Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Your attitude on your blog is why I read it in the first place. You do you, and don't listen to the naysayers.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ain't nothin' in this world that can make YOU look bad, Skell.

Thank you both :) As per usual, I took out my annoyance in an outfit, and a backdrop that came out at the perfect moment.

• Like 1

I swear I'll never understand the capriciousness of Flickr faves. The image set that I took hours putting together gets half the number of likes of the image that I bashed out in about 15 minutes because I was late for bed and wanted to get something done before I logged off for the night! xD

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I swear I'll never understand the capriciousness of Flickr faves. The image set that I took hours putting together gets half the number of likes of the image that I bashed out in about 15 minutes because I was late for bed and wanted to get something done before I logged off for the night! xD

Flickr drives me bats. And the whole "faves" thing? :::shudders::: (deleted Flickr rant that was developing, pun intended)

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing many times. I also noticed yesterday that a picture that came up in my feed, that looked very nice in the miniature, had a very high fave count, especially considering its views (I think it was a ratio of 1 fave in 3 views, and that it was in 270 groups or something) - so I opened it up to see it in full size, and immediately think that 'Hm, there's something off here'.

It was a cut-out SL pic, laid on top of an upscaled, low resolution background, with lighting issues along the model's edges, and even some parts of the ground from the original shot not cut out. If I could get away with than and have 200+ faves ...

• Haha 1

There is a saying of "pushing a pig through a garden hose". Thats what it feels like right now for me. I got a new computer, but the internet is just at its mediocore-slow speed as ever. Decent for browsing and gameing, but horrible for downloading about 100GB worth of stuff. And the point of the pigs tail will be the viewer...maybe on Wednesday.

wisphers: Do it for the shadows...the fps...the draw distance!

Edited by Syo Emerald

5 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

There is a saying of "pushing a pig through a garden hose". Thats what it feels like right now for me. I got a new computer, but the internet is just at its mediocore-slow speed as ever. Decent for browsing and gameing, but horrible for downloading about 100GB worth of stuff. And the point of the pigs tail will be the viewer...maybe on Wednesday.

wisphers: Do it for the shadows...the fps...the draw distance!

Hi, I'm the Lurking Llama™ ... I follow this thread in email, mostly, but I saw your post and felt the urge to respond. Usually I lie down until the feeling passes ...

Anyway, call your ISP and get more bandwidth if it's possible and affordable for you. We had a 300Mb connect and it was adequate for a long time ... now we have gigabit and whoo-hoo! 🤩 Makes a huge diff if you have a high-end gaming rig and your enjoyment justifies the higher monthly bill.

Edited by Ghosty Kips
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 3:17 PM, Clover Jinx said:

Full Disclosure.

I've never had any desire to see the play Cats. AT all. Most people I know consider it a huge joke and feel the same. I'm not even all that familiar with the TS Eliot poem(s?). Except Ghosty who loves it. Not the play. The literary work.

However - full disclosure - I REALLY think I want to see the movie because it looks AWESOME. Gosh that cast is crazy great. How can't it be good? I think we're going to see it on Christmas if it's playing that day (another full disclosure - we don't celebrate that holiday).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Full Disclosure.

I've never had any desire to see the play Cats. AT all. Most people I know consider it a huge joke and feel the same. I'm not even all that familiar with the TS Eliot poem(s?). Except Ghosty who loves it. Not the play. The literary work.

However - full disclosure - I REALLY think I want to see the movie because it looks AWESOME. Gosh that cast is crazy great. How can't it be good? I think we're going to see it on Christmas if it's playing that day (another full disclosure - we don't celebrate that holiday).

I've always wanted to go see the Cats musical - it is on our list for either seeing locally during the yearly tour or maybe even a trip back to NY to see it on Broadway.

I definitely will be seeing the movie, as it really does look totally awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've always wanted to go see the Cats musical - it is on our list for either seeing locally during the yearly tour or maybe even a trip back to NY to see it on Broadway.

We saw Chicago yesterday. OMG. Fantastic. 

We're catching up on a bunch of things we missed when we were younger this year. Seeing West Side Story and Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf upcoming. I think we are going to get tix for The Music Man with Hugh Jackman too *swoons* ♥️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unless it's had an overhaul and the reviews are glowing, avoid the play. I saw it again for ...uh, the 5th time? 6th? Back ten years ago and decided that was enough. Each time I've seen it the performance had degraded. It had become a children's show, at best. It's not serious theater, unlike the 1st time I saw it in the early 80s. Unless it's been entirely recast and they have serious names, just ... *shudder*

The movie looks great and, as my wife mentioned, Practical Cats is one of my favorite books. And that cast! How could this be a bad thing?

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

That's me trying on a demo.  That demo prim floating in my face is part of the demo hair. 

Hmmm the small hairs near the forehead, they look a bit off. Is the hair unrigged?

Oh and can you show us a pic of your current hair for comparison, please?

Edited by ClariceRose

2 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

Hmmm the small hairs near the forehead, they look a bit off. Is the hair unrigged?

I think they're going for the stray baby hair effect.  I'm pretty sure the hair's unrigged.  (If I recall correctly, rigged mesh can't have resize scripts. I get confused.)

This is the ad:

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.21ab970675c961b23847ed3dbeb8c462.png

2 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

Oh and can you show us a pic of your current hair for comparison, please?

My natural hair color on the left and the dye job on the right:

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.94ac49cfe93ed6358ea50a3aafc3ed10.png

14 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I think they're going for the stray baby hair effect.  I'm pretty sure the hair's unrigged.  (If I recall correctly, rigged mesh can't have resize scripts. I get confused.)

This is the ad:

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.21ab970675c961b23847ed3dbeb8c462.png

My natural hair color on the left and the dye job on the right:

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.94ac49cfe93ed6358ea50a3aafc3ed10.png

Gotcha, I like it, in my opinion, you look better with dark hair.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone seen @Skell Dagger lately?  Has he just decided to take a forum break?  I don't think I've seen a forum post from him in over a month.

ETA:  For any that might be interested - Skell touched base with me inworld.  Some stuff was getting bad here in the forums and so he needed to leave - at least for a while, maybe longer. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Skell DaggerSkell touched base with me inworld.  Some stuff was getting bad here in the forums and so he needed to leave - at least for a while, maybe longer. 

I only post in this thread for that reason. The forums are and have always been volatile. There's not enough moderation and too much drama. Who needs it.

Now, you people are nice. I like you. ♥️

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ghosty Kips said:

You and Elora were telling me how much you wanted to see it because the cast is fabulous. Did you go see it yet or are you now skipping it due to the reviews?  

I won't put out money to go see it with those reviews.  I'll wait until I can stream it or download it for free.

• Like 2