How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I found six separate decoys.  SIX.  That's awful and shows a great disrespect for the customer.  I left and not sure I'll ever go back.

Yes, it is quite hard. I only do this if I really want what they have.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's nothing - have you ever done the Twisted hunt?  Many places in that one will have decoys all over the place.

I still have nightmares about the Twisted Hunt... One I decided to give up.

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

I didn't even find the decoys. I had no idea what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of hunts, so I gave up pretty quickly. Figured if I want that coat down the line I'll just buy it. Neph just got this though:

c714133802174b5fed4136ecf82e9931.png

Look at your messages...  

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There should actually have been a sign near the store entrance, showing the hunt object and giving a hint.  The hunt item is a red & black gear - in case you want to try again to find it.

It is a poster behind the front desk, click it and it gives you the hint. It is a gear on the poster too.

ETA: Since it is only a few days left I am going to help you with a strong hint!

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

I didn't even find the decoys. I had no idea what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of hunts, so I gave up pretty quickly. Figured if I want that coat down the line I'll just buy it. Neph just got this though:

If you have Firestorm you can DERENDER much of the shop and that helps a lot.  There is actually a much simpler way to cheat LOL but I didn't discover that until a very long time into the process and AFTER I found the correct gear.  If I remember well most of the gears were up HIGH, not down by crates and vendors.  Which one was the correct one though I have no idea. I definitely couldn't find any gears without derendering.

It really is a stunning jacket.  

So go back and DERENDER until you can see things. At least it is just a shop and not a whole sim.  

There was one store MANY  MANY years ago that had its whole floor (many rooms) filled with decoys of the hunt object. Literally there were many hundreds of I think pumpkins in a white building. I looked for the photo on the blog but with about 20,000 pictures to go through Blogger doesn't always find what I am looking for :D.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have Firestorm, you can search for the object 'creator" -- get the creator from the Hint Gear at the hunt poster.  You'll still find the decoys via Area Search, but once have the list in Search, right click one of the listed items and Zoom to the object. Check object contents and if it is a decoy, right click and Derender it - that will cause that particular one to remove itself from the Search list.  On to the next one on the list.

That ploy doesn't work so well for the Twisted hunt, for many reasons, but it will work for the Steam hunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My SL and RL mixes. So much so I actually wear striped stockings in RL and some of my paintings has a girl wearing striped stockings. I show my art in SL and RL and both lives are lead pretty well.

Still using my DrLife skin and very tempted to go mesh. 

I do try to represent my RL as much as possible except I am younger, slimmer, have fuller hair  and can fly in SL. Searching for the answer to looking Asian in Mesh... is this possible, please? 

Amandat bedroom Art_004.png

Amandat bedroom Art_010.png

Edited by AmandaT Tamatzui
  • Like 17

8 minutes ago, AmandaT Tamatzui said:

Lelutka's Ryn head is great for Asian look and they just released a new one as well. Ceylon. I've also seen very nice Asian looks with one of the Genus heads. Just can't remember which. 6DOO too.

• Like 3

Apologies for posting a second picture of this outfit. But I liked the full body image to the left so much that I wanted to show it. I like the movement and how the shadows fall. This collage is my submission for the 52 Weeks of Color Change - Revisited. And the color is silver.

52 Weeks of Color Challenge - Revistited

• Like 19