SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

4 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

So does anyone think there's *any* likelihood of a new theme reveal at Halloween, with a release around Thanksgiving? (In a fit of boredom 4 weeks ago I upgraded an alt and grabbed a Vic to decorate, and I have Sunday to decide if it's worth my renewing her for a month or 3 months.) I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for something Meadowbrook-y or mid-century modern. 

I don't. I think it's more likely that if there is going to be a theme reveal it will be at or around the time of the SL Christmas Expo held at the American Cancer Society areas (Dec 3-14). It seems like only yesterday I was at the last one.....time flies!

• Like 5

I'm wondering if eventually there will be a theme placed below Fantasy land...there's certainly enough room, although it might not provide good enough connection with the rest of Bellisseria in the way that you can travel by land or sea around or through the other existing areas, unless the sea is filled in at the top where Fantasy land is, so that you could sail upwards.

156341625_Screenshot2021-10-26083513.thumb.jpg.0aec927c64f67a875adbe25005552eee.jpg

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

@Evangeline Arcadia

That's possibly the worst place to put in a new themed continent. In fact, I couldn't find anywhere less accessible or as remote, with the exception of Zindra or Gaeta I continents!

Jeogeot continent (to the west in your map) has no existing navigable east coastline for a theoretical new Bellisseria extension continent to be built alongside there and to share a common coastline.  And by linking up to Jeogeot and Jeogeot''s road routes, that would be stupid, as the routes are hideously sparse, don't go anywhere and don't link up to anything of any actual interest or use. Jeogeot's roads are a poorly designed series of concentric ring roads that have very, very few intersections where to switch between the ring roads.

A second remote and isolated Fantasseria extension there might be perfect, although putting it there would probably and permanantly end all and any hopes and chances for Jeogeot continent getting it's own fully contiguous east coast protected water channel sometime in the future.

This I would firmly object to, as I strongly believe that all SL continents should be (and should have been) created with a navigable protected water channel around the entirety of a continent's coastline.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1

You know, it must be an interesting time to be a Mole.  The pace and locations of development jump around so much now.

First, the breakneck development of the south chalet coast.  That appears to have been completed last week, wow!

Then, the entire west coast of Fantasseria was laid down incredibly quickly.  Moles are now laying out parcels, no new land is showing up.   Landscaping seems to be happening more slowly than during the chalet coast build.  Smaller team working on it.

Then, the 17 or so miscellaneous regions north of the chalets were summarily batted out of the way!  Voom!

An assortment of single SSP regions have shown up, perhaps for Christmas decorating and expo.  People are working on them now and then.  Seems a little early for that.

In Noir, one person seems to be lackadaisically moving around, region to region.  Kind of a classic 'final QA' pattern.  Haven't seen anything happening in SSP83X, usually used for home controller testing, tho.

Today, a single region was added northeast of the chalets.  A random placement by a new-region-grid-placement algorithm?  In that case, it will probably move in short order. Odd that this single region is called "Northeast", tho.  Cannot TP to it.

northeast1.JPG.d9826939a95d49e5a5cbc96d403198e3.JPG

Odd, odd, odd.  I had the impression from earlier Patch statements that they had been planning to get 2 more themes introduced by the end of the year.  Plans change, of course.  Noir has been fairly inactive for a while now, but even if it's almost ready, the LDPW always announces new themes at an OCCASION of some sort ... and the next occasion doesn't happen until the Christmas Expo, early in Dec. 

Hmmm.

Of course, this Halloween has been kind of an occasion.  The costume contest, with $L25K on the table, wraps up tomorrow.  And the Belli Trick or Treat, which has turned into a big, incredibly absorbing activity, wraps up on Monday.

The Fantasy homes were first shown at SL18B, mid-June, released mid-August.  If they announced Noir now-ish, they could be ready to release before Christmas.

Hmmm.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The Fantasy homes were first shown at SL18B, mid-June, released mid-August.  If they announced Noir now-ish, they could be ready to release before Christmas.

Hmmm.

I still think the most likely thing based on past history is a reveal at the Christmas Expo. That could result in a release just before Christmas (Stilts were released last year 21st December).

Or....perhaps there'll be no release (or even demo)  till next year. What if maybe they want to finish up some of the existing work - there are always Bellisseria homes available on the Land page now, so the pressure is off to release themes quickly to meet the demand. So they could perhaps be focusing on the current work outstanding before doing more with the next theme in terms of releases.  I guess we still could see a demo though.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

The Fantasy continent has now its SW coastline regions on the grid, from SSPE2739 (grid coord. 1040,935) to SSPE2747 (grid coord. 1044,931). Here’s my updated map:

GlimmerBelle(20211031).thumb.png.c8397748df914ba88a8084f90bf44457.png

• 36 teal squares are current voids expected to be soon filled with more coastal regions
  • 13 ochre squares are voids where LL could add a single region to make a passage between the realms (as in Dannielles) — maybe as a transient “secret” portal that comes and goes…?
  • 53 grey squares are voids that could be additionally filled (along with the 13 ochre ones) to make all SL sailors really, really happy!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The witch stirs the cauldron on the windswept moor and cackles to her sisters. *

By the *****ing of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes...

