Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I've got this one guy that IM's me every few days with some variation of a spanking emote. If he says hi I'll respond, but every time he does that I close the conversation.

Currently up to 11 attempts, he's still not gotten the hint.

Oh my....starts pacing mumbling to yourself "You won't start sending Ayela spanking emotes to add to her gaiety"...slowly getting closer to the keyboard as the lure becomes stronger

• Like 1

I'm sure everyone is used to the standard 'Hi' . . . 'how are you' IMs; sometimes i'm so bored of them I do have my idea of 'fun'

Ages ago, I had a conversation that went something like this:

Him (in Spanish) Hi

Me (Spanish) Hi

Him (Spanish) How are you?

Me (Spanish) I don't speak Spanish

At this point he switches to English and asks the million dollar question:

Him: Where are you from?

Me: Spain!

Then he got totally confused, because that isn't in the standard script for how to speak to women

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

when guy talks to me at first friendly,and then even flirts,it s ok, but it s awkward when this dude before dissapear saying:oh if you wanna something more, please check my partner box first.lol dude i looked at your profile after you said HI and saw your partner.No idea why people use any little chance to say HEY SEE I HAVE PARTNER!

39 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

when guy talks to me at first friendly,and then even flirts,it s ok, but it s awkward when this dude before dissapear saying:oh if you wanna something more, please check my partner box first.lol dude i looked at your profile after you said HI and saw your partner.No idea why people use any little chance to say HEY SEE I HAVE PARTNER!

The appropriate response to this is, "Weird flex but OK."

On 6/1/2018 at 3:25 AM, Tisori said:

I was randomly thinking and the question of .... when you first meet some one, or even some one you have known for a short time, what random line seems to annoy you most ? I have had a couple but I know others have had more .  I am just curious as to what they might be . Biggest one for me, when I  haven't even met a person and instead of saying hi or hello its, " hey baby want to have sex ? "  or " I'll make you wish you were never with another guy " . What are some of your biggest line annoyances  in SL ?

"Yes, I am dancing with my partner, but she is cool with me having sl sex with others......."?

• Haha 2

Oh I have a few...

- "Wanna sex?" ...when I'm not even at an adult or sex venue... I'm browsing at a store so...

yNlQWRM.thumb.jpg.b6b96b30b263dc4b976cca7742eb140c.jpg

- One time (at band camp), someone I had just met kept pushing me to give out my phone number and facebook details. It's like, sure, there aren't enough stalkers in this world ?

- And this other time, someone approached me, started spilling some sob story that they're really struggling and need money for food in RL, and kept begging me to transfer lindens to them. I had only one word for that... Ew.

• Haha 1

And the "you're beautiful" comments - I don't hate them... just that whenever someone says that, at the back of my mind I'm thinking... you do realise don't actually look like that... right? I mean.. I could actually be an 80 year old, bald dude (nothing wrong with that btw, just saying 'cause that's not what my av is).

• Like 2

On 6/6/2018 at 7:32 PM, ellestones said:

i tend to flat random IMs from random people

them: hi. me: hi

then leave it to them to continue

other flat responses

them: pretty avatar. me: thanks

them: I love you. me: me too

them: are you a girl? me: Yes. them: are you a boy?: me:Yes. them: are you a frog/pony/kitten/giraffe/hippopotamus? me: Yes

and sometimes a bit more than flatting if I got nothing else to do

them: Do you do it?  me: sure. them: I teleport you baby. [after some time] them: did you get the TP? me: No. them: Now? me: No. Must be broken

them: What you do on SL babe you sexy thing? me: big long list of lots of nsfw stuffs.  them: Really?  me: no

them: want to have fun with me beautiful?. me: Yes please. them: Do you have a favourite place or should I choose?. me: I will choose ok. I know lots of places we can have fun. them: Sure babe. [me sends TP] them after rez: This is a hair shop. me: I know! isn't it fun! I love shopping

:)

That's the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 2:16 PM, DemeraraGirl said:

When I first meet someone I get really annoyed with questions about my real life on first minutes. Like this:

Them: hi

Me: hi

Them: age sex location?

