Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:25 AM, Tisori said:

I was randomly thinking and the question of .... when you first meet some one, or even some one you have known for a short time, what random line seems to annoy you most ? I have had a couple but I know others have had more .  I am just curious as to what they might be . Biggest one for me, when I  haven't even met a person and instead of saying hi or hello its, " hey baby want to have sex ? "  or " I'll make you wish you were never with another guy " . What are some of your biggest line annoyances  in SL ?

When I first meet someone I get really annoyed with questions about my real life on first minutes. Like this:

Them: hi

Me: hi

Them: age sex location?

Me ignores

Or this (happened to me last week):

Them: hi

Me: hi

Them: did u see my pic on my profile? ( It's supposed to be a picture of him in real life. )

Me: yes

Them: have u pic of u too?

Me: yes

Them: where? show me

Me: in rl. not in sl.

Them: oh, how about voice, skype?

Me: no. no.

Them: I mean when I say pics, voice, skype, just to know who really are you, nothing else. and then lets time decide for something more

Me: I understand, but no. I'm not looking for something more. have you tried tinder or dating sites?

no answer

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Hey baby, Lets have sex, Hi beautiful... anything that digs into personal stuff right out of the gate... ugh ? 

stupid lines and anything canned gets ignored.

Lastly, when the motive is getting sex instead of getting to know me, I get turned off quickly.

ohh... sending friend requests or TP within the first 5 min... yuck ? 

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

So send me a ur hawt and you just might find yourself hearing ALLLLL about this really fascinating culture in what's now Afghanistan and Pakistan called Gandhara which left, amongst other things, some brilliant artefacts, often out of red or yellow sandstone, combining Greek and Buddhist imagery and artistic styles. Cause that's how I roll baby. B|

Life's too short to waste it being annoyed at others.

Wow. That does sound fascinating. I need to check that out. How do I start this lecture series? Oh, right - "ur hawt".

Or maybe I should just stop by your store.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spin Barbosa said:

Wow. That does sound fascinating. I need to check that out. How do I start this lecture series? Oh, right - "ur hawt".

Or maybe I should just stop by your store.

:D

The Gandharan pieces never sold, except to a collector friend, so I felt I couldn't justify the prims or space when I had to relocate in August. A favourite Buddha is out back though. I can figure out a place to put some more if you would like to see them. Send me a friend request inworld if you like.

I had one that cracked me up later, but at the time I was a little PO’d.

*ding ding*

Him: oh you have Flickr, nice! 

Me: I see you have one too. (It has about 6 pictures of not the greatest quality)

Him: Yeah, What are you up to today?

Me: Oh, I was shopping earlier. Just hanging out.

Him: You should show me what you bought, maybe do some modeling for me.

Me: Why would I want to do that?

(short pause)

Him: BECAUSE I SAID SO!

Me: Not that kind of party my friend. Have a nice day.

Him: Oh.... sorry. :)

(I’ve moved away from him and closed his box)

(10 mins pass)

*ding ding*

Him: Hey, can you follow me on Flickr?

• Haha 8

59 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

“I want to buy an X, it costs L$Y..”

..begging by hinting.

I always reply to those and offer to help!

"No problem! Pass me the L$Y plus 500L Service fee and I'll have X in your hands faster than you can blink!"

And for those who spam groups with "Can anyone loan me 100L I need to pay rent due..." My reply: "I'll loan it to you, no problem. Just pay a 500L security deposit and I'll spot you the 100L right now."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

"I want to be friends" - as the 3rd line... (just happened today - on a SL - themed discord server - or well an IM in Discord but we´re on a SL-themed server...I was shocked that they now go THIS far... )

I tell everyone that I don't rely on some stupid list to determine my friends and that it's just a doorbell. If you want on that list you'd better be willing to give me your in-world time because that's what that list is for :)

34 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I tell everyone that I don't rely on some stupid list to determine my friends and that it's just a doorbell. If you want on that list you'd better be willing to give me your in-world time because that's what that list is for :)

gave them my standard "I´m new to SL " answer to check in here, browse blogs and youtube for tutorials and that friendship isn´t determined by being on somebody´s list. furthermore I told them it´s considered rude and will lead to being blocked if they are pushy and impudent like that and friendship needs to be earned over time...

I had a fun one yesterday.

[2018/10/22 13:23]  Ayela (ayelanewlife): hiya
[2018/10/22 13:23]  him: nice avi :)
[2018/10/22 13:26]  Ayela (ayelanewlife): thank you!
[2018/10/22 13:26]  him: do you want chocolate ? :)

Oh yes, I would love a bit of chocolate right now, let me just zoom in to see who this kind stranger is... oh, he means the penor. That's disappointing. Time to close the conversation.

Edited by AyelaNewLife
  • Haha 5

I got one yesterday to share

Him: Hi

Me: Hi

Him: COME HERE  <sends TP when I am literally 10M  away>

Me: errr what?

Him: COME HERE

Me:  zooms cam to see him naked on one of my store beds with you know what standing to attention

Me:  Yeah like that's going to happen  * clicks eject teleport home*

Him:  Did you do that?

Me: Yep 1. Nobody tells me to "come here" and 2.  (insert word for forums that rhymes with looking) strangers in my store is not going to happen.  Read profiles before you try that technique

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I got one yesterday to share

Him: Hi

Me: Hi

Him: COME HERE  <sends TP when I am literally 10M  away>

Me: errr what?

Him: COME HERE

Me:  zooms cam to see him naked on one of my store beds with you know what standing to attention

Me:  Yeah like that's going to happen  * clicks eject teleport home*

Him:  Did you do that?

Me: Yep 1. Nobody tells me to "come here" and 2.  (insert word for forums that rhymes with looking) strangers in my store is not going to happen.  Read profiles before you try that technique

YOU AND ME were at Secret Beach at the same time this morning Bahahaha!

I replied, "Why would I do that?" to his "Come here girl" (with TP button) - I cam over and he's already "going at it" to thin air. ~laughs. Hard. In RL~ THEN he stood up and sat on another lounger that had some guy already on it and he starts changing the pose, the guy stands up quick (it was funny, it looked like he "jump up in shock")

Definitely an entertaining morning. At least his man bits were a reasonable size and color-matched for a one  week old alt still wearing Stray Dog tag :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I really wonder if that works because all it does to me is bring down the shutters and occasionally a slight red mist and I really want to embarrass them for it 

I thought it was odd for sure because I wasn't wearing *anything* that could even be mistaken for a collar, though feminine AO it certainly didn't suggest anything submissive and I was dressed sensually, but hardly provocatively. These were the first things that went through my mind at the time. That's when I realized it must be a copy/paste thing for him  ~shakes her with hearty chuckles~

Why do they think such chat will lead to anything other than total failure?????  I just don't get that at all.

In SL a guy can hit up a girl without anyone around knowing, so no embarrassment at being rejected, but they still don't understand the word charm...............

Or is it simply that guys think its a game so they dispense with niceties?????  I dunno, its baffling.

How many total failures does it take before they realise???????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:

Reads thread

shakes head sadly and throws the new book of "Lines guaranteed to land you a sexy lady" in the bin after seeing them all dissed before wandering of to a virginal future with slumped shoulders

Hey, it's ok to be an SL virgin. I've been one for 14 years, almost 15. I'm rather proud of that fact. ^_^

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.