How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

12 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Session skins has age options on the newer ones. I'm not online now, but I think I have the option for 20, 30 and 40 years on the applier hud. Slight/more wrinkles were the difference. Might be worth to check that out. Can do a pic tomorrow (1am here, going to bed!)

Nice! I second the motion for a pic! 😊 I've not discovered their skins yet, and I'm always on the lookout for more older options. 

21 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, I've played with some of these things -- bags under the eyes, for instance, help a bit. I've tried the "wrinkle" option on the Genus HUD as well . . . it's much too strong for what I'm looking for, though. Some subtle laugh lines, creases at the corner of the eyes . . . that's more what I'm looking for. I should probably do a marketplace search for appliers: I'm sure someone must make these for Genus or Omega.

The two things that I've discovered make a big difference are (unsurprisingly) hair and, as you say, makeup. Especially makeup, actually, which is a bit unfortunate, as I'm mostly a minimalist with regards to eye shadow, lipstick, and blush. I prefer a light-to-medium bit of cat's eye, and a low-intensity nude lipstick. But you can really see the difference makeup makes in a side-by-side of these two recent pics. (Although probably the processing is somewhat of a factor there too.)

ETA: It appears from the MP that someone with the unlikely name "Peony Sweet-water" (clearly some kind of pseudonym!) actually makes and sells applier of just this type! As does Izzie's (which I think I once demoed, a long while ago). Time to do some demo testing, I guess!

Lol - yeah I started making old skins for myself way back when I couldn't find any on the market, and I really have to do some more work adapting them for newer heads and mainstream colours...when I get the time.

Izzie's wrinkle appliers are usually my first suggestion for those wanting to go a little bit older but without changing their look too much. I've only tried their LeLutka version...not sure how the omega version looks on the Genus, but might be worth a try.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

Took a trip to Tralala’s Diner, which is in an amazingly detailed post-apocalyptic sim, if you’ve never been. Fun! 

Tralala's Diner

Lol, Eva. You don't look like you're having fun!

You look more like you're contemplating what the end of civilization might mean for Fifty Linden Fridays.

I share your worry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Lol - yeah I started making old skins for myself way back when I couldn't find any on the market, and I really have to do some more work adapting them for newer heads and mainstream colours...when I get the time.

Izzie's wrinkle appliers are usually my first suggestion for those wanting to go a little bit older but without changing their look too much. I've only tried their LeLutka version...not sure how the omega version looks on the Genus, but might be worth a try.

I tried my demos of Izzie's appliers last night -- I was right: I had tried them before, back in December. They're not bad, but the demo provides a very limited set of sample combinations, so buying one would still be a bit of a leap of faith. I may give it a shot anyway. There was also a slightly weird discoloration around the nose and cheeks that may be a Genus thing.

Anyway, the struggle is real. There are also, as you've noted, subtle things I can do with what I've got to age myself gracefully.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShibariKate said:

absolutely breathtaking picture !

i honestly think this is the best picture you've taken to date, in my opinion. and i love that outfit :)

where was this taken, if i may ask ?

Daaaaw, thanks!

It was taken at a friend's place. ♡ she was just showing me the build then AFK'd for a bit and I couldn't really think of anything else to do besides take a picture. :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1