What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Untitled.thumb.png.a0fbc24b91a1247bd1e2348323eb04b6.png

Today I am pressing on with more of the Blender 2.8 tutorials. I spent the last week procrastinating and putting it off but as it's Monday now and the start of the week its time to knuckle down and get back into it... even if I'm at that stage where it almost feels like climb every mountain again. The good thing is I know more than I did this time last year or even this time last month; not that long ago I couldn't even build a cube beyond the default! So it's baby steps but progressive steps. I just wish I could wrap my head around UV mapping and unwrapping... ermaghad! 😫

EDIT: Added pic; this is where I'm at with the tutorials as of right now (just taking a break while I make a cup of tea). We're making a robot! Not really too interested in rigging (as will happen in later chapters) but learning to create shapes with loops and bridges instead of relying on default Shift+A shapes has been an eye-opener for this noob. It's time consuming, fiddly, and headache inducing but the end result is much more organic and polished looking as opposed to straight edges and again standard default shapes.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added pic for the sake of it because it breaks up the constant walls of text?
  • Like 7

testing out some modifications to the obsolete platforms viewer

think i may have gotten semi modern SL versions to somewhat work on Vista with no service packs, but it wont start on XP.

obsolete platforms viewer now requires you to install the most up to date version, restarts, then tells you that you need vista sp2, but i may have figured out a way around all that mess, problem is that the one time i got into the world everything was a disaster zone of graphical issues, granted intel 945gm is technically the minimum SL will even start on

ill slap together the Pentium D and agp x1650 pro based system later and install vista on it with no service packs and see if i can get it any further. this thinkpad wont make it past the login screen anymore

Untitled.png

• Like 4

Nothing in world as I'm not logged in there yet (soon) but just been working on some home improvements! Still have the house on the market and another potential buyer due to come have a look tomorrow after lunch so I've been painting and patching and fixing kitchen cupboard doors; you know, all those things I should have done years ago but never got around to. I don't want to sound sexist but there's something very gratifying about doing home repairs by myself, especially when I've no training. My little brother is a qualified tradesman but he lives almost 3 hours away, so he probably could have done it all a lot quicker and better but then I'd have no sense of accomplishment! One more coat of paint to go so I'm on the forums while I wait for the first coat to dry. 

👷‍♀️(<-- a less than accurate representation of me, except I'm covered in plaster dust and not wearing a helmet. Or high-vis vest. And my skin isn't yellow... you know what, never mind. Just enjoy the picture).

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.