Jump to content

SSP?


Garnet Psaltery

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I still say the next theme will be north of the Chalet area, possibly extending to north of the Stilt and Log areas too if it's going to be a huge theme. Logically it ticks all the right boxes:

Well, it ticks all of OUR boxes.  Also Abnor said very clearly, recently, that they intend to eventually put proper coastlines on all Belli continents that have sheer edges, so it checks those boxes as well.  But I am not sure about an actual THEME going up north right now, simply because there are at least 11 regions that would have to be cleared out.  Below, the red X is on a region that has left the grid, and the red box on the right indicates two regions that recently came onto the grid.  We will see what LL intends to do, by and by, of course.

1025775861_Northcommented.thumb.JPG.48b761bc151fa1a06581b3cf7f850eff.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I still say the next theme will be north of the Chalet area, possibly extending to north of the Stilt and Log areas too

My guess is different - I think because there is so much more room to the east of Bellisseria that the next themes will go there. There are less regions to move compared to north . I'm not putting money on it though😄

There are a couple of themes left to do if I remember correctly, and Patch even hinted in one of the interviews that there could possibly be another.

slmap_1.thumb.jpg.fb9f5a404cdde39a8190800d0d6b1d2a.jpg

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Up in the SSP area, there are 2 moles in Noir and, weirdly, 5 (yes FIVE) moles in SSP2500 (one of the chalet development regions hanging out on the edge).

1330858404_5moles.JPG.5c709d67ceb2d1f41ec49d5ba0d5b092.JPG

 

Oh, jeez.  SSP2500 is NOT a chalet development region, it's a FANTASY development region!  Duh!

SO, what do you think, will SSPE2539 be emerging from its chrysalis soon?

Capture.JPG.b5a1f8432d2a2ab0904d46f7683079b9.JPG

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think the far East will be the last theme and some sort of Asian theme. Far East/Asian adds a sort of congruency as west is American, the so-called "Chalet" area is faux-European.

The unbuilt Northern edges allow for expansion of the Trads/Vics/Logs/Stilts/Chalets themes. Exact needs will become clearer once remaining themes are unveiled and in-place.

Which leaves area south & south-east of the Stilts as most likely for next theme. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The northwest corner of the Fantasy subcontinent is getting a coastline this morning.  Terraforming looking beautiful! (eta: there is now only one nonexistent region separating Victorian Highmarket, as well as Nelson Eddy, from Fantasseria).

1269653826_northwestfantasy.thumb.JPG.ef6d4c03bf9aedeb9148892b9fbeab65.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yes, Asian theme would be wonderful!  Years ago I had one of the older Linden homes in Japanese style...and would love to have another but with the more advanced designs and features as in the other homes the clever moles are now installing.  Japanese would be fine, but perhaps some other Asian cultures too for more options.  If new Asian homes were offered, I'd keep my current stilt on pier (which serves as my personal art studio) and promote my alt to premium to get the new Linden home in an Asian style.

Hope this new Asian initiative might happen soon, although moles are still busy dealing with the many existing themes.  Keeping fingers crossed!

 

Edited by Seaplane Jonson
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

there is now only one nonexistent region separating Victorian Highmarket, as well as Nelson Eddy, from Fantasseria

I love to see Fantasseria getting its coasts landscaped, but it's possible to finish it all around without adding any other connection to the rest of Mainland (in spite of Barneys Fief looking so promising!). The new regions currently being added (SSPE2722 to SSPE2730) are some of the teal squares on the map below:GlimmerBelle210809.thumb.png.ae8e9166c170927034773d97c5947a04.png

Will all of them be added? I hope so, but some of the olive squares would have to be also filled with new regions to have a connection with the rest of Mainland, as was done with Dannielles and Glimmer Bay regions.

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moles have placed homes on the entire new northwest Fantasseria coastline, except for SSPE2728 & 29, adjacent regions that are evidently destined to be a very nice park.  The circle is a rez zone.

730351473_SSPE2728and29.JPG.55eccd028ad98a06cfd90f05ec489d49.JPG

To my eyes it looks like the moles could finish the Fantasseria coastline without touching any other Belli or Mainland regions (notice the careful terraforming near Hanjin). That would be very much in line with Patch's statements about this subcontinent, and it's a very pretty concept, having Fantasseria reachable only through a stormy portal.  However, as noted above, there is only ONE missing region between Highmarket's waters and the new park ... it would be so cool to have VictoriBelle, which is so beautiful, connect with Fantasseria!  Ah well ...

