How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

I'm fascinated by the idea of portraiture in SL. I'm particularly really interested in trying to catch "personality" through portrait photography.

Which is hard and a bit paradoxical. In RL, our facial expressions are probably the most visible and dramatic way in which we express our emotional state and our personality. In SL, on the other hand, that mode of communication is invisible, hidden behind an impassive blank mask, or (maybe not much better) generated through AOs and expression HUDs designed by someone else, and used by countless other people. My AO does, sometimes, express how I'm feeling, and something of my personality -- that's why I chose the one I did -- but it's almost coincidental when it matches my RL mood, like a broken clock being right twice a day.

So, I want to use portraits to communicate more deliberately something about personality and mood. And it's fake, of course: I'm painting expression on, rather than spontaneously expressing it. (This portrait took no fewer than 4 different kinds of animation HUD, all working together). But it's a really interesting challenge. And maybe I can catch something authentic about the person through a portrait of their avi?

Talking-Study-Small - Blank.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Never mind, fixed the problem
  • Like 21

Snapshot_009.thumb.png.5137c90d03ffd95c5a6c6e185f688631.png

GENUS Project - Genus Head - Baby Face W001 - v1.4 - Mocap
*ARGRACE* MISAKI
[Cubic Cherry] {Anya} glasses clean
Omega Skin Applier - Porcelain Tone - Baby (Enfer Sombre*)
Go&See * Babe * Genus Project Eyes

Edited by ForrestChild
forgot eyes
  • Like 17

7 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

@BelindaN: You look completely stunning - you've done a brilliant job!

Meanwhile, I've fallen in love with LAQ. Never thought anything could tear me away from LeLutka, so moral of the story really is 'never say never' haha

...thumb.jpg.f68e285828fd40fa42050edeed2043a1.jpg

This is a really great photo! And your own look now is absolutely lovely. (And I love the sweater.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Sooooo,  I picked up this bouncer dude, Big Mike at a club somewhere. Nice guy, big hands, but doesn't say much...hummm  ;) 

794657214_ScreenShot2018-12-12at11_05_25AM.thumb.png.0fe89aea0676183b485c2540531443a3.png

Wow, the lighting on that is amazing. Other than Bouncer Dude is 9 foot tall, I had to do a double-take, the lighting and color is so awesome I thought for a moment that was a real photo (hence the double-take) LOL Wow, awesome shot there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been so busy driving my new Christmas tram around the Atoll that I've forgotten to take pictures!

"Spellbound"

Spellbound%201.jpg

Spellbound%202.jpg

(Editor's Pick in Destinations guide: "Spellbound Academy" - interesting as the place is a giant Snow-Globe and you're in it.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 18