Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I decided to go premium and hang out in SL again. However,I need a new skin and clothes. Anyone have some quality places I can go to? Or point me in a direction where I can find this out. It's been years since I have shopped in world. Thanks for any info.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once upon a time there was a completely unmoderated forum.  A young woman asked a question (something about how to get a link to an indivual post I think but I am probably wrong and it doesn't matter

It had to be done.

Beautiful ceremony at the Hangout

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

So I decided to go premium and hang out in SL again. However,I need a new skin and clothes. Anyone have some quality places I can go to? Or point me in a direction where I can find this out. It's been years since I have shopped in world. Thanks for any info.

First question - Do you have a mesh body?  If not, you probably don't want to spend much on skin and clothes until you decide if you are going to get one, and if so, which one - and possibly a mesh head also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

First question - Do you have a mesh body?  If not, you probably don't want to spend much on skin and clothes until you decide if you are going to get one, and if so, which one - and possibly a mesh head also.

I don't believe so. This skin is from 2013. I don't even know what a mesh body is.:p

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I don't believe so. This skin is from 2013. I don't even know what a mesh body is.:p

Go to DeeTalez, creator is Steffi Villota, if you don't want to go mesh yet. One of my alts isn't mesh and she looks great in her appliers.

She makes fantastic standard skins that are such an huge upgrade from what you're wearing. 

Here's her Flickr so you can see her work

https://www.flickr.com/photos/deetalez/

And in-world store:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/deetalez/

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

So I decided to go premium and hang out in SL again. However,I need a new skin and clothes. Anyone have some quality places I can go to? Or point me in a direction where I can find this out. It's been years since I have shopped in world. Thanks for any info.

Also...I can pass you clothing that I have from Gachas. Nice stuff, not crap so don't go shopping yet. Let me see what I have in duplicates that I can give you.

Probably even have hair that I can pass over. Accessories and stuff. I'll check when I log back in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Also...I can pass you clothing that I have from Gachas. Nice stuff, not crap so don't go shopping yet. Let me see what I have in duplicates that I can give you.

Probably even have hair that I can pass over. Accessories and stuff. I'll check when I log back in.

 

1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Also...I can pass you clothing that I have from Gachas. Nice stuff, not crap so don't go shopping yet. Let me see what I have in duplicates that I can give you.

Probably even have hair that I can pass over. Accessories and stuff. I'll check when I log back in.

Ugh Ghosty just reminded me that they won't fit because you don't have a mesh body.

I think you're going to have to at least do that - Maitreya is the most popular and nearly all creators make clothing for it. It was also just (finally) updated too. 

For a head, you really need to do a lot of demos. Lelutka, Genus, Catwa are the top three but there are others. HUDS can be varying in levels of difficulty to understand too. Lelutka, honestly, is the easiest IMHO and the new Evolution line is exceptionally good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

 

Ugh Ghosty just reminded me that they won't fit because you don't have a mesh body.

I think you're going to have to at least do that - Maitreya is the most popular and nearly all creators make clothing for it. It was also just (finally) updated too. 

For a head, you really need to do a lot of demos. Lelutka, Genus, Catwa are the top three but there are others. HUDS can be varying in levels of difficulty to understand too. Lelutka, honestly, is the easiest IMHO and the new Evolution line is exceptionally good. 

I will check all that out. I definitely need a complete new and updated look,so not worried about what it will cost or anything. Just wasn't sure where to begin.Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I will check all that out. I definitely need a complete new and updated look,so not worried about what it will cost or anything. Just wasn't sure where to begin.Thank you!

I'm home tomorrow for the holiday. Getting the car checked in the morning but will be around later on. IM me if you need help shopping!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

My husband just showed me this ....

arguing-with-a-woman-is-like-reading-the

 

Funnily enough, I treat "arguments" with my partner (who is a guy) in just the same way. It's far easier to just nod and say "yes, dear". Any deviation from that and we'll be arguing for days.

So now when people ask us "which one of you is the wife?", I know the answer.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 11:22 PM, Rioko Bamaisin said:

So I decided to go premium and hang out in SL again. However,I need a new skin and clothes. Anyone have some quality places I can go to? Or point me in a direction where I can find this out. It's been years since I have shopped in world. Thanks for any info.

Love the skin you're in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When someone suggests to your SL employer that "it would be prudent to re-evaluate" your employment status, on the sole basis that you were not 100% enthusiastic about their suggestion that you should devote a lot of your inworld time stuck in an inworld classroom location, hosting video and voice classes teaching others how to do the very thing that you have written multiple blog posts about, and that you spend most of your login time helping out with in that employer's support group, often to the detriment of many other things you planned to do during that login session...

