SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I've just been to Fantasseria's new east coast regions. Half of the east coast has now rezzed inworld, but it hasn't appeared on the world map yet, meaning you won't be able to directly teleport in to it yet, so walk in from a neighbouring region instead.

I've mapped the new region positions that I've walked through, noting down the region names. There are 10 new coastal regions, SSPE2756 in the south east corner reaching up to SSPE2765 which is about halfway up the east of the continent. The new regions all have a coastal waterway each, although these shapes are basic at present and may change later when developed with homes.

I estimate that eighteen more coastal regions from SSPE2765 would be needed to fully reach around up to Glimmer Bay in the north to complete a full circle of the Fantasseria coastline; perhaps to be added in two more rezzings of nine new coastal regions each.

At the rapid rate these new regions have been added in recently, I would speculate (if this rate continues) that an attempt at a full circumnavigation of Fantasseria by boat could be achieved as early as Friday 19th November, although this is purely speculation.

Also, I noticed the world map isn't flickering any more when focused in on Fantasseria from all zoom altitudes. :)

1719871943_FantasseriaEastCoast12Nov2021.thumb.jpg.d8ebbbde43a2c5e9dd2cb187d8f00cdf.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I've edited a mosaic of screenshots of Fantasseria's new east coast into a clear map, which shows the terrain and coastline.

The ten new regions now have their individual names on the world map too, meaning you can now directly teleport to them, instead of walking in from a neighbouring region.

SSPE2756 is the most southern, while SSPE 2765 sits at the top in the north.

1855250000_FantasseriaEastCoast13Nov2021.thumb.jpg.87fc288435e3c715007c381fc4db40c4.jpg

• Like 9

On 11/9/2021 at 11:05 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

Here are the old first generation Linden Home continents still alive as of 9th November 2021. I think the lab should move all these old Linden Home continents near to the Bellisseria continent (south void area) and have water regions linking them all up. 

I personally think Linden Lab should keep the old generation Linden Homes as there is still active community living there. If the lab do decide to shut them down in the next few years that will be not good news. 

1642311285_OldLH.thumb.PNG.e9778ca590070af9bcbc24735327f570.PNG

1a.thumb.PNG.87d33a361a58c7b27b97d5c028acdb44.PNG

2a.thumb.PNG.99f5b279b7e766285534552c1f4dd5c4.PNG

3a.thumb.PNG.c0fa6fc1e6a6a4e9d0d354bc7596a847.PNG

4a.thumb.PNG.5c7e26c0d2cd70bbb5fd64213729676a.PNG

I have long hoped that this might happen after Bellisseria development is complete as I think it likely a lot of first generation Linden Homes will remain owned even at that point. I visited the wonderful Ice Islands south of the most southerly Linden Homes area earlier and was sad that each region had zero traffic in the previous 24 hours. I thought I hope they relocate them as a great point of interest when the Bellisseria project is complete. There is a precedent as the large cruise ship was relocated to the Bellisseria east coast.

I just had a thought maybe an Ice Island relocation would beautifully complement a Linden Home winter theme.....!

• Like 3

On 11/10/2021 at 6:04 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Rich uncles aren't required when there's hundreds of spare regions in the earlier Linden Homes Nascera continents.

Those Nascera regions are just sitting there, mostly unoccupied, abandoned and doing nothing. Just think of what could be done with them. Heres some suggestions, for a start....

1. Sansara continent could have a protected east coastline which allows boats to travel from one end of the continent to the other.

2. Lonely and forgotten Gaeta I continent could be finally completed and linked to Corsica continent.

3. Jeogeot could have an entire outer protected coastline added to it, and have its road network brought up to date, which could being new Residents to settle and develop its weird and bumpy terrain.

4. Gaps in north Sansara continent's terrain could be filled in with new regions which could be bought and developed by residents.

5. Satori continent could have either a complete east or west protected coast (or both!) which would allow boats to travel up/down it's full length.

6. Complete Zindra continent. And perhaps even move it nearer to the main continents.

7. Fix Heterocera continent's single bad coastal region (Tiger) which prevents all boats from completing a full circumnavigation of the entire continent.

Relocate and recycle these Nascera sim regions to places where they're needed.  Or is that too much good common sense?

Lovely suggestions and if I ruled the Linden world they'd all get done.

Back in reality point 1. could presumably be assisted by relocating the Sharp mini continent to Sansara as there is no reason for it to be separate any longer. I realize it is a replica of Sansara so placement would have to be thought through.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 6:04 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

7. Fix Heterocera continent's single bad coastal region (Tiger) which prevents all boats from completing a full circumnavigation of the entire continent.

Patch and Whirly Fizzle kind of addressed that aspiration on this thread..

It would be great to circumnavigate the Atoll, but until they come up with a technical solution I don't see them doing it. 

• Like 4

Returning to Belli ...  SSP3500 got a buddy today, oddly numbered SSP3535.  Both are now covered in the same light green they used for the Fantasy regions.  New work area for finishing the Fantasy buildout, or a new theme?  Hard to say.  The numbering would seem to indicate they're for a new theme.

SSP3500.JPG.8d267699ecccdb4016159c082d4ddf23.JPG

Shortly, LL will have a large inventory of finished-but-unnamed Stilt, Houseboat, Chalet, Log Home, and Fantasy regions.  There are also an appreciable number of named but not claimed Chalet regions, and some Log Regions named-but-protected as well.   I wonder if LL will simply keep most of that inventory in reserve and release them much later, so that newer premium members also get the experience of getting a first-release region, after all the themes are introduced? 

• Like 5

922530088_SSPE2759MoleArt.thumb.png.faa83342b98d0ab013815ce333cf1088.png

Hmm. "Mole Art" or "Mole QR" code?! 🤔

Found these in SSPE2759 and SSPE2758 today. Each of these 22 purple squares measure 32m x 32m.

