Jump to content

How does your avatar look today ?


Recommended Posts

Regarding capturing personality, my main concern shooting is ALWAYS catching personality and trying to show the emotion behind it, be it sadness, happiness or that aloofness  (a requirement of fashion modeling) ;) All of it relies heavily on poses, AO’s and POV (camera angle). So, eyes, smirks, smiles and body positions/language all matter to me. What Scylla has come to master is her ability to capture B&W, mood, emotion and an artistic perspective that has become a unique trademark of her own! Bravo! (I can spot a “Scylla” a mile away)

I can’t do Scylla no more then she can do Sara. My vibe/style is.... well me. I’ve just grown over time into my/this style of presentation and it’s exactly what I’ve come to love and appreciate the most here. Everyone discovering themselves. Just look at these amazing ppl... and how distinctly original they all are from each other @Catrie @Roxy Couturier @Chic Aeon @Jeny Howlett @momomoonusagi @Orwar @Skell Dagger @VictoriaGrwd @Scylla Rhiadra What I strive for is carving out my personality and individuality in a virtual environment. I know that newer ppl can get trapped into Barbie mode, but once you start playing in this sandbox and seeing what’s possible, the authentic you will surely find it’s way.

PS:  Btw, I still like Barbies... weird I know 😘 🧘‍♀️

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

Not a GREAT picture but i was working on this avi last night. :3 I'm obsessed with my face.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Thank that was really lovely to hear from you and Sara. I really hope am not coming across as a 'barbi' Im not in Rl and am not hoping to give that appearance on here. I took a lot of what Orwar said onboard about taking pics and was just experimenting today and I did like what I got. 

 

Hehe, re Barbie, I opened up a can of worms there, didn't I?! 😄 But your avi doesn't come across as Barbie at all. And even if she did, is the real point, who cares? It's YOUR avi. Sadly, the real world doesn't give us a choice of body, and only lets us change our looks wthin limits; but in here, the only limits are the ones you put on yourself. So, enjoy your freedom! And like with that dude on Flickr, I hope you continue to realize that you can just do what feels right and fun for you, and worry less about that this or that person may think. 👍

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I love these shots, Roxy. And you are totally rocking the new hair!

Thanks Eva! I saw them and totally got inspired for a photo with them. Not the only ones I got today, but the others need me to scour my inventory for the right outfit and accessories.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Regarding capturing personality, my main concern shooting is ALWAYS catching personality and trying to show the emotion behind it, be it sadness, happiness or that aloofness  (a requirement of fashion modeling) ;) All of it relies heavily on poses, AO’s and POV (camera angle). So, eyes, smirks, smiles and body positions/language all matter to me. What Scylla has come to master is her ability to capture B&W, mood, emotion and an artistic perspective that has become a unique trademark of her own! Bravo! (I can spot a “Scylla” a mile away)

I can’t do Scylla no more then she can do Sara. My vibe/style is.... well me. I’ve just grown over time into my/this style of presentation and it’s exactly what I’ve come to love and appreciate the most here. Everyone discovering themselves. Just look at these amazing ppl... and how distinctly original they all are from each other @Catrie @Roxy Couturier @Chic Aeon @Jeny Howlett @momomoonusagi @Orwar @Skell Dagger @VictoriaGrwd @Scylla Rhiadra What I strive for is carving out my personality and individuality in a virtual environment. I know that newer ppl can get trapped into Barbie mode, but once you start playing in this sandbox and seeing what’s possible, the authentic you will surely find it’s way.

PS:  Btw, I still like Barbies... weird I know 😘 🧘‍♀️

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Hair and Fetish Fairs complete. Whew..

Domina_002.png.7999fe077ef9b802c0b18795818928ee.png

Domina_001.png.78151b2099194b85353354899bc96304.png

Domina_003.png.8b87999dbb8ffda9dbc42a13454d841e.png

 

Absolutely agree with Eva: excellent shots, and astoundingly great hair! Especially love the one with the heart-shaped side opening in it. ❤️ You're a veritable hair fair on your own! 🥰

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to @Scylla Rhiadra @Eva Knoller @Rhonda Huntress et al., I was finally able to find some new hair for Chloe, that actually fits (indeed, at 'tram'). Thanks, ladies! 👍 Here's my endearing Chloe, this time not with old Unreal Engine 3 hair (from Life is Strange), but with actual, modern SL mesh hair. :) Still having the munchies. :P 

 

.chloe2.thumb.jpg.d12064f8939331c6228be973d688fc91.jpg

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Thanks to @Scylla Rhiadra @Eva Knoller @Rhonda Huntress et al., I was finally able to find some new hair for Chloe, that actually fits (indeed, at 'tram'). Thanks, ladies! 👍 Here's my endearing Chloe, this time not with old Unreal Engine 3 hair (from Life is Strange), but with actual, modern SL mesh hair. :) Still having the munchies. :P 

 

.chloe2.thumb.jpg.d12064f8939331c6228be973d688fc91.jpg

LOVE it. Great hair choice.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saravendi said:

I can spot a “Scylla” a mile away

Which is useful: you can get a good head start!