Only in this case, it might be something wicked good!  Follow along ...

The "Northeast" region northeast of the chalets persists, has interesting terraforming, and has grown a large building.  Sometimes a single avatar can be seen there.  One cannot TP to it.

1396635659_NortheastNov1smaller.JPG.84bedb9d252912b751ba115023cbd72c.JPG

Abnor has said that eventually all sheer Belli coasts will be finished with a proper coastline.  The red arrows indicate where roads from chalet region Rosebud Hill end at region's edge, further evidence that Belli regions will be put where the red squares are.  And to finish the coastline, a region must also be placed where the green square is, connecting Northest to Belli.

And here's the real kicker.  More regions north of the chalets have been zapped.  If Belli were to connect to Satori's water, anywhere from Stromberg north, only 3 regions (shown in green) would have to be added to Satori to provide sailable water from Samsara and Jeogeot to the Blake Sea via Belli.  And that would be ...

MERRY FRIGGIN' CHRISTMAS!!!!  No matter what time of year it happened. 

🙏🙏🙏

Satori.thumb.JPG.d240dfb008996e129bf16d054fdd8527.JPG

ETA: Well!  Forum has censored William Shakespeare! How dare it!  /me t*w*i*t*c*hes her thumb at the offending software.

Edited by Nika Talaj
Change caveat about how high up Belli would have to.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

The region "Northeast" has been moved elsewhere, so the Satori coast is now clear.  In magenta, we have the newly available grid space.  As shown in the pic, it would be possible to join Satori as far up as Atanua without being adjacent to any of the standalone regions, should LL wish. That would create a very clear passage to the Blake Sea.

And, of course, there is the immense space east of the chalets and Satori as well.  And, in the next picture, we see another large empty space southeast of LogLand & Fantasseria.  LL has choices as to where they eventually place "Noir".

The 2nd pic notes, in magenta, the small section of LogLand coast that would be really nice to have filled in, since it would create a waterway directly between Olde Bellisseria and the Stilts.  Ah well.

832630529_Spacechaletssmall.JPG.a12ac7416b2c3838270f5fde827f6bc9.JPG

207418967_Spacelogland.JPG.12fa4162b935c24664cac41df55df380.JPG

That's a whole lot of empty grid.

I have wondered at times if it would make sense to take one of the old LH continents and move it near to Belli. and provide a navigable link to it (except for the premium sandboxes, I guess).   Are there any continents that host ALL of the old LH styles, I wonder?  They could make that the only old continent on the land page.  Might provide a nice "migration path" for any who prefer the old LHs to Belli.

But I'm sure there are reasons why this, like most of my ideas, is terrible.  Ah well, again.

Edited by Nika Talaj
add old linden home bit.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@Nika Talaj

There is no need for new coastal regions to go as far north as Atanua, as there is a navigable west coast protected water channel in Satori that already extends all the way down (around all sides of Satori's 4-region island) to Stromberg.

A total of 18 new regions between Stromberg and Carmine Sky are all that is required to make Satori's entire west coast fully navigable to boats.

Similarly and hypothetically, 21 new regions placed between Furball and Ptesanwi would make the entire east coast of Satori navigable to boats too.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5

I believe Nika's point is that if/when LL slot in a new LL theme west of Satori, then LL wont even need the 18 new regions you're suggesting.

The new theme is likely to extend far enough north that all LL will need to do is add 3 water regions around Atanua (depending on placement, one single region might be all that's required).

Placing a giant row of of 18 regions where you're suggesting (Stromberg - Carmine Sky) is not only far more costly for  LL, but it means that sailors still need to navigate an absurdly narrow waterway to reach Atanua, including a nightmare corner crossing at the north-east corner of Hathor.

It's makes little sense for LL to go to the trouble and expense to  implement this idea, when they have another option that will be far cheaper, look better, and save them from further complaints about narrow channels and tight squeezes ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

Probably teleports you to the new upcoming Community Center or maybe to Portal Park, lol

The first portal from SSPE2244 goes to the region Mirrorpond http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mirror Pond/118/132/5, the second in SSPE2233 goes to the region Jacksprite http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE2233/247/7/2. Neither go to the Portal Park. I would suspect SSPE2539 to be the upcoming Fantasy community region since it's yet to be built on

• Like 4