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's something unusual: we can actually see where LL moved a 2-region estate to clear out space to build out the northern coast of the chalets.  It isn't all that far away, lending further doubt to the theory that new themes will be built above the chalets.  Castaway Island and Port Royal had recently joined the grid and (mistakenly?) were placed right above Buffalo Springs.  Now the map shows them as "loading" (i.e. not actually present on the grid), and the same regions now are in the far left of this pic.

The unrelated region with the pink X also shows as "loading", which is probably coincidence.  Other regions below it are still in place.

410123334_CastawayIsland.thumb.JPG.6ba95b6dc8ce24158ad7226d066a4a05.JPG

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those 2 regions that were moved, were placed 24-regions to the west.

If you think that's only a short distance, consider the following:

  • The Chalet theme is currently 20 regions wide
  • The Fantiserria theme is currently 15 regions wide
  • The finished Victorian theme (original release) is 13 regions wide at its widest point, 2 of which are open waterway regions
  • The original Bellisseria continent is 20 regions wide from West Ivory on the western coast right across to the Wood region in the 9-region add-on sub-continent in the east.

So a 24 wide region space is more than enough for northward expansion, if its designed to run relatively close to the Satori coast, possibly with a protected waterway between the two.

Now, besides from the 2 confirmed private regions being moved in that 24 region gap , there's another seven private regions in that space. Of those seven, not one, but four now show as "loading".  So over 50% of regions in that little area all show as "loading"... coincidence? I don't think so ;) 

Yes they have space to extend south-east.. but that goes nowhere, and they still have two themes minimum to build, so whilst I can see them doing something in the south-east, I'm still confident the north will be developed as well. Regardless, we will all have a better idea when we see what the region north of Lavon looks like.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 5:37 PM, Nika Talaj said:

The northwest corner of the Fantasy subcontinent is getting a coastline this morning.  Terraforming looking beautiful! (eta: there is now only one nonexistent region separating Victorian Highmarket, as well as Nelson Eddy, from Fantasseria).

1269653826_northwestfantasy.thumb.JPG.ef6d4c03bf9aedeb9148892b9fbeab65.JPG

Great information thank you @Nika Talaj

I've just has a sail along the new coastline and can confirm that you can already sail into Selinofoto meaning that there can remain a void between SSPE2730 and Nelson Eddy. This suggests that the next new coastline region will be west of Selinofoto:

image.thumb.png.563737af0507784c35302eb8d03ee31b.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot get Flycan to move from his perch 42m high in SSPE2729.  He says he is going to remain there until the moles rename the region Cthulhu and put a Scylla-like animesh creature there, guarding a passage to Highmarket.

Quote

While Scylla was bathing in the sea, the jealous Circe poured a baleful potion into the sea water which caused Scylla to transform into a frightful monster with four eyes and six long snaky necks equipped with grisly heads, each of which contained three rows of sharp shark's teeth. Her body consisted of 12 tentacle-like legs and a cat's tail, while six dog's heads ringed her waist. In this form, she attacked the ships of passing sailors, seizing one of the crew with each of her heads.

Another perilous portal to Fantasseria!

onthehill.thumb.JPG.2db8900f31dbcab7ad83903ab3319dfa.JPG

Fantasy dog alts are prone to fantasies ;)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2021 at 1:16 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Moles have placed homes on the entire new northwest Fantasseria coastline, except for SSPE2728 & 29, adjacent regions that are evidently destined to be a very nice park.  The circle is a rez zone.

730351473_SSPE2728and29.JPG.55eccd028ad98a06cfd90f05ec489d49.JPG

To my eyes it looks like the moles could finish the Fantasseria coastline without touching any other Belli or Mainland regions (notice the careful terraforming near Hanjin). That would be very much in line with Patch's statements about this subcontinent, and it's a very pretty concept, having Fantasseria reachable only through a stormy portal.  However, as noted above, there is only ONE missing region between Highmarket's waters and the new park ... it would be so cool to have VictoriBelle, which is so beautiful, connect with Fantasseria!  Ah well ...

