Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, yellowowl said:

That looks like sooo much fun. I am a fan of fighting games especially killing zombies.  If you ever want some company fighting off zombies I'm your girl.  I'll have to get my avatar some fighting gear though. Where's the best place to suit up?

Sure, you and others are welcome anytime :)  The gun I have came with an outfit, sold  by Anna Erotica, it is called ASP.  I'm not really sure about other guns it gets complicated because there are a few different systems out there, that use special HUDs.  I think I have a few free guns on me though,  that came with another zombie rezzer.  I've been looking all over the place for a sword that will work with SL combat and haven't had any luck.

 

Just send me an IM if you ever want to kill a few zombies :) If I don't respond right away, I'm likely AFK while watching TV or doing other chores. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look who I found on my (RL) walk to the beach this morning...

Contemplating spring

Getting a really lucky shot.  I was taking pictures of something else and playing with the windlights, then cammed out and around a bit to check angles and just happened to catch this in my view.

Posted Images

Currently baulking at the principle of paying L$10 for a sodding demo. I mean, the ad image looks great and it's something I've not seen done exactly like that in SL, but I'm instantly suspicious of anyone who charges more than L$1 for something meant to show me if the item is right for me. It makes me wonder if the product isn't as good as it looks, so the creator is trying to recoup some money from the people who try it but don't like it. Especially when the full-priced item is less than L$300. ¬¬

ETA: I took a risk on the demo, and it was exactly as I expected. Parts of the item would look great in a photoshoot, close-up, from specific angles. But for everyday use? Nope.

Ah well. The creator will at least get L$10 from each unsatisfied customer who picks up the demo before they realise it's not all that good.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Giving the thread a nudge ...

Started my parcel beautification project by getting rid of the house. Houses want to have decor inside, and that's too much work. I'm thinking gardens instead.

1298933574_Rockhoppersanshouse.thumb.jpg.96b288d01974feee9d102994cfe5f7ab.jpg

Worked on my second youngest alt. He's going to be a "typical" SL male - it's easier to find clothes for them. Here I am with my two youngest alts.

405607869_Parandtwoyoungestalts.thumb.jpg.f18d2a949164aecba60bb81f488878b9.jpg

(Nobody felt like looking in the same direction. Ah well.)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 7:02 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Currently baulking at the principle of paying L$10 for a sodding demo. I mean, the ad image looks great and it's something I've not seen done exactly like that in SL, but I'm instantly suspicious of anyone who charges more than L$1 for something meant to show me if the item is right for me. It makes me wonder if the product isn't as good as it looks, so the creator is trying to recoup some money from the people who try it but don't like it. Especially when the full-priced item is less than L$300. ¬¬

ETA: I took a risk on the demo, and it was exactly as I expected. Parts of the item would look great in a photoshoot, close-up, from specific angles. But for everyday use? Nope.

Ah well. The creator will at least get L$10 from each unsatisfied customer who picks up the demo before they realise it's not all that good.

That's often been my experience too, Skell, so I tend to avoid the 'buy' demo items.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/25/2019 at 4:32 PM, Skell Dagger said:

The creator will at least get L$10 from each unsatisfied customer who picks up the demo before they realise it's not all that good.

It will take the creator a long time to get rich at 4 cents a pop. If she has any talent at all, she'll make more money by creating a higher quality product than by scraping pennies for junk. At least you're only out the 4 cents.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnyaJurelle said:

That's often been my experience too, Skell, so I tend to avoid the 'buy' demo items.

I don't mind the L$1 demo's as many use that for registering how many demo's are bought. But anything above is just bollocks, would never buy a demo like that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I don't mind the L$1 demo's as many use that for registering how many demo's are bought. But anything above is just bollocks, would never buy a demo like that.

Total bollocks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Added a 3rd deck on my station.

HL_065.png

Drove the mainland on bike.

Visited my first parcel ever on route 10.

Collected old mainland maps of 2010.

Chillin' out now with some Youtube.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on setting up a little Farmer's Market on my mainland parcel.   I was inspired by seeing (and picking up) the market bus at Dust Bunny this morning, and remembered I had some other farmer market stuff already in inventory.  Still a work in progress.   

Business was a little slow...  2037630043_20190808PippnsFarmersMarketatRamanujan_001.thumb.jpg.433f33552136922fb930c73fddaac9c4.jpg

502051872_20190808PippnsFarmersMarketatRamanujan_002.thumb.jpg.16ca6abdcd49ec7b7183223d90a59345.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for the solicitor to ring. Trying to sell house in RL and it has been nothing short of a nightmare for the last two months. Been living out of boxes and filling out rental applications with no idea where we will be living in 2 weeks time if the sale does go through. If it doesn't we're back to square one searching for another potential buyer in a house we can't afford to fix in a small town I just don't want to be in any longer.

Also one week and a quarter of the way through an online course for Blender 2.80 that was only supposed to be thirty-something hours long. I keep writing everything down and repeating all the actions shown in the video tutorials to better understand it. As a result I'm back at that "this is overwhelming, what the hell am I doing" stage all over again. Second guessing capabilities.

Between all that tension and a virus I've picked up it feels like I've been kicked in the head repeatedly. Can't take time off work so pushing through. Just feel generally crappy and waiting for that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel to make it's appearance. Any minute now, I'm sure of it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

… and waiting for that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel to make it's appearance. Any minute now, I'm sure of it!

Hope that things start looking up for you soon. 

You've made it further than I did with the online Blender course, so kudos for that :) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...