How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, first Chic, and now you, with the cigarette. 🥰 Filthy habit, LOL, but nevertheless looks remarkably classy. ❤️ The styllish lady holding the cigarette doesn't exactly hurt the image either. :) 

Ha! Thanks Kira! I assure you I don’t actually smoke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Ha! Thanks Kira! I assure you I don’t actually smoke.

And I assure you, I didn't think you did. :) (And I doubt Chic really does either). But it just looks classy somehow. :) Like this painting I have hanging in my houseboat:

After_Dark_2.thumb.jpg.26356b006cb8b46975452a8ea2964352.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The thread is moving quickly today. While this thread isn't the place for debating this issue... consider.

None of us are the sole arbiters of what is thought of our bodies, actions, or thoughts. Or even what we do with our bodies. Civilization and socialization require we communicate and cooperate in a democratic way thus government and laws. 

One who has perfectly health limbs may decide they should be amputated... apotemnophilia. No society allows that. It is generally considered a form of mental illness and is treated as such.

To think we get to impose our morality on another's thinking is considered a tyranny. Exposing out body to those that are not interested in seeing it is a form of abuse. Flashers are prosecuted for a reason. How is a male exposing his genitals different then a female doing the same? The idea of PC speech to avoid offense is used to force verbal compliance with with a small minority of people's thinking and introduces insanity into the public discourse.

There are places where bare female breasts are acceptable. But no single arbiter made that decision. Outside our homes no one is that free or independent.

Thanks for this, Nalates! You make some interesting and worthwhile points; it would be interesting to continue the discussion. However, this is probably not the appropriate place to do that, so, while I want to acknowledge your response and thank you for it, I'm going to put off my own reply, or elaboration of my views on the subject, until the subject pops up elsewhere (as it may well do!). But I do sincerely appreciate, and enjoyed reading, your own views!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators

Greetings all!

Just a friendly reminder that threads that go too far Off Topic will end up getting closed. 

Since this thread is currently at 870+ pages, I would really hate to see that happen, so please restrict off topic comments to private messages, or another thread, if you believe it is a topic worth discussing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kiramanell said:

And I assure you, I didn't think you did. :) (And I doubt Chic really does either). But it just looks classy somehow. :) Like this painting I have hanging in my houseboat:

@Eva Knoller

Slightly off-topic: for some bizarre reason this forum just won't let me edit in a link into my original post. Grrrr. Just quickly wanted to show you what it actually looks like on my Windlass, in its full glory.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/436002-bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden/page/31/?tab=comments#comment-1924860

As I'm fond of saying, it's always about the light. :) 

P.S. That smoke on your cigarette looked incredibly realistic! That's some fancy particle effect you had going there! 👍

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

@Eva Knoller

Slightly off-topic: for some bizarre reason this forum just won't let me edit in a link into my original post. Grrrr. Just quickly wanted to show you what it actually looks like on my Windlass, in its full glory.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/436002-bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden/page/31/?tab=comments#comment-1924860

As I'm fond of saying, it's always about the light. :) 

P.S. That smoke on your cigarette looked incredibly realistic! That's some fancy particle effect you had going there! 👍

I actually did the smoke in Photoshop! And excellent work on the Windlass decor, painting included. ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I actually did the smoke in Photoshop! And excellent work on the Windlass decor, painting included. ❤️ 

Aww, thank you, dear! You're always soo kind! ❤️

Photoshop, eh? LOL, very nicely done. 👍 As I really couldn't recall ever having seen smoke that realistic in SL.

And thanks for your comments on my boat too; but oops, Linden just posted, eek, apparently not liking us to stray too far off-topic. So, I should probably just wisely leave it at that. 😅

• Like 3