How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

6 hours ago, SunnySunnyson said:

I have been twice banned for 24 hours for posting photos to this forum in which my nipples were covered (wearing nipple shields) and my genitalia wasn't showing (was wearing a thong). So, seems that we still have to consider "community standards" as something at least a bit broader than simply no nipples or genitalia showing. 

Yet it's perfectly ok for a female avatar to show her breasts almost falling out in the Second Life Official Challenge Flickr group.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

@SunnySunnyson

Thats weird I didnt see anything to prompt that 

The two offending posts got deleted quickly. I'm a little confused because they weren't different from the ones I usually post and in one photo, I happened to be wearing exactly the same bodysuit that another poster has worn and her photos apparently weren't offensive. It's also not explained by my wearing a younger-looking skin/shape as both times it happened were when I was wearing a skin/shape that looked older than my current avi. I also wasn't in a sexual position or situation. Was just dancing in my garden in one and lying on a trampoline in a non-sexual pose in the other. 

Edited by SunnySunnyson
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, SunnySunnyson said:

I happened to be wearing exactly the same bodysuit that another poster has worn and her photos apparently weren't offensive.

I suspect some of us may be able to get away with more than others. 

Untitled

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/18/2020 at 5:19 AM, SunnySunnyson said:

I have been twice banned for 24 hours for posting photos to this forum in which my nipples were covered (wearing nipple shields) and my genitalia wasn't showing (was wearing a thong). So, seems that we still have to consider "community standards" as something at least a bit broader than simply no nipples or genitalia showing. 

I suppose saying showing ______ and/or avoiding "overly suggestive" is more of what the Linden moderators base decisions on. What "overly" may be for the French, Americans, and Asians is likely a broad line. 

Whether the Lab contracts out for moderators is something I don't know.

What I do know is the Lindens are not 100% consistent. So, what is now ok may not be in the next hour. Except in rare cases the Lab is NOT going to back down or change its mind. That does happen, but not often. We make our best guesses.

Are the images on Flickr or somewhere?

• Like 5