Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Today is the one year anniversary of when my personal SL took a turn to for the worse. A couple I adored went through a crisis and I became collateral damage. They unfriended me and eventually disappeared from the grid. The long running Breakfast Club came to an end for various, sad reasons after a 9 year run. Finally, my SL partner left SL in August and has not communicated with me since. She still pays her tier, so there's hope she will return.

Despite the grief, heartache, and drama I am still here. Go figure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

On 11/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

setting is totally based on the number of posts made in the forums and have nothing to do with your account age.

but, he has 16 posts and is a resident, I have 30 and I am a new resident, so age must have something to do with.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BiliEyelash said:

but, he has 16 posts and is a resident, I have 30 and I am a new resident, so age must have something to do with.

Maybe his forum account was created before this new set of rules came into play. 

I have an alt that that has only posted 5 times, but she is also a Resident -- and she created her forum account ages ago.

1 hour ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Today is the one year anniversary of when my personal SL took a turn to for the worse. A couple I adored went through a crisis and I became collateral damage. They unfriended me and eventually disappeared from the grid. The long running Breakfast Club came to an end for various, sad reasons after a 9 year run. Finally, my SL partner left SL in August and has not communicated with me since. She still pays her tier, so there's hope she will return.

Despite the grief, heartache, and drama I am still here. Go figure.

I have no words that can help -- just *Hugs*

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What Ghosty said.  I've taken a few over the years - one was something like a 7-yr or so break.

The longest break I've taken was five weeks, and that was after quitting forever. I'd have returned sooner, but Brenda Connolly bet L$20 I couldn't stay away for even two weeks. I added three more just to rub in my victory.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Actually I always wondered how could you left sl for so long. I'm planning to stay away for 1-2 months. And I'm still struggling with my willing to log in. Something that stops me is that I told my friends I'm taking a break. I have to do it for myself. 

Edited by HelenaNavy92

The longest break I took was for about two years (2014-2016) but it wasn't a deliberate act of avoiding SL, it was just a time when I got more involved with a different game. Well, an actual game. When I got bored with that one, I came back to SL.

Then I needed an "anti-stress break" from the end of last year, because I realised I was spending too much time in SL and neglecting RL. That was about 3 months, and now that I'm back, I'm on less often than before. But the balance is about right now, I think.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2021 at 6:29 AM, Ghosty Kips said:

If it were, you revived it. 😛 Nice to see you, Rio! 

I knew I was drawn here for a reason that night! To save the sacred thread from dying. You're welcome! 😛

Good to see you too, tell Elora I said hello!

Edited by Rioko Bamaisin
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:17 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Rio - Nice to see you here again.  

The thread isn't totally dead, but it has been on its death bed for a while now, slowly dying, but still just barely clinging to life.

How long has it been alive for now? 11 years? We cant let it die, ever! (Good to see you too!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...