Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:22 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Who's Somone?

A city is Senegal, Africa.. 

8 hours ago, Tisori said:

I agree alot with the hugs and kisses ... Usually if they say  * kisses* i will respond with , sorry cant kiss back, just had pizza with garlic . 

Wouldn't bother me, i put garlic salt on my popcorn.. Pucker up, sweetheart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can pretty much ignore or roll with the "hru" first-liners unless I'm just not in the mood, then the box is closed and I move on.

But what really gets under my skin is when someone's first words are any variation of "come" - or a random TP that more than likely leads to a sex place. Random emotes freak me out, as do messages from someone that is not in the area, saying "ur pretty/sexy" ... to combat that, for a while, I changed my picture to my one here in the forum and when any IMs like that would come, I would neigh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One of my favorite opening lines I heard was from a newbie who obviously was well versed in classic plays/movies when she sauntered over to me and said:

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

I realized immediately the words from A Streetcar Named Desire, and that she was playing Blanche DuBois, one of Tennessee Williams greatest fictional characters.  Or was she fictional I wanted to ask her?  As I typed my response she faded to black teleporting away never to be seen again.

image.png.69d35255533cd6122428af90845f4751.png

"Hey baby how you doing"

I don't even like my real husband calling me baby, what makes you think i want to hear it from a complete stranger online? Furthermore this completely gives away their intentions in the first line.

• Like 6

any avi can write anything he/she wants. But when it s too much about "what i hate" in pics like 

Empty profiles !!!
- I dont answer " Hello , Hi , Wanna f*** " etc IM's!!!
- No Paym.used profiles > KIDDOS !!!
- Prim babys !!!
- PG rated lifestyle !!!
- UGLY AVATARS ! USE money to make yourself HOT !!!  
- Griefers!!!
- Cheaters with Partners !!!
- Guys with them rl pics  

• Like 1

The worst thing I hate is someone sending freenis pics,only they're not the sl freenis's..

Just sitting there talking to someone that hasn't even dropped a clue other than starting up a conversation..Then they must just figure,go all out or go home, and send a pic that I figure is just a normal pic..

That's the worst for me.. Everything normal one moment,then the next, OMG guy!! I was eating !! \o/

• Haha 1

That's why I don't accept pictures from people I don't know.
Some seem to genuinely think their member is so glorious that it'll make me hump them the second I see it, some are just exibitionists who don't care whether or not you like it, all they care about is that you've seen it. I kinda like taking that away from them. I got issues.

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

That's why I don't accept pictures from people I don't know.
Some seem to genuinely think their member is so glorious that it'll make me hump them the second I see it, some are just exibitionists who don't care whether or not you like it, all they care about is that you've seen it. I kinda like taking that away from them. I got issues.

I don't take anything from anyone anymore..Not for a few years now..

Well,unless I recognize the brand name and shop there..hehehehe

On 6/1/2018 at 2:25 AM, Tisori said:

I was randomly thinking and the question of .... when you first meet some one, or even some one you have known for a short time, what random line seems to annoy you most ? I have had a couple but I know others have had more .  I am just curious as to what they might be . Biggest one for me, when I  haven't even met a person and instead of saying hi or hello its, " hey baby want to have sex ? "  or " I'll make you wish you were never with another guy " . What are some of your biggest line annoyances  in SL ?

most annoyin lines is the ban lines or the only groupe members can enter line make me so mad

41 minutes ago, Avalyn Valeska said:

The most annoying to me is "wanna skype?"......... I'm here hanging out in Second Life to basically chill and get a break from real life for a while, so no random dude an awkward skype encounter with you is NOT on my agenda.

The way it’s awkwardly hinted at too. Usually in the span of 3 mins of meeting.

Rando: Do you use mic?

Me: Sure, sometimes when I feel like talking.

Rando: Yeah, it’s just so much easier than typing.

Me: except you have to be on a sim with voice enabled, adjust the volume, etc, etc. It’s kinda not, but ok.

Rando: That’s Ok we could always Skype.

Me: (Thought bubble) I don’t even knooooooww yoooooooou!

(What I end up typing) I really don’t feel comfortable Skyping with people I just met. There’s a lot of weirdos on here.

Rando: Why?

Me:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I'm dancing my single dances in a club. Random IM coming from distance:

Him: hey
Him: couple dance?
( I checked his profile... almost empty, just some groups there...)
(After 8 minutes as I didn't reply anything...):
Him: seems afk you are
(And still after 23 more minutes...):
Him: hey can we dance together?

I just continued pretending to be afk. -_-
Of course that was a bit rude from me, but there was nothing interesting in his approach and profile.

But then there was other man who knew how to start IM and how to chat nicely.
We had very interesting long discussion and even danced together. Thank you, you saved my day.

• Like 3

Yesterday, in an IM while I was at MD:

They: hi

Me: hello there

(literally nothing for like an hour, while I was talking with others in open chat and other IMs)

They went offline

I mean, WHEN you message someone, be polite enough to at least attempt to keep the conversation you just started going, instead of stopping at "hello" or "hi". >:(

• Haha 1

On 28.6.2018 at 7:48 PM, Panteleeva said:

Spam HUDs annoys me much, something like pregnancy huds, which sens messages every 5 mins

Also some bondage gear that is not set to silence. At some places, these things are even the only ones talking in Open chat - and spamming it with their messages. O.o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Him: seems afk you are

Give Yoda some slack. Little guys are terrific dancers.

I've experienced the following at least two times: noob walks up and asks a seemingly legit noob question. But, as a comprehensive answer starts to form in my head and my hands reach for the keyboard, the noob walks past and disappears into the distance, far far from sight and chat range. Maybe it's an attention span thing those generation Z-ers seem to suffer from .

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.