How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

58 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

This is lovely. I saw that headpiece at the hair fair, was very tempted, but then I saw the Mayan one and I couldn't decide. Ended up getting neither. 

I still have the demos -- hair fair isn't yet over, so who knows what I'll ultimately do.

• Like 4

I thought I was losing my mojo...…….I've hardly taken any pictures lately and when I have, I've struggled with lag and atmosphere...………..

Then today's been a bad day for internet...……..

And an acquaintance on here has had her account blocked, I don't know why...…...

So I went out feeling melancholy, and found my mojo!!!!!!!

SL41.png

SL42.png

• Like 34

Well, if you didn't see my before.  This is my after.  Now, I have fixed my hair and my eyes.  I have 3 dresses, 1 pair of boots and two hairs.  It was a lot of fun at the rides!   My friend said I looked as lovely as "a cheerful Summer day".   My real life friend wears an orange outfit and my other friend wears boots like these...I bought these to remind me of them.  And then, I may be a Second Life model.  I can't believe it!  Me?  

Snapshot_015 (2).png

Snapshot_031.png

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm in a mood.  Mostly depression, I'm sure.

Anyway ... edit because being a woman is obscene.  Only men fit to be seen.

Obscene is not a word I would think of when looking at this picture.  

Beautiful, Gorgeous, Angelic yes but not obscene.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

1039370046_20190821_014(2).thumb.jpg.9208d5556f5ffa9b066848a5bae90749.jpg

Since I am a male, in RL and SL, and seeing the numerous posts on this thread. I can tell you this, men are not the ones fit to be seen, at least not only. I see the beauty in all the posts here, the poses, the avatars that are built, all of it is beautiful, and it doesn't matter if they're male, or female. I do not see this photo of yours as an obsolete aspect to women, in fact, I love the viewpoint you're trying to go with, the pose, and the beauty of your avatar, it is simply a work of art. Thank you for sharing :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Being a woman is actually pretty damned great, as I'm pretty sure you know most of the time.

Being Rhonda is even cooler.

Hugs.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Obscene is not a word I would think of when looking at this picture.  

Beautiful, Gorgeous, Angelic yes but not obscene.

Quite possibly, Rhonda was being sarcastic (in reference to earlier censoring in this thread of some very mild female nudity by Scylla).

If not, I can't for the life of me imagine why she would think of that image as 'obscene.'

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Quite possibly, Rhonda was being sarcastic (in reference to earlier censoring in this thread of some very mild female nudity by Scylla).

If not, I can't for the life of me imagine why she would think of that image as 'obscene.'

The label of "obscenity" comes, of course, not from Rhonda, but from a culture that continues, apparently, to insist that breasts are defined almost exclusively by (largely) male desire.

The double standard at work rankles, a lot, and is all the more weird as it is both somewhat unlike LL to be so prudish and puritanical (SL, after all, boasts an extremely sexually liberal culture), and increasingly out of step with the rest of the world. More and more, that standard is being challenged in RL.

What really pisses me off about the whole thing, though, is that the decision-making, the process of definition, is taken out of our hands. Someone else -- mods, perhaps, but more generally a repressive patriarchal culture -- has decided for us what our breasts "mean." And, in the process, of course, ensured that women continue to be defined primarily as sexual objects.

The human body is beautiful. For centuries, female nudity has been "acceptable" in an artistic context, in part because it was inoculated and made "safe" by aesthetics, but also largely because the spectator, the artist, and the collector were usually male. But god help the woman who takes the display of her body into her own hands, without the mediating authority of the male. Rhonda should be the sole determiner of what her body means, and whether it is to be seen or not.

I don't know much about Heidi Klum, but god bless her for deciding, for herself, that her drop-dead gorgeous 46 year-old body is not an obscenity.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The label of "obscenity" comes, of course, not from Rhonda, but from a culture that continues, apparently, to insist that breasts are defined almost exclusively by (largely) male desire.

The double standard at work rankles, a lot, and is all the more weird as it is both somewhat unlike LL to be so prudish and puritanical (SL, after all, boasts an extremely sexually liberal culture), and increasingly out of step with the rest of the world. More and more, that standard is being challenged in RL.

What really pisses me off about the whole thing, though, is that the decision-making, the process of definition, is taken out of our hands. Someone else -- mods, perhaps, but more generally a repressive patriarchal culture -- has decided for us what our breasts "mean." And, in the process, of course, ensured that women continue to be defined primarily as sexual objects.

The human body is beautiful. For centuries, female nudity has been "acceptable" in an artistic context, in part because it was inoculated and made "safe" by aesthetics, but also largely because the spectator, the artist, and the collector were usually male. But god help the woman who takes the display of her body into her own hands, without the mediating authority of the male. Rhonda should be the sole determiner of what her body means, and whether it is to be seen or not.

I don't know much about Heidi Klum, but god bless her for deciding, for herself, that her drop-dead gorgeous 46 year-old body is not an obscenity.

Thank you for saying this, Scylla! And for saying it so eloquently. It shouldn't have to be said, but sadly, even to date, people need to hear it. ❤️

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Thank you for saying this, Scylla! And for saying it so eloquently. It shouldn't have to be said, but sadly, even to date, people need to hear it. ❤️

You'd already said it, Kira. I was just amplifying. (And being ranty.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

1579340215_RaeandRileyAug222019.thumb.png.a317f7ee2ebae109b73946ae79cd5937.png

Simple enough, and self explanatory too. :) 

And absolutely adorable! 🥰 And I love that wee romper suit your little bub is wearing, with the "Mermaid, off duty" text. LOL. Mom is looking mighty fine too. Lovely, as usual. 🤗

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1