I have a house on the south side of Highmarket---I could get some binoculars and stand watch!? LOL

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2021 at 11:29 PM, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Regardless, we will all have a better idea when we see what the region north of Lavon looks like.

Indeed!  At this moment, more regions have cleared out above the chalets, though not Halsey Island, closest to mainland.  The white rectangle shows the approx. location of the two regions which moved to that location earlier.  They are there and green dots come and go, but they have not convinced the map to show them at most zooms.  It's interesting to watch the grid evolve like this.

clearout.JPG.d0bf5e79a8b0ce4e569945a22908e22e.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Indeed!  At this moment, more regions have cleared out above the chalets, though not Halsey Island, closest to mainland.  The white rectangle shows the approx. location of the two regions which moved to that location earlier.  They are there and green dots come and go, but they have not convinced the map to show them at most zooms.  It's interesting to watch the grid evolve like this.

 

Oooh, exciting. It will be interesting to see how it develops here. I was thinking about the number of homes they need to still provide to move the old home residents out, and considering the demand we've seen already, I think a lot more homes still need to be built (including the two forthcoming themes) to cater for that plus have enough for future demand, so perhaps they will build more existing homes in one of the empty areas e.g. Stilts, houseboats, more trads or whatever.

The Moles certainly have their plates full...Fantasy coastline to finish...Chalet coastline to finish...Stilt coastlines to finish...Logland coastline to finish...build new themes (unless they are both done)...phew....

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 Oct 21

The entire western half of Fantasseria now has coastline (not all showing on the map as yet), down to Minimus Fen. Fantasseria continues its proud isolation from all surrounding lands.  But an enterprising explorer can hover at the edge of SSPE2734, draw distance set high, until all of Fantasseria's coastline rezzes.  Then s/he can move quickly to the eastern edge of the Forgotten Garden in Hanjin, and for a number of seconds, get a view of the Forgotten Garden WITH the Fantasseria coastline.  Then .. Fantasseria will, as Virgil Jones would have it, dance the Weakdance til the end.

And also, there's this, as of this morning. All regions west and north of the ones in the pic are still there.  Draw your own conclusions!  I say, Satori, prepare for near-ish neighbors :)  Maybe not this next theme, which (personally) I bet will be ongrid before Christmas.  But sometime ...

clearout2.JPG.ea84d26c893c7c45e75c3ab842367bfe.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
Fix pic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

SSPLOH region has changed visually this weekend via the map. 

image.png.e6975f668bc310644daa6dd11296df3e.png

Looks like a mix of homes - obv. 3 houseboats in NE. Wild guess time :) so maybe LOH is Linden Openplan Homes and this is a reveal region at an upcoming event of "openplan" versions of some existing themes. As HBs are already openplan, maybe 3 new HB styles?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, LoganPryor said:

Looks like a mix of homes - obv. 3 houseboats in NE. Wild guess time :) so maybe LOH is Linden Openplan Homes and this is a reveal region at an upcoming event of "openplan" versions of some existing themes. As HBs are already openplan, maybe 3 new HB styles?

It looks just like one of the demo regions from last year (I think) at one of the events or it's the  the home decorating region from the SL Christmas Expo. But I can't remember which.  Since the SL Christmas Expo is coming up I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter. It's definately familiar though (the region name too).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

It looks just like one of the demo regions from last year (I think) at one of the events or it's the  the home decorating region from the SL Christmas Expo. But I can't remember which.  Since the SL Christmas Expo is coming up I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter. It's definately familiar though (the region name too).

Yup!  Last year, this region (SSP Lights Of Hope) at the Christmas Expo hosted Linden Homes decorated by Lindens.  We were able to vote (via donation kiosk) for the decoration we liked best.  IIRC, there was some trick to the voting to drive more donations, maybe you were supposed to vote for the houses you DIDN'T want to win?  Or they were divided into teams and you voted for the team you wanted to win?

Patch's decorations last year featured 3 meter island, lol.

1697335782_Patchxmas2020.thumb.jpg.ba6949c633ec8b58f15aca8f2db173c3.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So does anyone think there's *any* likelihood of a new theme reveal at Halloween, with a release around Thanksgiving? (In a fit of boredom 4 weeks ago I upgraded an alt and grabbed a Vic to decorate, and I have Sunday to decide if it's worth my renewing her for a month or 3 months.) I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for something Meadowbrook-y or mid-century modern. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...