How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

22 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

Does anyone by chance know how to make things not do that thing that my ears are doing? Where sometimes some invisible outline of them appears and interferes with certain things in the background by making them disappear or...whatever it's doing? >.< I get that effect with some hairs, too, and normally I go into edit mode on them and toggle the phantom option off and on; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. ._. I also noticed that, for this particular instance, it only seemed to be doing this when I played with brighter sky-presets in SL. >>

What you are seeing is a blend mode problem. When multiple textures overlap and have transparency the viewer's render engine gets confused and you see things render oddly. If the ears, hair, clothes, or body have a "blend mode control" you can fix it by changing the item's blend mode. Other than the current multilayer (onion skin) bodies we have I don't see many things with blend controls. However, if they are mod-ok you can manually change the blend mode in the Build Panel's Texture Controls.

9 hours ago, Kotelle said:

I am on a repeatable quest of cleaning my inventory because I really hate having items I don't use. This time I wanted to have some fun doing that so I had a small photo session wearing forgotten dresses. I am even not sure why I have some of them, might be some FLF, gachas or random items bought just because they were cheap. Anyway, part one and two of Forgotten Dresses Show:

Oh so neat... I go through cleaning out outfits from 2008 to 2017. I try them on and decide if I would ever wear the outfit again. If it no.... DELETE. Some I update to use my new body and head. But, some classic ones I just toss... the outfit... the dresses and other system clothes I am holding on to until I see how BoM works out.

You added a nice creative twist... awesome. Thanks for posting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Good job pixels don't pong, because Skell's not changed for a week. I've been busy moving stuff around on our home region, changing out buildings at the store, and moving our store office up to the top floor of a new building I've installed. It's nice and cosy up there now. I should really change out these old black leather couches because they're sculpted ones, but they still look okay and I love the poses in them. They've been in our office for years, and they're quite literally 'part of the furniture' of it now.

894419619_Attheoffice.thumb.jpg.f0762b7396d35cb4886f2cbeb66a07e4.jpg

• Like 25

On 6/9/2019 at 12:23 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

All three of these are beautiful, but I'm particularly taken by the one in the middle: it's soooo expressive of character, and of humour too!

I really do need to demo the Genus Strong head. Part of me blanches a bit at the prospect of playing with my look again, but, on the other hand, I really would rather like to add about 10 or 15 years to the age of my avi.

I've really enjoyed some of the expressions that come with the Genus head...if I had more time for taking pictures I'd try to capture that perfect moment in an animation.

In terms of looking a little older, I reckon you could probably manage it with the Genus classic...or at least try before jumping in the deep end of a new head investment. Little changes to a shape - a slight droop to an eye or brow, adjusting a chin line, taking some fullness out of lips and cheeks - combined with a wrinkle layer or even a new skin can work wonders for adding a bit of maturity to an avatar. Even makeup changes the perception of age...it kinda gets addictive working the subtle adjustments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Pure Poison has quite a big sale (everything for 10L$) so got me these lovely boots.

And probably all their other shoes I did not get already in the past.

I got a notice on this early this morning and promptly went and added a dozen or so items to my shoe/boot inventory.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, VictoriaGrwd said:

00181.jpg

Victoria.... honey, please be careful. I see it happening to you too. You need a meeting at Postaholics Anonymous. Many of us have lost ourselves in SL...to the dark side, Scylla, Belinda, Rhonda, Zeta, Talli, Amanda, Eva, Kotelle, Littleme, Catrie, Orwar, Miakis, Angelina.... the list is endless.... yet I fear we are already lost causes, but your newer to our little addictive thread, and maybe, just maybe you can be saved! Please...  before it too late! ;)

Actually, please don't listen to me...  I love your posts! The clothing you have and the detailing is amazing...I need all of it!!! Beauty secrets please:D

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Saravendi said:

You need a meeting at Postaholics Anonymous. Many of us have lost ourselves in SL...to the dark side, Scylla, Belinda, Rhonda, Zeta, Talli, Amanda, Eva, Kotelle, Littleme, Catrie, Orwar, Miakis, Angelina.... the list is endless....

What do you mean, 'lost to the dark side'?

𝕰𝖌𝖔 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖕𝖘 𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖘.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Pure Poison has quite a big sale (everything for 10L$) so got me these lovely boots.

And probably all their other shoes I did not get already in the past.

Snapshot_011.png

Oh dear. I seem to have missed this one . . . unless it's still going on in their in-world store.

Well, who needs new shoes and boots anyway?

*sobs*

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

I've really enjoyed some of the expressions that come with the Genus head...if I had more time for taking pictures I'd try to capture that perfect moment in an animation.

Yes, they're quite subtle and well done. So subtle, in fact, that I have no idea what the represented "moods" are supposed to be . . . I just run one by default. It's much superior to the Vista Bento animations I had been using.

21 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

In terms of looking a little older, I reckon you could probably manage it with the Genus classic...or at least try before jumping in the deep end of a new head investment. Little changes to a shape - a slight droop to an eye or brow, adjusting a chin line, taking some fullness out of lips and cheeks - combined with a wrinkle layer or even a new skin can work wonders for adding a bit of maturity to an avatar. Even makeup changes the perception of age...it kinda gets addictive working the subtle adjustments.

Yes, I've played with some of these things -- bags under the eyes, for instance, help a bit. I've tried the "wrinkle" option on the Genus HUD as well . . . it's much too strong for what I'm looking for, though. Some subtle laugh lines, creases at the corner of the eyes . . . that's more what I'm looking for. I should probably do a marketplace search for appliers: I'm sure someone must make these for Genus or Omega.

The two things that I've discovered make a big difference are (unsurprisingly) hair and, as you say, makeup. Especially makeup, actually, which is a bit unfortunate, as I'm mostly a minimalist with regards to eye shadow, lipstick, and blush. I prefer a light-to-medium bit of cat's eye, and a low-intensity nude lipstick. But you can really see the difference makeup makes in a side-by-side of these two recent pics. (Although probably the processing is somewhat of a factor there too.)

ETA: It appears from the MP that someone with the unlikely name "Peony Sweet-water" (clearly some kind of pseudonym!) actually makes and sells applier of just this type! As does Izzie's (which I think I once demoed, a long while ago). Time to do some demo testing, I guess!

Age-Comparison - Blank.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 22