Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Hey, it's ok to be an SL virgin. I've been one for 14 years, almost 15. I'm rather proud of that fact.

Your virginity resets every time you relog   *nods and smiles* 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Hey, it's ok to be an SL virgin. I've been one for 14 years, almost 15. I'm rather proud of that fact. ^_^

I'm getting a new mesh body this week. Does that mean I'll be a virgin again? Or does that only happen if I buy new naughty bits?

Or is this one of those situations like my grandfather's axe: "This is my grandfather's axe. It's had the head replaced twice and handle replaced three times, but it's the same axe he carried."

• HE: "Smiles at the girl, looking her up and down"
  • ME: "Happens to be looking the other way and didn't notice a thing"
  • HE: "Moves closer to stand in front of her and admires the view"
  • ME "Leans left, then right, trying to look around the rude person blocking her view"

Just this morning. I finally had to explain

• ME: If you want to chat then chat, emoting nonsense I cannot reply to is fail. But I'm in a great mood today, so lucky you.
  • HE: ~crickets~ *poofs*

Poor guy. It's obvious he was shy and I was willing to chat stuffs. I should have been nicer. ~guilt-trip~ LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Spin Barbosa said:

I'm getting a new mesh body this week. Does that mean I'll be a virgin again? Or does that only happen if I buy new naughty bits?

Or is this one of those situations like my grandfather's axe: "This is my grandfather's axe. It's had the head replaced twice and handle replaced three times, but it's the same axe he carried."

O.o How would I know? I don't do pixel sex. Not my cup of tea. Never owned any "bits" either. 

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

O.o How would I know? I don't do pixel sex. Not my cup of tea. Never owned any "bits" either. 

I think they're great. I wish my RL bits worked more like my SL bits. No more need of protection when playing sports. No more embarrassing moments because of too-tight jeans. And when my ex-wife got *everything* in the divorce, I could have gone online and ordered a new pair!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:
  • HE: "Smiles at the girl, looking her up and down"
  • ME: "Happens to be looking the other way and didn't notice a thing"
  • HE: "Moves closer to stand in front of her and admires the view"
  • ME "Leans left, then right, trying to look around the rude person blocking her view"

Just this morning. I finally had to explain

• ME: If you want to chat then chat, emoting nonsense I cannot reply to is fail. But I'm in a great mood today, so lucky you.
  • HE: ~crickets~ *poofs*

Poor guy. It's obvious he was shy and I was willing to chat stuffs. I should have been nicer. ~guilt-trip~ LOL

I can't stand emotes first thing in the morning.

I think I've probably told this story before here, so stop me if you've heard this (HAH! TOO LATE!)

Ok, so eons ago, a friend of my decided to open a club, and bought a prefab sort of North African quasi-Alhambra thingy to house it. But he wanted to customize it. It was mod, but my friend (who is kind of a useless *** in many ways, but charming in his fecklessness, so I like him) had NO idea how to do that, never having learned the rudiments of building. Now, I'm no Master Builder, but I'd learned the basics for my bookstore -- and I can use a calculator and drag a handle with the best of 'em -- so I agreed to customize it for him. This turned out to be a bigger job than I had intended, because my useless *** of a friend kept changing his mind about what he wanted, and it ended up taking about a week and a half, with an average of maybe 2 hours a day to finish it. (And no, I didn't get paid. I told you he was sort of charming, right?)

SO ANYWAY, there I was for about a week and a half, steadily working away on this Berber kasbah thing (or whatever it was supposed to be), on his new parcel which happened to be named "India." I have no idea why it was called "India," but the name ended up being a magnet to a steady stream of young male Indian noobs (most of whom seemed to be engineers). I suppose they came there because they assumed they'd find a community of fellow south Asians; maybe they thought they'd just poof right into the middle of Virtual Mumbai, or the Taj Mahal, or something, I don't know. But at a fairly steady pace of at least one or two a day, these young Indian residents would *pop* right into the middle of my build.

Some of them took a look around, realized that this was not what they'd expected, and disappeared quickly. But a surprising number of them stuck around to chat me up while I worked. And most of them were actually quite sweet, intelligent, and personable (and their English was very good). So I spent most of that two weeks with an attentive audience of young Indian engineers.

And -- I kid you not -- I got about 6 marriage proposals.

I've never felt so wanted and desired. I really have no idea what the deal was, and why this seemed to be a thing that they felt they needed to do, but I was continually having to field "Do you want to get married?" or "We should be married" or "Would you like to be wedded to me." Maybe they weren't expecting to see a woman effortlessly shifting huge blocks of mud brick wall? Maybe they were impressed by my skills with a calculator.

But most of them didn't stick around for long after I'd said no: off they went in search of another potential candidate with a cleavage and moderately impressive building skills. But one of them, who was really quite adorable, came back each day over the course of about 5 days. He'd hang around and chat with me while I slung walls and roof tiles about, and then, when I'd announce it was time for me to log off, he'd reply with some variant of "Good night, sleep well. I think you should marry me."

These things seemed so much more uncomplicated in the old days.

Oh, as for the nightclub: it did surprisingly well for about the first six months it was open. Then useless *** of a friend got bored with it and it fell deserted. If only he'd had the persistence of my charming Indian engineer.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Spin Barbosa said:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I've developed an irrational hatred of people that open an IM with "/me smiles" and nothing else.

/me reaches down and hitches up her panties, grimacing as there is nothing worse the fabric travelling up one's butt. I look over to the smiling man and roll my eyes then head off to talk to someone more interesting... the Dentist needs to see me too.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

/me reaches down and hitches up her panties, grimacing as there is nothing worse the fabric travelling up one's butt. I look over to the smiling man and roll my eyes then head off to talk to someone more interesting... the Dentist needs to see me too.

Umm..the theme is “flossing”!

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I've developed an irrational hatred of people that open an IM with "/me smiles" and nothing else.

Like no dude, you IM'd me, it's your job to start off the conversation, not mine. Even a "hi" is something I can reply to, this is less than worthless.

I think what people these days don't understand about roleplay is that both people have to be into it. You can't just roleplay at someone.

• Like 5

While sailing at full speed security orb says: "You need to leave in 10 seconds or you will be teleported to home!" :o

Seriously, ten seconds! In ten seconds you cannot do much with sailing boat to escape from the place.
Forced TP to home in the middle of sailing trip really sucks.

I think those 'ten second people' never use any vehicles to explore the grid. ¬¬

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MissMagicCakes said:

I think what people these days don't understand about roleplay is that both people have to be into it. You can't just roleplay at someone.

100%. And that's everything from some pretentious "/me two lines of describing my existence without actually doing anything" to racist and/or misogynistic abuse in the form of sexual roleplay.

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Being referred to as "dear"

Around here, 'dear' is little-old-lady-talk. My Nan used to 'dear' me a lot when she was alive, and it was always spoken with a loving intent. However, yes, I've encountered it being used by people in Second Life in a far more condescending manner.

I have, on occasion, been known to 'honey' or 'sweetie' people, depending on the amount of nose-downlooking I wish to aim in their general direction, purely because they're being silly (and usually entitled) little twunts. ;)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.