Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Putting this here, since I don't want to draw attention elsewhere:

@Akasha Sternberg and @Josephine Carissa - Thank you both so very much. You made me smile after what has been an incredibly stressful couple of days. It means a lot ❤️

And of course this tops the page. Of course it does...

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Putting this here, since I don't want to draw attention elsewhere:

@Akasha Sternberg and @Josephine Carissa - Thank you both so very much. You made me smile after what has been an incredibly stressful couple of days. It means a lot ❤️

And of course this tops the page. Of course it does...

anytime hun... in fact when I saw the first ad I was like...."EFF! SKELL!!! oh noes!!!!! 😱

also @Clover Jinx *hugs Kitteh* and @Rhonda Huntress *hugs, too*, sighs in worry

GAH I hope my brain will work again after next week...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

anytime hun... in fact when I saw the first ad I was like...."EFF! SKELL!!! oh noes!!!!! 😱

also @Clover Jinx *hugs Kitteh* and @Rhonda Huntress *hugs, too*, sighs in worry

GAH I hope my brain will work again after next week...

Thanks, communication communication communication. On that note, I'm note feeling the kitteh for the time being so it's just CJ. *hugs*

Even considering the name Sage, cause I've learned a thing or two.

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there isn't a specific thread for feelings anymore, so I'm coming back to this one that we used to use as a catch-all for the things that didn't fit into the open threads but we didn't really want to open a new thread for.

I am sooooooooo freakin fed up with all of the back and forth bickering that's been going on in the forums the past few weeks.  Why in hell do some people just need to constantly nit-pick at others and why do so many people feel like they absolutely must have the last word in every discussion/argument?

I really, really, really need the world to go back to normal, with everyone going back to work/school, so that maybe communications between people will return to normal also.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why in hell do some people just need to constantly nit-pick at others and why do so many people feel like they absolutely must have the last word in every discussion/argument?

I believe you'll find it's 'picnic'. 

In all seriousness though, I've observed the same - not sure whether it's the whole everyone being in quarantine and generally on edge about things, some may need to vent but don't know how to do so in a constructive manner and choose destruction instead. Sure, I like to provoke on occasion, and I think that arguing can bring up interesting perspectives that one might otherwise not consider, but when it's so bad that people want to just cut the ties and go away, things have gone too far.

I'm lucky to have friends and family in-world that I can escape from the forums to when it gets too hot, but I realize that for some, the forums is the escape.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am sooooooooo freakin fed up with all of the back and forth bickering that's been going on in the forums the past few weeks.  Why in hell do some people just need to constantly nit-pick at others and why do so many people feel like they absolutely must have the last word in every discussion/argument? 

This is exactly why I don't participate on the forums, save for this thread. I dislike competition in conversation and too many people there have nothing better to do than stir up drama and put others down. Far better off staying right here. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ghosty Kips said:

This is exactly why I don't participate on the forums, save for this thread. I dislike competition in conversation and too many people there have nothing better to do than stir up drama and put others down. Far better off staying right here. 

It's not always horrid, which gives me hope.............. and then

Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

• Haha 2

On 5/19/2020 at 6:46 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am sooooooooo freakin fed up with all of the back and forth bickering that's been going on in the forums the past few weeks.

It’s definitely not just the forums, I’m afraid. 😕 I’m inclined to share an opinion with @Orwar - my theory is the isolation status that many of us are dealing with. It’s happening across the grid (and on my Facebook from non-SL friends). I’ve taken to calling it the QuarantineCrazy, and thus take everything with a grain of salt and a hot potato (because I love hot potatoes). 

They don’t REALLY mean it, Little. They’re just cranky. 

*runs off to call and see if her takeout restaurant is open yet* 

• Like 4

Trying to train my finger to not click on "unread content" but go to the Forums list and view each sub-forum separately so I can decide if I want to read anything in that section, or if I just want to mark it as being read.    I probably could create a more customized "unread content" filter, but there is at least one sub-forum I'd still need to check individually.

I finally get to go to a haircut appointment.  The last two were cancelled because the salon were closed.

Not looking forward to having to wear a mask though.  I had to dig out one of the cloth ones we have the hook over the ears.  No way for her to wash my hair if I'm wearing my regular one with 2 straps behind the head.

And apparently someone is worried about them blow-drying germs around, so there will be no dry and style -- just wash and cut.  And I have to wait in my car until she is done with her previous client and has sanitized her work station.  

Fun times, indeed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

• 2 weeks later...

A thread on this forum got pointed at on a different forum (a week ago or so?) and I looked today over here.  So, other than a post I posted about 20 minutes ago, the last time I posted something on here was apparently in 2017.  

I have no clue how I would go about making myself look like my current forum avatar. heh. Not that I want to, I'm just noticing that I'm human in it. I thought I normally used cat avatars on forums and the like.

Edited by Lexxi Gynoid
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lexxi Gynoid said:

I have no clue how I would go about making myself look like my current forum avatar. heh.

I stopped being a llama ... 6 months ago? I've embraced my inner human for a number of reasons. 

You were anthropomorphic for a long while. Neko. (Not a lot of actual cat avatars back in the day.) Ever think of returning to that as an alternate form?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

I stopped being a llama ... 6 months ago? I've embraced my inner human for a number of reasons. 

You were anthropomorphic for a long while. Neko. (Not a lot of actual cat avatars back in the day.) Ever think of returning to that as an alternate form?

I was more of a cat who had the ability to walk around pretending to be human. Though, occasionally, ears and a tail would appear while I was in 'human' form.  I did use the term, though, Neko.  Mostly in photo titles and albums on Flickr.

I had a cat avatar from the beginning.  First as a lion.  I had a little too much fun playing 'Planet of the Cats'.  That's a quad-avatar, by the way, not biped. Just looked biped when on a horse. Or driving a car.  Later as non-mesh cat, then even later as a mesh cat. 

As for as returning - I've not been an all fours cat in a while, but even as a biped I tend to have cat like things going on. Like hair that vaguely look like ears. Without actually being ears. 

Planet of the Cats:

1288394515_066d7ce293_h.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lexxi Gynoid said:

A thread on this forum got pointed at on a different forum (a week ago or so?) and I looked today over here.  So, other than a post I posted about 20 minutes ago, the last time I posted something on here was apparently in 2017.  

I have no clue how I would go about making myself look like my current forum avatar. heh. Not that I want to, I'm just noticing that I'm human in it. I thought I normally used cat avatars on forums and the like.

Welcome back, Lexxi... if you are!

• Thanks 1