Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

So i have returned after a break from SL 

decided i would give the forums a check over ( as im looking for help with a new avi) 

and i spat my coffee back into the cup when i saw this thread is still here 

This thread latest longer then 99.9 % of any SL relationships i know - Giggles 

Waves a big Hello to all 

• Haha 4

Let me ask in here before I brave the ravages of the forums. At least I *like* you guys. 😉

I have three body layers (on a Maitreya body) being filled via appliers; a tattoo, underwear and clothing. The clothing later has an alpha over part of it, presumably to allow lower layers to be seen through it.

(Yes, I haven't upgraded to BoM as yet.)

When I apply the layers in that order, it looks great -- but as soon as I teleport somewhere or even cam away from my avatar, the tattoo layer becomes invisible. It's still there, of course, as it shows up (looking like crap) when I switch to "mask mode." 

Is the the fault of the creator of the clothing layer, or is there something I should be doing differently?

Edited by Ghosty Kips

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

That's the Open GL alpha glitch.  Nothing you can do about it, really.  No fault to the creators; you are doing nothing wrong.  It's all because of the choice of graphic engines from the start of SL.

I was wondering, as I have a couple of builds that don't suffer the glitch as I use an alpha mask. It appeared that the clothing layer also used one, so I was confused.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 6:41 AM, Ghosty Kips said:

When I apply the layers in that order, it looks great -- but as soon as I teleport somewhere or even cam away from my avatar, the tattoo layer becomes invisible. It's still there, of course, as it shows up (looking like crap) when I switch to "mask mode." 

Is the the fault of the creator of the clothing layer, or is there something I should be doing differently?

Try reapplying the tattoo layer AFTER you apply your other layers. Sometimes that restores it for me. I have these fully body tats that will reappear that way when the undie and clothing layers are insisting on priority. BOM of course will solve it but BOM is like alchemy.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We have our own form of Stay at Home enforcement around here.

The mountain lions prowling the neighborhood - for real, up in the mountain communities:

image.png.94d6903d7512ec8bf4de880042e7fa2f.png

I've been fascinated by some of the stories I've heard this past month of wild animals making more incursions into areas they usually don't get so close to.  Obviously they aren't doing something as clear as "it's been 2 weeks since we've seen cars on the road, so let's go in" but it is interesting to think about what their senses or instincts are picking up about the situation.  (Hopefully it's not something like "6 months more, and it's all ours!")

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 11:41 PM, Snickers Snook said:

Try reapplying the tattoo layer AFTER you apply your other layers. Sometimes that restores it for me. I have these fully body tats that will reappear that way when the undie and clothing layers are insisting on priority. BOM of course will solve it but BOM is like alchemy.

I've been (slowly) converting my current outfits to BoM and finding it not too difficult (though time consuming). I don't have it all down yet -- putting a system skin on the mesh mody is what I'm tackling today -- but the possibilities with BoM far outweigh any learning curve with the product. 

I use the Lelutka/Maitreya combo on all outfits.

Here's a link to the outfit issue I was having ... no issue now. The stripes and the dress are both Omega appliers, with the stripes on the tat layer and the dress on clothing layer. With the dress in mask mode both layers show exactly as they should. [tiger stripes & alpha'd top]

Another example ... the white lines are an Omega applier on the tat layer, shine is a Maitreya applier on the underwear layer. Adding material effects from the mesh body itself below everything else produces a really cool reflective look. [lines on tat layer, underwear layer shine, body mats]

I don't know why I waited so long to upgrade. This is well worth it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...