I think they're actually 22 Fantasy Home parcel boundaries, flat-packed IKEA style, that have been "home delivered" and are ready for "home assembly" there (!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

922530088_SSPE2759MoleArt.thumb.png.faa83342b98d0ab013815ce333cf1088.png

Hmm. "Mole Art" or "Mole QR" code?! 🤔

Found these in SSPE2759 and SSPE2758 today. Each of these 22 purple squares measure 32m x 32m.

I think they're actually 22 Fantasy Home parcel boundaries, flat-packed IKEA style, that have been "home delivered" and are ready for "home assembly" there (!)

Must be what happens after the Moles reach critical mass of home building...  Built so many they are turning their builder tools into alien crop squares

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Flycan, fey pooch, that is one hella big turtle.  Or something.  And it's rising from a swamp.  And look, all the trees around it are dead.  So much for elves!

If I were you, I would just leave it alone.  (2754)

turtle_002.thumb.jpg.11e42e589ad1dc0e8dda0d991006503d.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I  returned to SSPE2759 on the south-east coast of Fantasseria today, one day after finding the mysterious "Mole Art" there, which I surmised were 22 ready-made parcel boundary markers, laid out on the flat and featureless green plain of the new region.

24 hours on and SSPE2759 has been dramatically transformed!  The land and some new waterways have been terraformed and 2759 has had it's parcels marked out - all 22 of them.

507514474_SSPE275917Nov2021_001.thumb.png.8c821014fc33794480360a75ee5d0578.png

But if you think that was impressive, take a look at SSPE2758 to the immediate south, which 24 hours ago, was also as flat and featureless as 2759 was too. Even the 22 parcel boundaries are now active (seen in the Minimap) and have had their 22 respective Fantasy Homes built into 2758.

1637090938_SSPE275817Nov2021_001.thumb.png.897298578f64d4d901ac5c78894ace67.png

Great work from the Moles, they should be commended for their continued efforts and speed. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1178999739_SSPE275918Nov2021_001.thumb.png.8bf54dd128c64905c4ecd1dd07934bac.png

Day 3 in my new imaginary award-winning BBC tv documentary series, "Mole Watch: How The Moles Build Sims" in which I would have Sir David Attenborough narrating in his calm, informative and whispery way. 😜

SSPE2759 has undergone another transformation, it has it's 22 parcels in place and now has it's 22 homes built too. Presently, there are no trees, foliage, mushrooms, rocks and crystals to be seen, or background sounds to be heard.

However, high above the region, there is a huge 256m x 256m green region boundary marker "floating" at 100m, which will be presently be seen on the world map when it updates.  What the green and other colour variations of these sky markers mean, I do not presently know. Perhaps the green is a status marker, meaning "this region is ready to have green stuff like plants, trees and other stuff"?  Just my initial guess from the observations I've made so far.

The extent of the progress that the Moles have made this week has been highly impressive, the "Green" sky markers now continue all the way up to SSPE2765, covering all ten new east coast regions that were added on the 12th November.

The other sky markers around the continent seem to be of specific colours according to age. After green, theres blue, then purple, and some are yellow.  Any ideas of their meanings?

• Haha 4

I have deduced from further observations in Fantasseria, that the Green sky marker regions have houses, but have no trees.

Blue sky markers have regions decorated with trees, but don't have houses yet.

And Purple markers are for regions which have both houses and trees.

Yellow... I don't fully know. They seem to be public/social areas full of trees that don't or won't have houses in them, but then again, some of these yellow marked regions do have houses in them. Which is both confusing and probably wrong.  Perhaps it means "Ready" ?

Up in the Log continent there are some regions with red markers in them, yet nobody seems to live in the houses there, with houses still having individual parcel markers around them.

Over in the Chalet's, theres pink region markers too, which mostly seem to be regions made with coastal docks for new houseboats, although there are no houseboats in them yet.

• Like 4

Mole Watch: Day 4, live from SSPE2759.

No significant visual changes in SSPE2759 from yesterday.  And as of yet, no further additional regions added to Fantasseria's north east coast, which I had rather over-optimistically predicted for today.

Yet.

*waits*

Got bored waiting, so went for a walk back to earlier regions. The Moles appear to have a system of fault checking and advisory markers placed at the various places where they've been busy.

These markers are short and narrow one-metre tall coloured cone prims (pointy-side down) stuck in the ground (or object) and which have floating text hovering above them with various written remarks such as "Ground is flickering", "Move crystal nearer to rock", "Ground higher here" etc.

I found one particular advisory cone stuck in some green turf near a coastline which made me raise an eyebrow as it simply reads "Fluffy", which is something I'm still pondering and curious about....?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I found one particular advisory cone stuck in some green turf near a coastline which made me raise an eyebrow as it simply reads "Fluffy", which is something I'm still pondering and curious about....?!

Well, obviously, there's an urgent need for a cat in residence.  A seaside cat, who's very fluffy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

No "Mole Watch" from SSPE2759 today, as it and neighbouring regions are unchanged and presently Mole-less. Weekends off maybe?

All those advisory cones I previously mentioned have now vanished. Either the issues they highlighted were all corrected, or a rich crop of advisory cones have been harvested for some kind of plywoody-tasting Mole-ish autumn feast. Sadly this also means I'll never get to learn who or what "Fluffy" is or was.

One little amusing nugget I've learnt today, some of the plantlife around Fantaserria seems to be named, as I've just met "Jorge Bush"...!

• Haha 2

• Moles
3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Weekends off maybe?

Some moles take time off.  🙄

3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I'll never get to learn who or what "Fluffy" is or was.

If you have time on your hands, explore the quests in Horizons.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1