Here's a new "Scylla," appropriately scrubbed clean for the Forum. (You can see the uncensored one on my Flickr page, should you care to look.)

ETA: I forgot to mention that the skirt I'm wearing here was a gift from @Catrie! I asked her if she knew where I could find one like this (with this pic in mind), and she just went and bought it for me! As I say far too often, because there are so many instances where it bears saying: "Thank you, Catrie!"

 

The-Bath-of-Diana-Blank.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

 

I wonder when you actually specify people do you even ‘get’ that by doing this that you are saying these people are the best on here?

Its an opinion, subjective your likes may not be everyone’s.

I am at the point where I am reluctant to post which is ridiculous because there should be no bias to anyone but sadly there is.

i actually hate posting this and I am done for now. And I don’t want nasty comments been there upset me enough before so please don’t. 

  • Sad 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

LOVE it. Great hair choice.

 

Thanks! 🤗 The head skin has baked-in shadows (underneath her hair, on her cheeks and all), so very few hair styles actually fit; but this one, from 'tram', was perfect: the proper shape, and pointy enough to still be Chloe hair. Except upgraded. :) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I wonder when you actually specify people do you even ‘get’ that by doing this that you are saying these people are the best on here?

Its an opinion, subjective your likes may not be everyone’s.

I am at the point where I am reluctant to post which is ridiculous because there should be no bias to anyone but sadly there is.

i actually hate posting this and I am done for now. And I don’t want nasty comments been there upset me enough before so please don’t. 

I think I can state with absolute certainty that Sara was not intending to provide a ranking or a sort of "greatest hits" of the pics here. And I know for a fact that she admires your photos; indeed she praised two of them here today.

But your general point is nonetheless well-taken, I think. Praising an individual's work is pretty much always a good thing, but perhaps we should all be a bit more careful about how we talk about the beautiful pictures here. Many of us have probably been inadvertently guilty of sounding exclusionary, even when we didn't mean to be. I don't doubt that I have.

And with that, I'm also very sure that Sara would also agree, because I know that there is no one here who cares more about this little community, and everyone in it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Which is useful: you can get a good head start!

Here's a new "Scylla," appropriately scrubbed clean for the Forum. (You can see the uncensored one on my Flickr page, should you care to look.)

 

The-Bath-of-Diana-Blank.png

 

I totally agree with Sara: I can spot a 'Scylla' like, say, a Rembrandt. :) 

I feel saddened by the fact that Laika feels sad now. :( Personally, since almost everyone here is a better photographer, avi-maker, (make-up) artist, etc., than I am, I'm kinda used to feeling totally overwhelmed. So, generally, I just force myself to simply enjoy what I see, and not feel despondent over someone's clearly superior interior design skills, or avi making ones, as the case may be. Also, as for sharing, I never think "I can compete with Scylla." That would be silly. Generally I just post because sharing is fun, and very human. And naturally I hope others will like it too, but I really primarily post those pictures because *I* like what I did. If I would only post when I thought as was good enough as you, Scylla, I would never post. I can't do that, of course.

And your work is truly fantastic. And I don't feel it's wrong to say that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think I can state with absolute certainty that Sara was not intending to provide a ranking or a sort of "greatest hits" of the pics here. And I know for a fact that she admires your photos; indeed she praised two of them here today.

But your point is nonetheless well-taken, I think. Praising an individual's work is pretty much always a good thing, but perhaps we should all be a bit more careful about how we talk about the beautiful pictures here. Many of us have probably been inadvertently guilty of sound exclusionary, even when we didn't mean to be. I don't doubt that I have.

And with that, I'm also very sure that Sara would also agree, because I know that there is no one here who cares more about this little community, and everyone in it.

While I totally agree with most you have said, look at it from the point of view from people who are new or just getting into this.

Actually you have not done this at all and I do not want in any way to be nasty because I am not but if you are a new Person going to post here it’s pretty daunting. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Also, as for sharing, I never think "I can compete with Scylla." That would be silly.

Well, yes! It would be "silly," not because you can't post a pic as good or better than mine -- lots of people here do, every day! -- but because "competing" is obviously not what this is about. But you know that!

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Generally I just post because sharing is fun, and very human. And naturally I hope others will like it too, but I really primarily post those pictures because *I* like what I did.

This is it, exactly, right here.

This thread isn't a contest, or a race.