Their reasoning? "Firestorm and Builder's Brewery do it!"

Yes, that really happened last night. I saw the l-o-n-g (novel-like) offline IM containing that "suggestion". Apparently, telling the suggester that I have written multiple blog posts and help out in that group for the entire time that I'm logged in was "negative feedback", and I "mocked, belittled, and humiliated" them and "made excuses as to why it wouldn't work" by saying the following words: "I've been blogging my way through a lot of How-To's" and (after they had flounced off, announcing that clearly we didn't want to hear their suggestion and that they were closing chat) "Since you've closed the chat you won't see this, but that is what we are here for every hour of the day. Catwa has hand-picked five CSRs who are here to help her customers."

That was literally all I said, but clearly that shocking attitude means I should be fired.

Oh, and apparently I'm also "a hindrance to educating and helping people to understand the product", I "lack insight and forward thinking", and I "wear blinders that obscure [my] view and keep me from seeing the whole picture".

Yay.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Skell Dagger

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u1.png

One person out of how many grateful people?  Your blog is basically required reading for understanding BOM for men and that is not an easy task. You have literally helped thousands.  Maybe I am online a lot but I see your blog linked in chat almost every day.  Do not let one person ruin that.  You are too precious of person for this spiteful world but many, many more people look up to you for every ***** spewing, self centered corn cob like ... that one.

 

I my humble opinion, of course.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

When someone suggests to your SL employer that "it would be prudent to re-evaluate" your employment status, on the sole basis that you were not 100% enthusiastic about their suggestion that you should devote a lot of your inworld time stuck in an inworld classroom location, hosting video and voice classes teaching others how to do the very thing that you have written multiple blog posts about, and that you spend most of your login time helping out with in that employer's support group, often to the detriment of many other things you planned to do during that login session...

Their reasoning? "Firestorm and Builder's Brewery do it!"

Yes, that really happened last night. I saw the l-o-n-g (novel-like) offline IM containing that "suggestion". Apparently, telling the suggester that I have written multiple blog posts and help out in that group for the entire time that I'm logged in was "negative feedback", and I "mocked, belittled, and humiliated" them and "made excuses as to why it wouldn't work" by saying the following words: "I've been blogging my way through a lot of How-To's" and (after they had flounced off, announcing that clearly we didn't want to hear their suggestion and that they were closing chat) "Since you've closed the chat you won't see this, but that is what we are here for every hour of the day. Catwa has hand-picked five CSRs who are here to help her customers."

That was literally all I said, but clearly that shocking attitude means I should be fired.

Oh, and apparently I'm also "a hindrance to educating and helping people to understand the product", I "lack insight and forward thinking", and I "wear blinders that obscure [my] view and keep me from seeing the whole picture".

Yay.

Water off a duck's back.

TcpRjO.gif

 

grouphug.gif.1e34d24e8af059ae687df6a0cc51c0b7.gif

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Water off a duck's back.

TcpRjO.gif

grouphug.gif.1e34d24e8af059ae687df6a0cc51c0b7.gif

The attitudes have been getting worse in recent months. We've all been feeling it. It's got to the point where - if I've had a knackering day at work - I will now gauge the general atmosphere of the group before I'll engage for the evening. Some nights I'm just not up for hours of stress, attitude, and abuse in what's supposed to be my down-time after I've already had a stressful nine hours at work.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

The attitudes have been getting worse in recent months. We've all been feeling it. It's got to the point where - if I've had a knackering day at work - I will now gauge the general atmosphere of the group before I'll engage for the evening. Some nights I'm just not up for hours of stress, attitude, and abuse in what's supposed to be my down-time after I've already had a stressful nine hours at work.

I've been watching it happen for the past 3 years. At this point all we can do is batten down the hatches and ride out the storm. 

It's going to be a bad blow before the clouds break.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

As long as you are a reasonably healthy non-smoker you don't have anything to worry about.

Other than getting trampled at the store trying to buy some toilet paper.  

 

My doctor classifies me as 'moderate high' risk.  I'm not considered elderly, but I do have asthma and COPD, so she said to take reasonable precautions.  I didn't bother mentioning that I typically avoid people anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm between assignments at work, I'm supposed to be doing this online course.  Every time the class material shows a picture of disks or databases, because of how they depict those, all I can think about it 'toilet paper'.

image.png.41c11339bad89e3881d00d567d05ef40.png

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...