Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Hey,Don't throw things on my counter Mr. MAN!! \o/

That's the sort of whinging I'd hear from my ex-husband as he pushed a paint tray or random-orbit sander away from his coffee maker. He isn't quite a neat freak, and I'm not quite slovenly, but there's a gap we were never able to bridge. I'm always fixing or making something, so the house is in a perpetual state of re/construction. The dining room and dinette tables are used as workbenches or staging areas (I eat at the island), until I have company over. Then the house briefly takes on the appearance of being owned by a normal person.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

"I know this is random, but.............."

Because that "but" is always followed by some sort of pick-up line

I know this is random, but it's really difficult to tell which direction a hummingbird will move next.

Sometimes random is random. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

it's really difficult to tell which direction a hummingbird will move next.

That got me to google "hummingbird flocking behavior", which returned this...

Watching that reminded me of the wasps that nested in the ceiling above my kitchen sink some years ago, via a hole in the eave outside. While preparing meals, I'd watch their traffic pattern. Approaching wasps had a gently arcing, decelerating approach, sometimes swerving to avoid other inbound traffic. The departure flight pattern was distinctly different, as if each wasp had been fired from a pea shooter, straight into the sky.

• Like 2

The appearance of random simply denotes a lack of information concerning the event being observed. Plinko appears random by magnifying imperceptible differences, we are unable to predict the absolute outcome from observation of starting conditions or inspection of the game, however there is no dispute that it like everything else it is bound by the laws of physics. AKA cold hard math.

Hummingbirds are significantly more complicated flying plinko machines.

There is no free will.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The appearance of random simply denotes a lack of information concerning the event being observed.

While that's probably true, it's also probably true that we cannot have all the information. The laws of physics include Heisenberg's uncertainty. If you watch the humming bird video I linked, you might (as I did) spot a pattern in the overall humming bird activity, just as I did with the wasps above my kitchen window. But, as with quantum effects, patterns spotted at the macro level may tell you very little about behavior at the individual level. If you dive deep enough into the physics of your Plinko machine, you'll discover you can't work the exact solution.

And that's why I only believe we don't have free will, I don't know that for certain.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

I was litterally trying a new bento head and body, looked like an idiot because there is demos everywhere on my body and around it. and some random dude IMed me: "your avie is really hot, wanna come play?" I replied :"im trying demos at my house, you have to be really desperate for sex!" and blocked him.

Edited by Faie Chrome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 30.06.2018 at 11:33 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Yesterday while placing out a new product in the store:  Ki is literally right beside me as he sets up the vendor and I am rezzing the furniture demo and positioning it. A week old guy   jumps onto the lounger i am placing.  1 second, yep there we go flashing IM...

Him : I want trying

Me: Trying?

Him: Sexe

Me: Good luck with that

Him: We can us try together

Me: Not sure Ki wants to try.  I have tried him though, he is not your type.  (resets scripts on furniture and kicks him off only for him to jump back on *sighs*)

he is perfect english noob,lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They: "Hi"

Me: "Hello"

They: "Howz you?"

Me: "I'z iz finez"

[...crickets]

I like to have fun and I always play the mirror. For example: the always annoying status quo of:

They: "How R U?"

Me: "I R Gr8, U?"

Then when I switch to 733t-speak it totally messes them up :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Or, if you have a way to quickly convert text to special annoying fonts (extended charset). That’s always super annoying.

In your mirror game, if someone switched to voice, would you?

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Or, if you have a way to quickly convert text to special annoying fonts (extended charset). That’s always super annoying.

In your mirror game, if someone switched to voice, would you?

Yes. If I'm able (the house is quiet and it wouldn't annoy anyone else)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Then, voice is next level. If they are weird in voice, you can be same-style weird!!

Precisely!

Ooooh, give me the idea to maybe subscribe to voice morphing because I think there's an annoying robot voice in there! :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

On 09 July 2018 at 5:44 AM, Panteleeva said:

for example you met nice person and then you have nice friendship, but in one day this person starts to ask you to change shape, clothes,etc.And starts to say thet he/she don t like the way you talk/behave.

There's are official words for people like that...

"Men"

"Spouse"

:D

On 09 July 2018 at 10:52 AM, SamMoon777 said:

when random person calls you alts of any of his friends and cant proof

There was one drama llama at a place I used to hang out, who would automatically accuse ANYONE who ever disagreed with her, of being an alt of her most recent enemy, because she was too damn stupid to remember the names of all of them.

She once accused me of being an alt of two people who are very definately not the same person and not me, and not only did i dislike both of, but who actively HATED each other and had sworn blood feud over charges of "Sub Stealing"...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

They: "Hi"

Me: "Hello"

They: "Howz you?"

Me: "I'z iz finez"

[...crickets]

I like to have fun and I always play the mirror. For example: the always annoying status quo of:

They: "How R U?"

Me: "I R Gr8, U?"

I usually respond like that or respond to weird with bigger weird. You can see the loading wheel spinning above their heads when you respond in an unexpected way.

1E9AC3EE-494E-4095-A777-54091C9FDBA5.gif

On 6/19/2018 at 4:02 AM, AnyaJurelle said:

Auto-response to non-friends: "I'm sorry. The number you have dialed is busy. Please hang up and try again later."

Haven't been pestered by a single loser or their cousin, moron, since leaving that on.

Mine is "I'm sorry but the number you have dialed is out of order. If I find order in my life I'll get back to you."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.