How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Yesterday at Breakfast Club, I tried to get a decent shot, but two things conspired against that. The first is that the lag is pretty bad with so many avis present, so it gets very jerky. The other effect is that turning up the quality and windlight makes it impossible to cam smoothly around. Anyway, I took a few, and this was the best, even though it's not great.

In the picture foreground you'll see Angelina String,  me, Rhonda and Ellie. Further back are the other BC regulars.....this is at the Forum Hangout and this is almost a Gus view!!!

SL18a.png

• Like 26

So at Breakfast Club, we came up with an unplanned plan to grab a few pics with Tati...…..Only I and Taya (Angelina String) could make it over, but maybe next time we can get more!

I set up the Forum Angels group really so that we can collaborate on joint pics, but it does take some effort to link up, which is why you don't see so many group pics here.

And even when we meet up, it becomes a challenge to pick a spot, and get everybody lined up or on the pose balls...…...but having said that, it's a lot of fun doing it, and you know that when everybody falls silent......the shutters are going...…...

So, my first pic is as we were shaping up on the waterfront, having decided what to wear and where to stand! The others are on the poseballs……..great fun to do. 9_9

SL16g.png

SL15.png

SL16a.png

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 25

Just now I've been playing in the studio, we have a multi-pose machine with a backdrop screen, and I don't often get the time to play. 

I found some lingerie which I don't recall buying...……….Pffft, but that's SL for you. It must have been me because I like it...….but it's a bit revealing so I can't post a front view here.

Anyways……..you know how you dream about falling, and sometimes I fall a loooong way in SL when someone moved the landing point. So here I am re-enacting this experience.

SL02.png

• Like 29

1757122363_Rae27Aug2019.thumb.png.13328b20fbced151e5c1309bb28e4467.png

I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to @Orwar for his tools on the Marketplace that I spent the night playing around with. Also thanks to @Scylla Rhiadra, @Chic Aeon, @Whirly Fizzle and others who posted many, many tips throughout this thread. I'm embarrassed to say it's the first time in almost 9 years I've ever used DOF (as subtle as that may be here)! I spent hours tonight going through the many hundreds of pages here in an effort to learn something new. While there's always room for improvement I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. 😁

• Like 30

57 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

. I'm embarrassed to say it's the first time in almost 9 years I've ever used DOF (as subtle as that may be here)! I spent hours tonight going through the many hundreds of pages here in an effort to learn something new. While there's always room for improvement I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. 😁

DOF can be a great creative tool, the problem is (for quite a few folks) is the STRAIN it puts on your computer.  Add that to the settings you can change under the LIGHT tab -- and of course shadows and even a hefty computer can crash.

I posted a tip on  watching those hard on your computer settings.  

The biggest tip for DOF which I may have said a few times, but will say again is that you will LOSE some of the DOF blur if you compress your photos after taking. For example I shoot at 6000 pixels wide on a 2560 monitor. I then crop a bit and resize to 2400 or 2000.  That automatically makes  a bunch of the DOF more CLEAR (usually what you DON'T want).  So to compensate I have learned to make the shot really really blurry if I want it to appear blurry in the background.  Even with lots of practice this can be very tricky.   

In this shot below which I posted here recently, it took a VERY LONG time to get the background with that much blur and the headdress clear.   Really no post processing other than the vignette border.

native.thumb.jpg.009d068103ed469988550f93c9ad65a1.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Working with the NX-Nardcotix body today. It takes a bit more effort, because it's not widely supported but I like a challenge... Or maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. Speaking of gluttony and other sins, you'd be forgiven to just want to stay naked with this body 😛 On the other hand, I'm quite happy that "decency" standards in real life are a lot more prudish. No naked bus rides for me, thanks!

https://billybeaverhausen.com/2019/08/26/david-mom-august-september/

David @ MOM August-September 2019 - 3.jpg

• Like 24

9 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

OH..I missed meet.....timezones doesnt favor me. T.T

Your avatar is so pretty! And I love how gentle and sweet and simple the composition is: it really sets off your look so beautifully! It tells me that this is someone I'd like to visit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1