How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

STEAM XVI

Contraption gives us a fierce red/black frock - the hunt last until March 28.

It is hard to find this, and it is decoys up in the store, so check what you got before you teleport out. It may not be the frock....

Several male and female mesh body sizes. But it really does not matter as long as the neck fit is good. I am sure classic avatars can wear it too.

Other freebies; Blunderbuss from Aleymart and the eyepatch is from The Engine Room (Gift in front of Gabriel booth).

https://huntsl.com/2021/01/09/steam-xvi-steampunk-pirates/

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Pirate-Blunderbuss-wear-me/6255520

https://secondlifesyndicate.com/events/syndicate-events/engine-room/#gallery

ETA: While at Contraption, walk to the inner wall to get the group gifts. It is only 1 L to join the group, and lots of impressive masks. And you may need the pack of Cummerbunds to cover your stomach if you don't have highwaisted pants. I am wearing some old system pants and cummerbund on BoM layer. Appliers are included too.

pirate_004ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
Added the last part
  • Like 14

I might be back? I fell off the grid to have an affair with Final Fantasy XIV. But now that I've got most of my favorite windlights converted to EEP (and that was a job, let me tell you) I'm doing a bit of shopping and snapping. Having the most annoying bug with any hair that has a sliver of alpha. It cuts through the depth of field blur - is that new?

esme-324-02esme-324

Edited by Esme Arrowmint
  • Like 17

18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

STEAM XVI

Contraption gives us a fierce red/black frock - the hunt last until March 28.

It is hard to find this, and it is decoys up in the store, so check what you got before you teleport out. It may not be the frock....

I found six separate decoys.  SIX.  That's awful and shows a great disrespect for the customer.  I left and not sure I'll ever go back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I found six separate decoys.  SIX.  That's awful and shows a great disrespect for the customer.  I left and not sure I'll ever go back.

That's nothing - have you ever done the Twisted hunt?  Many places in that one will have decoys all over the place.

14 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I found six separate decoys.  SIX.

I didn't even find the decoys. I had no idea what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of hunts, so I gave up pretty quickly. Figured if I want that coat down the line I'll just buy it. Neph just got this though:

c714133802174b5fed4136ecf82e9931.png

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I didn't even find the decoys. I had no idea what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of hunts, so I gave up pretty quickly. Figured if I want that coat down the line I'll just buy it. Neph just got this though:

c714133802174b5fed4136ecf82e9931.png

There should actually have been a sign near the store entrance, showing the hunt object and giving a hint.  The hunt item is a red & black gear - in case you want to try again to find it.

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There should actually have been a sign near the store entrance, showing the hunt object and giving a hint.  The hunt item is a red & black gear - in case you want to try again to find it.

The decoys are also in a red black gear.. the exact one the hunt item is in with the exact same name.  All six decoys with a peanut on a plate I found were in the same gear on the sign in the store with the hint.  That's what I found disrespectful of the customers.

23 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

The decoys are also in a red black gear.. the exact one the hunt item is in with the exact same name.  All six decoys with a peanut on a plate I found were in the same gear on the sign in the store with the hint.  That's what I found disrespectful of the customers.

Yep, that is how the Twisted hunt works. Stores are allowed 12 decoys that use the exact same hunt item as the real prize.  And they are allowed to put as many of those same items, with nothing in them, buried inside of the walls/floors/ceiling/etc... --- to mess up folks that try to derender everything or go into wireframe mode for hunting.  The only way you know whether or not you got the prize is by either examining the contents or buying it and checking the folder.  Luckily, they are all required to be for sale for L$0, so you aren't losing any actual money.

There are other hunts where stores will sometimes throw out decoys, but seldom any like the Twisted hunt.  It is actually pretty unusual for there to be decoys in the Steam hunt, but it is allowed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I didn't find the shop for the first place. 

(somebody can pm me a link?) 

Here we are again with a look for one of the underdogs of the male mesh bodies, just to keep things interesting. I'd get bored if I only played with the popular ones. It's slightly more of a thrill to find a pair of shorts that fit if they haven't been made for the body you're using. Makes you feel like the cat that got the cream.

Shopping With David March 2021

• Like 16