It's more like a family photograph album.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I wonder when you actually specify people do you even ‘get’ that by doing this that you are saying these people are the best on here?

Its an opinion, subjective your likes may not be everyone’s.

I am at the point where I am reluctant to post which is ridiculous because there should be no bias to anyone but sadly there is.

i actually hate posting this and I am done for now. And I don’t want nasty comments been there upset me enough before so please don’t. 

I’ll echo Scylla in saying I honestly don’t believe that Sara tagged the folks she did to indicate they are better than anyone else, just to highlight the different photo taking styles of the posters. I truly hope you aren’t done with this thread! You are very talented and bring a lot to this community.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

look at it from the point of view from people who are new or just getting into this.

Yep, I agree, totally. We need to be gentle and careful with each other: no one wants to be the last person standing in the thread: we all want more people sharing here! And, again, that obviously includes Sara.

You're one of our "veterans," Laika: this thread would be a very different place without you. The point you make that I've quoted here is an excellent one, and coming from a regular like yourself, it bears weight. Thank you for the reminder, sincerely.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think I can state with absolute certainty that Sara was not intending to provide a ranking or a sort of "greatest hits" of the pics here. And I know for a fact that she admires your photos; indeed she praised two of them here today.

But your general point is nonetheless well-taken, I think. Praising an individual's work is pretty much always a good thing, but perhaps we should all be a bit more careful about how we talk about the beautiful pictures here. Many of us have probably been inadvertently guilty of sound exclusionary, even when we didn't mean to be. I don't doubt that I have.

And with that, I'm also very sure that Sara would also agree, because I know that there is no one here who cares more about this little community, and everyone in it.

 

Again, thx for saying these things, Scylla.

Yes, I think I'm kinda guilty too of praising some ppl very much. It's a tough subject for me, tbh. :( Because I don't want to exclude anyone. At the same time -- here cometh the hard part -- I think I would be lying to myself if I said I think everyone is equally talented. Is saying Rembrandt is one of the best painters, being demeaning of others? I was actually kinda hoping we could all admire Rembrandt for his talent, without comparing him to ourselves -- or taking it as a judgement about ourselves. 

Personally, I never meant to 'diss' Laika. I think I'm pretty sure even I have always praised her work. In fact, I think I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone here who didn't laud her gorgeous photos. So, little confused there too. 😕 I will need to think about this some more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

 

Again, thx for saying these things, Scylla.

Yes, I think I'm kinda guilty too of praising some ppl very much. It's a tough subject for me, tbh. :( Because I don't want to exclude anyone. At the same time -- here cometh the hard part -- I think I would be lying to myself if I said I think everyone is equally talented. Is saying Rembrandt is one of the best painters, being demeaning of others? I was actually kinda hoping we could all admire Rembrandt for his talent, without comparing him to ourselves -- or taking it as a judgement about ourselves. 

Personally, I never meant to 'diss' Laika. I think I'm pretty sure even I have always praised her work. In fact, I think I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone here who didn't laud her gorgeous photos. So, little confused there too. 😕 I will need to think about this some more.

I don’t think I ever said you liked or did not my posts I would not it was a general comment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I’m not actually a veteran I struggle to get a half decent pic mostly. I just feel bad for the people on here who maybe are even worse off than me lol.

THIS:

 

48598867367_13788a206e_b.jpg

 

. . . is NOT the photograph of someone who struggles to get "a half decent pic mostly."

Sorry, Laika, you are a grizzled and scarred veteran. You are one of the people here whom new posters AND old look to for inspiration and ideas. I can tell you that I certainly do.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I don’t think I ever said you liked or did not my posts I would not it was a general comment. 

 

I was merely thinking out-loud. :) And saying that, besides me, I really would have to dig very deep into my menory to recall anyone say anything but positive comments about your work.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

THIS:

 

48598867367_13788a206e_b.jpg

 

. . . is NOT the photograph of someone who struggles to get "a half decent pic mostly."

Sorry, Laika, you are a grizzled and scarred veteran. You are one of the people here whom new posters AND old look to for inspiration and ideas. I can tell you that I certainly do.

 

Why, if that is "a half decent pic mostly," then imagine how crappy *I* must feel. :P She's really much better at this than I am. Me? I can do a little light, that's it, LOL.

And I think it actually IS a contest... but with oneself, really. Just learning from what I see others do, and then hope I can incorporate some of those ideas into my own work, one day.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Ty for that I always think my pics are not good enough and I do struggle with that. 

Why, if that is "a half decent pic mostly," then imagine how crappy *I* must feel. :P She's really much better at this than I am. Me? I can do a little light, that's it, LOL.

And I think it actually IS a contest... but with oneself, really. Just learning from what I see others do, and then hope I can incorporate some of those ideas into my own work, one day.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...