How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

13 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The label of "obscenity" comes, of course, not from Rhonda, but from a culture that continues, apparently, to insist that breasts are defined almost exclusively by (largely) male desire.

The double standard at work rankles, a lot, and is all the more weird as it is both somewhat unlike LL to be so prudish and puritanical (SL, after all, boasts an extremely sexually liberal culture), and increasingly out of step with the rest of the world. More and more, that standard is being challenged in RL.

What really pisses me off about the whole thing, though, is that the decision-making, the process of definition, is taken out of our hands. Someone else -- mods, perhaps, but more generally a repressive patriarchal culture -- has decided for us what our breasts "mean." And, in the process, of course, ensured that women continue to be defined primarily as sexual objects.

The human body is beautiful. For centuries, female nudity has been "acceptable" in an artistic context, in part because it was inoculated and made "safe" by aesthetics, but also largely because the spectator, the artist, and the collector were usually male. But god help the woman who takes the display of her body into her own hands, without the mediating authority of the male. Rhonda should be the sole determiner of what her body means, and whether it is to be seen or not.

I don't know much about Heidi Klum, but god bless her for deciding, for herself, that her drop-dead gorgeous 46 year-old body is not an obscenity.

The thread is moving quickly today. While this thread isn't the place for debating this issue... consider.

None of us are the sole arbiters of what is thought of our bodies, actions, or thoughts. Or even what we do with our bodies. Civilization and socialization require we communicate and cooperate in a democratic way thus government and laws. 

One who has perfectly health limbs may decide they should be amputated... apotemnophilia. No society allows that. It is generally considered a form of mental illness and is treated as such.

To think we get to impose our morality on another's thinking is considered a tyranny. Exposing out body to those that are not interested in seeing it is a form of abuse. Flashers are prosecuted for a reason. How is a male exposing his genitals different then a female doing the same? The idea of PC speech to avoid offense is used to force verbal compliance with with a small minority of people's thinking and introduces insanity into the public discourse.

There are places where bare female breasts are acceptable. But no single arbiter made that decision. Outside our homes no one is that free or independent.

• Like 2

NOW MY TURN! I Love Laika... literally love her! I have always been a huge fan...period. Now, my point was the incredible diversity of "looks" presented here and sculpted as a result of the groups help and support. There are so many styles and individuals who amazing looks that are not quite your standard look or vibe... Orwar for example. So that was my point and why I included Roxy, Catrie, Scylla Orwar.... I could of easily said, Taya, Belinda, Zeeta, Laika, me, etc... and a lot others but we kind of do a similar look or thing, so that wouldn't have made my point. Thank you Scylla...you were exactly right about my care and support of this forum and thread. I kind of protect it like a mama bear:D

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I'm glad you seem to be feeling a little better. :) And I hope you will stay, and we can alll continue to enjoy your work. And that you will just post new photos, simply because you enjoy doing so, and not worry too much about rank -- and if you do worry about it anyway, that you will simply remember that, thus far, history has been very praiseful of what you did. 👍

I honestly don’t care about rank. I mostly always get more likes than I think I warrant. I care more about how people feel, and really it’s hard to get to a point where you feel that your posts are ok to put on here,and yes I do know that people are in the mostly nice but yes with the best will in the world you have to admit we and am guilty as charged we tend to have a bias ok I now need a slap. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I mostly always get more likes than I think I warrant.

*record scratch*

Laika, shush. You're talented. You have a great eye for photos and a stunning Avatar. Anyone that says differently is dead wrong. Including yourself. STOP THAT.**

33 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

ok I now need a slap. 

I have to know someone quite well before I will give a slap.

How about a spanking instead? 🤩

**Just a point to new posters (and old!) that think 'Oh I can never get there, so why bother' and other blah blah blah hand-wringing-fence-sitting stuff..

Look, personally speaking, my Avatar is the result of 10+ years of tweaking both my 'look' and a clear idea that has gelled of what is and isn't me. That includes makeup, wardrobe, eyes, hair.. blah blah blah.. it takes time. I LOVE seeing that process played out, so please please please DON'T think you're not 'good enough' with whatever process you think is lacking. Heck, I'm still tweaking my AV and photo-taking. Only because I'm not satisfied.

My final bit of advice: Be unapologetically yourself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

How about a spanking instead? 🤩

Geez, Roxy. You've known me, how many years????

And you've never offered to spank ME!*

Laika, run, don't walk! You are clearly a favourite!

* There have been probably more than a few occasions where you might have thought a slap was in order, however . . .

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Geez, Roxy. You've known me, how many years????

And you've never offered to spank ME!*

Laika, run, don't walk! You are clearly a favourite!

* There have been probably more than a few occasions where you might have thought a slap was in order, however . . .

You've never asked..

So are you saying... *arches an eyebrow*

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Honestly, you all inspire me in different ways on here and I love all different styles and way you'll take pictures because I love how every single picture is unique!  I would describe this thread as one big second life scrapbook where we all add our memories and stamp on it. :) I'm happy I added my few paw marks to this thread, I take as compliment if someone likes my efforts and if they inspired then I say thank you!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The thread is moving quickly today. While this thread isn't the place for debating this issue... consider.

None of us are the sole arbiters of what is thought of our bodies, actions, or thoughts. Or even what we do with our bodies. Civilization and socialization require we communicate and cooperate in a democratic way thus government and laws. 

One who has perfectly health limbs may decide they should be amputated... apotemnophilia. No society allows that. It is generally considered a form of mental illness and is treated as such.

To think we get to impose our morality on another's thinking is considered a tyranny. Exposing out body to those that are not interested in seeing it is a form of abuse. Flashers are prosecuted for a reason. How is a male exposing his genitals different then a female doing the same? The idea of PC speech to avoid offense is used to force verbal compliance with with a small minority of people's thinking and introduces insanity into the public discourse.

There are places where bare female breasts are acceptable. But no single arbiter made that decision. Outside our homes no one is that free or independent.

Not to speak out of turn, but I agree with Scylla, that "Rhonda should be the sole determiner of what her body means, and whether it is to be seen or not." Which is not to say she is, de facto, always the sole arbiter of it (Lord knows history is replete with judgement), but more in terms of personal autonomy and the self-determination of women over their own bodies. Like saying humans have free will: not something everyone, in practice, gets to exercise unencumberedly, but should be an unalienable right nonetheless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I honestly don’t care about rank. I mostly always get more likes than I think I warrant. I care more about how people feel, and really it’s hard to get to a point where you feel that your posts are ok to put on here,and yes I do know that people are in the mostly nice but yes with the best will in the world you have to admit we and am guilty as charged we tend to have a bias ok I now need a slap. 

As to the bolded part, I can only ask, Why?! Because you keep comparing your work to that of others? (And find yourself wanting). Or simply because you want to produce quality work? I can certainly attest to the latter. Like when I do interior design: it's never really ''done', as always needs more tweaking and improvement. At some point this can become a bit of an impediment, really, where you continually postpone posting pictures. And then you just need to say "What the H, it suffices," and post images anyway. If the former is the case, then I hope ppl will find a way past that, and just post their stuff, because it's fun to them.

And ppl have biases, for sure... but is that so bad?! And it gets mind-boggling when you start to realize ppl have a positive bias towards you, Laika. 🤤

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gobilly said:

After leaving it in the closet for some months, I've dusted off the Exmachina Davide avatar, chopped off its head, put another one on it and then dragged it off to the beach. That's the background story for today's look.

https://billybeaverhausen.com/2019/08/23/ex-on-the-beach/

Ex On The Beach 2.jpg

Look behind you!  Either the tides coming in or thats a tsunami......... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9