Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 hour ago, Tamara Artis said:

I have nooo idea whats this all about

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter anyway) but she found the answer in just a few seconds.  Not wanting to let her post continually get bumped as people answered she change the thread title to "Just ignore and let this one die."

Silly people doing what silly people do ... they refused to let it die for no real reason at all.

This thread then became a community of it's own.  Just a place to say hi for the most part. With the exception of a few people it was also a laid back, accepting and friendly place to be. -- this is where someone with a pun for a name comes in and tells you I was the one and only "few people" but again, that is almost a tradition by now.

Anyway, this is a recreation of that thread which became thousands of pages long where we can wax nostalgic about life before the Blog-forums.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter anyway) but she found the answer in just a few seconds.  Not wanting to let her post continually get bumped as people answered she change the thread title to "Just ignore and let this one die."

Silly people doing what silly people do ... they refused to let it die for no real reason at all.

This thread then became a community of it's own.  Just a place to say hi for the most part. With the exception of a few people it was also a laid back, accepting and friendly place to be. -- this is where someone with a pun for a name comes in and tells you I was the one and only "few people" but again, that is almost a tradition by now.

Anyway, this is a recreation of that thread which became thousands of pages long where we can wax nostalgic about life before the Blog-forums.

Thanks for the explanation! That is totally cool and I'm glad its going to happen again ;)

I want to say hi to everyone, I'm Pookey and I like to be silly. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Tem Haalan said:

Apparently I need 500 posts before I can change my "Advanced Member" tag. Thanks Maureen

(Can I post here once a day?)

The more often you post, the sooner you'll be able to change your tag. Post too often and you'll be banned for spamming.

I think you should try to find that hidden line, Tem!

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Do people really need a reason to resist death?