Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Eric Castanea said:

Preconceptions limit your perceptions, don't you agree?

I disagree, because preconceptions are what keep us alive. It's an instinctual inborn ability based on self-preservation. As for preconceptions in the context of this thread and our comments to one another, you do it yourself because my original comment simply stated that your comment "speaks volumes" - I never expressed what it actually says. Therefore you, sir, are preconceiving that I am preconceiving, even though I gave no indication of such. Feeling defensive for no reason, are we? Just thinking aloud.

• Haha 1

Well, I may be wrong, but I conceived the same thing from Alonya's comment that I conceived that Eric conceived.  And I think I conceived the same thing that she did from Eric's comment.

And that is, "Eric is probably using a lot of the conversation starters that people in this huge thread find annoying."  Or possibly, "Eric thinks from this thread that people are just impossible to please and get annoyed at almost everything."

But really, it's quite possible to start a pleasant conversation in SL.  All it takes is a little politeness and perhaps a smidgen of originality.  Keep trying, Eric...I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I've wondered about this. You can derender someone's attachments? Presumably by right clicking on them? Isn't it in some way obvious that you are doing so?

I've never tested it myself because . . . meh. Why would I? But I'm curious now.

nobody can tell you've done it.  But it's mostly disappointing because alpha layers can't be derendered so you wind up seeing a broken av, not the peep show you were hoping for.

• Like 1

I've gotten quite tired of seeing people complaining about newer "viewer" versions performing worse than prior versions while on hardware that is newer than what I use (at least one part in need of replacement). What, your machine that has parts from a year or so ago cannot perform better than a machine with some parts manufactured in 2014? Seriously?

On a semi-different note: After seeing several of the replies in this thread I have to note that I half-heartedly wish I had people approaching me and looking to pay me for my time, be it just to cuddle or other things! Being male (mostly obviously so and only occasionally a fair bit less obvious) it just doesn't seem to happen.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 11:27 AM, Solar Legion said:

... I half-heartedly wish I had people approaching me and looking to pay me for my time, be it just to cuddle or other things! Being male (mostly obviously so and only occasionally a fair bit less obvious) it just doesn't seem to happen.

You're goin' to the wrong places.  Hang out with Skell!

[09:23] a dude: (Saved Thu Oct 24 02:52:51 2019)just checking if you are online

Excuse me what the h*ck

My timezone is in my profile. Anyone with fingers will know that it was 3am for me... and that's the time you choose to "test" if I've blocked but not unfriended you?! Dagger emoji

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.