Me ignores

Or this (happened to me last week):

Them: hi

Me: hi

Them: did u see my pic on my profile? ( It's supposed to be a picture of him in real life. )

Me: yes

Them: have u pic of u too?

Me: yes

Them: where? show me

Me: in rl. not in sl.

Them: oh, how about voice, skype?

Me: no. no.

Them: I mean when I say pics, voice, skype, just to know who really are you, nothing else. and then lets time decide for something more

Me: I understand, but no. I'm not looking for something more. have you tried tinder or dating sites?

no answer

Seriously.. what possesses people to presume that someone they just met in SL would want anything to do with them in RL. I mean... we are on SL for a reason duh!

• Like 3

LOL - I logged in this evening (for a brief 5 minutes before the latest DDoS took me out) and had this wonderful IM waiting, with a Friendship offer.

image.png.223ff7d7f658a28f8ff52f5cddfe021f.png

Needless to say, I declined said friendship request and didn't bother to answer the IM.  I wonder how often that works for him.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LOL - I logged in this evening (for a brief 5 minutes before the latest DDoS took me out) and had this wonderful IM waiting, with a Friendship offer.

Needless to say, I declined said friendship request and didn't bother to answer the IM.  I wonder how often that works for him.

I had am IM with the same exact wording when I logged in earlier today.  I declined the friendship request also and closed the IM tab.   So at least a second time that this did not work for him.

This was the second time in a week that I've received a random IM from a guy who was not located anywhere in the region I was, who also referenced liking my profile. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I had am IM with the same exact wording when I logged in earlier today.  I declined the friendship request also and closed the IM tab.   So at least a second time that this did not work for him.

This was the second time in a week that I've received a random IM from a guy who was not located anywhere in the region I was, who also referenced liking my profile. 

Third time. I got precisely the same message. (Three timing bastard!!!!)

Except, because I am . . . stupid? . . . I actually met with him. DM me if you want, for details! He wants to make all three of us an offer we just can't refuse!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Except, because I am . . . stupid? . . . I actually met with him. DM me if you want, for details! He wants to make all three of us an offer we just can't refuse!

Too funny!  And here I was feeling special because someone thought I was cute and had an interesting profile.... ?    If he was going down a group member list spamming every female avi with the same message I don't know how "reaaaaaly reaaaaaaly random" that is.    I'm really good at refusing offers - especially if others have received the same offer - so it's need to be reaaaaaly reaaaaaly special offer if it was to be something I couldn't refuse.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[7:56] (random guy): waves!
Greetings
 (¨`·.·´¨)  
 .`·.¸(¨`·.·´¨)  
 .... ×`·.¸.·´× (¨`·.·´¨)   
                    `·.¸.·´
[7:56] (random guy): hello there angel ♥ 
how are you ?
❤ 。◕‿◕。❤
[7:57] (random guy): Hey… I know this is reaaaallly reaaallly random… but I saw  your profile … and I thought you were cute and really really  cool… So I had to say ‘Hi’…I’m (random guy) lets be friends
Would you be my friend?

(copied from my offline email inbox, name redacted)

I got that, too. ?

But of course, I declined.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I got this too.  Also ignored the text, the friend request as well as the numerous teleport requests and offers.  Just didn't seem legit to me.

Random thought, it could be someone reading this forum and picking people out.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
Added random thought
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I got this too.  Also ignored the text, the friend request as well as the numerous teleport requests and offers.  Just didn't seem legit to me.

Random thought, it could be someone reading this forum and picking people out.

I didn't get the im....I feel so left out now :(

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I also got this message. Forgot to respond because I logged in to see some tasty drama in a group, but at least I know I dodged a bullet.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well stuff me... I thought  I was special when I got that yesterday ?

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.