af9bcbc24735327f570.PNG

1a.thumb.PNG.87d33a361a58c7b27b97d5c028acdb44.PNG

2a.thumb.PNG.99f5b279b7e766285534552c1f4dd5c4.PNG

3a.thumb.PNG.c0fa6fc1e6a6a4e9d0d354bc7596a847.PNG

4a.thumb.PNG.5c7e26c0d2cd70bbb5fd64213729676a.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I think they're just keeping their options open. It's clear they have enough Fantasy & Chalet homes, so they can be finished. As for this section, they can expand northwards building more Log Homes with Vics & Trads on the western edge. Just how many more Log Homes are needed to provide an availability buffer will become clearer with the release of the next theme(s). Once Logland is complete they can then build more Vics & Trads (as there are clearly insufficient to meet demand) round the North providing the desired sailing channel(s) to the stilts through them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Since HB & Stilt OPs always seem to be in short supply, a suggestion for this area:

5bf1f4914f5e8330b4ecd8ce0abf20b6.png

is to have HBs & Stilt OPs all connected via one large boardwalk (with maybe a community centre on an island) to make one large walkable area. To allow sailing (esp. East-West) have drawbridges so sailors can raise them up to pass through and pedestrians/cyclists can lower to travel round.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Weeeelllll - I think it's pretty clear that the coastline there will roughly follow the line Matthieu has drawn; it would be very strange if it took a sudden turn northward turn and made a big bulge on top of the Log continent.  If that's the case, they could put the coastal regions on the grid, with just the coastline defined.  They did that before with the Vics that are on the Log continent.  Then, if they plan to put some of the next theme homes on that coast or trads or they just want to reserve it for whatever theme they need more of, they can build out the parcels later.

• Like 3

296400266_NorthBellisseria.thumb.png.529231f6999bde8a5b726d84da149fc0.png

This area in red to the north of west Bellisseria urgently needs to be developed with coastlines and a protected waterway.

This area, when developed properly, should bypass the need to have unnecessarily long coastal voyages around the south of the Bellisseria log continent.  The log continent is of very little interest to 99% of sailing fans as there are no harbours, marinas or places of other interest there, as its all just houses surrounded by a ring of tall hilly grassy hills and cliffs.

And you can't even sail into the log continent because the surface water level there is higher, making the interior of the continent unreachable by boat from the surrounding coastline. Sadly, in this respect, LL have still not learnt from their previous mistakes from almost two decades ago when they gave Sansara continent not one, but SEVEN different surface water levels, making that continent totally impossible to cross by boat even today in 2021.

So I would highly recommend that the area north of the log continent should be given direct protected waterway links; with southern Sansara and South Islandia to the west and the Stilt Homes regions to the east. This would allow sailing distance and travel time between Sansara and Satori to be much lower than present.

• Like 5

• Moles

Keep in mind open water homesteads are not an insignificant overhead cost. The more of those any idea relies upon the less feasible it is. Suggestions that include 20, 30, 40 of those are going to be essentially dismissed out of hand... unless you have a rich uncle who is willing to pay for 40 homesteads in perpetuity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Rich uncles aren't required when there's hundreds of spare regions in the earlier Linden Homes Nascera continents.

Those Nascera regions are just sitting there, mostly unoccupied, abandoned and doing nothing. Just think of what could be done with them. Heres some suggestions, for a start....

1. Sansara continent could have a protected east coastline which allows boats to travel from one end of the continent to the other.

2. Lonely and forgotten Gaeta I continent could be finally completed and linked to Corsica continent.

3. Jeogeot could have an entire outer protected coastline added to it, and have its road network brought up to date, which could being new Residents to settle and develop its weird and bumpy terrain.

4. Gaps in north Sansara continent's terrain could be filled in with new regions which could be bought and developed by residents.

5. Satori continent could have either a complete east or west protected coast (or both!) which would allow boats to travel up/down it's full length.

6. Complete Zindra continent. And perhaps even move it nearer to the main continents.

7. Fix Heterocera continent's single bad coastal region (Tiger) which prevents all boats from completing a full circumnavigation of the entire continent.

Relocate and recycle these Nascera sim regions to places where they're needed.  Or is that too much good common sense?

• Like 3

The unfinished continents and sharp void edges drive me insane. In a way, it’s a reflection of Linden Lab and Second Life, and their inability to complete projects and abandon them halfway. For example, the recently shelved mobile viewer. It’s just a nice reminder of their lack of focus whenever I see the void edges. 

• Thanks 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Those Nascera regions are just sitting there, mostly unoccupied, abandoned and doing nothing. Just think of what could be done with them.

You inadvertently hit on what you are missing in your equations. Bringing up regions is easy. Taking them down can be hard. If it wasn't, they would have. There must be very compelling reasons to add even more that will (as you say) remain unoccupied and doing nothing (except adding more overhead). As much as you may want it, dozens or hundreds of regions just to provide protected coastlines everywhere across mainland simply isn't enough of one. I ask to have them included in Bellisseria where I can with that in mind, creating regions that will support themselves as much as possible to offset the ones that do not and limiting their use to maximize their benefit.

Repeatedly stumping for plans that call for dozens or hundreds of them is only going to create a sore spot that makes that part of my job harder. Don't worry. We have a plan. Allow us to complete it. 😉

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 15

22 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

You inadvertently hit on what you are missing in your equations. Bringing up regions is easy. Taking them down can be hard. If it wasn't, they would have. There must be very compelling reasons to add even more that will (as you say) remain unoccupied and doing nothing (except adding more overhead). As much as you may want it, dozens or hundreds of regions just to provide protected coastlines everywhere across mainland simply isn't enough of one. I ask to have them included in Bellisseria where I can with that in mind, creating regions that will support themselves as much as possible to offset the ones that do not and limiting their use to maximize their benefit.

Repeatedly stumping for plans that call for dozens or hundreds of them is only going to create a sore spot that makes that part of my job harder. Don't worry. We have a plan. Allow us to complete it. 😉

From the area that seems to be clearing up along the west side of Satori my guess is a Bellisseria theme drop along the coast there which would nicely connect us all the way up to Blake Sea which would be a HUGE want for many explorers

The coastal march around Fantasseria continues with 10 more regions added today, reaching up the east coast.  They are SSPE2756 through SSPE2765, numbered from south to north.  Visible inworld, but not yet on the map.  Not much terraforming done as yet.

1939574628_Eastcoast.thumb.JPG.22efe916cb8b1fa1cd4c35e90a34f2ea.JPG

Also, up in the SSP zone, I spy new region SSP3500, off to the right of Noir.  Perhaps the first of the next theme after Noir?

2145297184_AfterNoir.thumb.JPG.e506c8e8a57ea83faa68504ba27e106f.JPG

• Thanks 4