Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was randomly thinking and the question of .... when you first meet some one, or even some one you have known for a short time, what random line seems to annoy you most ? I have had a couple but I know others have had more .  I am just curious as to what they might be . Biggest one for me, when I  haven't even met a person and instead of saying hi or hello its, " hey baby want to have sex ? "  or " I'll make you wish you were never with another guy " . What are some of your biggest line annoyances  in SL ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

The usual opener I get is: "You look beautiful" Somtimes it is an innocent compliment but most of the time... I started answering "I better do - I payed a good bunch of Lindens to do so."

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 10
  • Haha 7

"How are you?" from somebody I don't know, in fact almost anybody. It's just lazy, shifting the burden onto me to get the chat going when I never asked to chat with them in the first place. Any anyway do they really want to know all the details of my diarrhoea and chemotherapy*?

* Joking of course

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

try it :) most will run within 3 lines if you take that "how are you" as serious question.

No, you might get their attention doing so "don't wanna talk about it " and "so so" usually gets me more enquiries... (but it's a great test if you are not sure whom to pass personal information... those that keep asking are not worth my trust as they lack some social skills)

Edited by Fionalein

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Oh I got one this morning  Hi how do we have sex here"  

Me: ""We" dont!  and btw you are in a store naked"

I for one, find that kind of optimism downright inspirational. Bruce Lee once said, "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often simply serves as something to aim at."

Edit: As he was naked, did you notice if he was aiming at you?

Edited by Gadget Portal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

I'm sitting or standing somewhere alone doing nothing, possibly even afk. There's an IM "Are you ok?"
There might even be additional comment "I thought to ask because you looked so lonely and lost here."
Ok thank you very much for your concern about my avatar's well being. xD

Once I saw a rescue helicopter hovering over me, the pilot shouting:
"Madam, are you ok down there?" Actually that was pretty funny and cool.

About annoying:
If somebody cannot chat with complete words, I usually ignore that one immediately.
Immediate questions about age, location, time zone, wanna have fun, get ignored too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Individual lines never bother me; it’s when it gets close to a couple hundred trying to find an angle to what I invariably wish they’d asked in line #1, so that I could answer “no” and move on.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.