Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Apparently the dress code for the Bloggies Gala is black tie. For the ladies that means any number of gorgeous long gowns, but for the gents it means only one thing: tuxedo.

And that means I won't be attending, because I refuse to be limited like that.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Sad 2

LOL, Josephine! I wouldn't dream of Chippendale-ing it to a formal event ;)

I'm checking to see if I can take Billy Porter as my inspiration -

billy_porter.JPG.e4bf13a49febca70943422fff6796c4b.JPG

- but the combination of a tuxedo jacket and the right kind of long skirt (either modifiable for a male body, or a flat-chested jacket that would fit Skell's Syd persona) is proving nigh-on impossible to find. I'll see what I can do, but am not holding out much hope.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

LOL, Josephine! I wouldn't dream of Chippendale-ing it to a formal event ;)

I'm checking to see if I can take Billy Porter as my inspiration -

billy_porter.JPG.e4bf13a49febca70943422fff6796c4b.JPG

- but the combination of a tuxedo jacket and the right kind of long skirt (either modifiable for a male body, or a flat-chested jacket that would fit Skell's Syd persona) is proving nigh-on impossible to find. I'll see what I can do, but am not holding out much hope.

I don't know if this would be a help- but maybe it could work? It is called: UC_Cinderella_dress_black from United Colors- it has a corset which won't help you- but the pieces are separate (corset not shown) 

Snapshot_097.png

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Thanks 1

I'm contemplating whether or not to re-do my parcel. It's currently a pretty modern styled home with simple garden. While I like it very much, it's a monstrosity in terms of objects and textures. I linked together what I could, if I'd unlink everything it'd use trice as much LI, and the textures are huge. 

I'm pretty much alone on my sim, I only have 2 neighbors on neighboring sims and I don't see their homes because my view range is at minimum, yet my home constantly flickers so much, that I never see my own materials on myself when I'm there. 

A lot of it is gachas and stuff, so I can't really change their textures. Some stuff, especially the home, has baked in shadows. I already redid some textures and replaced them with similiar ones just smaller (one 512'er instead of multiple 1024'er), but I can't redo all textures, mainly since I don't know the layout, it'd look strange without the baked shadows, or I simply like the original too much.

Currently, I am thinking of picking up everything in one go, as a collabsible object, or what it's called, and then just start over with another style.
I need to channel my inner Syo.

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Just wanted to say thank you to @Pixie Kobichenko for sending me to United Colors. While I didn't use the skirt that you showed, I found another absolutely perfect one there (you can all laugh; it's from a black wedding dress! xD) for tonight's gala:

48964285746_39a6378714_h.jpg

I am happy that shop worked out!  Hope you had a great event 😃

I'm homeless again (no Rhonda didn't kick me out lol) I gave up my LL trailer. I *loved* the location but hated the name of the region. I kept saying I didn't have time to decorate but I'm pretty sure it was my subconscious telling me not to get comfortable there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I'm homeless again (no Rhonda didn't kick me out lol) I gave up my LL trailer. I *loved* the location but hated the name of the region. I kept saying I didn't have time to decorate but I'm pretty sure it was my subconscious telling me not to get comfortable there.

Do you plan on doing the refresh thing? Or looking elsewhere off Bellisseria?  I have lived in a traditional and a houseboat but didn't renew after my first 3 months were up (I paid one quarter) and moved back to live with an SL sibling.  I have free reign (to a point) with gardening his homestead so its nice- all those prims, I'm like Scrooge McDuck swimming in gold coins.

2 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Do you plan on doing the refresh thing? Or looking elsewhere off Bellisseria?  I have lived in a traditional and a houseboat but didn't renew after my first 3 months were up (I paid one quarter) and moved back to live with an SL sibling.  I have free reign (to a point) with gardening his homestead so its nice- all those prims, I'm like Scrooge McDuck swimming in gold coins.

I'm not going to sit at the slot machine for hours like some do, but I'll eventually get another trailer or one of the new themes in Bellisseria. I used my five tries with this morning's release but didn't like the locations nor the region name again lol. Rhonda says I used up all my luck helping to get her LL house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like we have another forum necromancer. The earliest resurrected post I've seen yet from them is from 2009:

Post resurrected from 2014 (5 years old)
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/316076-hi/#comment-2000880

Post resurrected from 2012 (7 years old)
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/121310-i-downloaded-sl-viewer-and-it-wont-open-im-on-a-macbook-pro/#comment-2000882

Post resurrected from 2012 (7 years old)
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/96083-program-wont-install/#comment-2000884

Post resurrected from 2009 (10 years old)
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/29376-can-i-use-second-life-from-a-different-computer/#comment-2000886

Posr resurrected from 2011 (8 years old)
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/45607-can-someone-tell-me-the-difference-in-these-2-streaming-servers/#comment-2000888

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yeah and I got caught replying to the first of those thinking I was being helpful as at the time it was their first post to the forums :/ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Yeah and I got caught replying to the first of those thinking I was being helpful as at the time it was their first post to the forums :/ 

It became pretty obvious they were just padding their post count so that their next post (an adult club night promo) wasn't coming from a no-post account.¬¬

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

It became pretty obvious they were just padding their post count so that their next post (an adult club night promo) wasn't coming from a no-post account.¬¬

ha! I'm newish to this format of the Forums, but used to post a lot in the old days. It never would have dawned on me to pad the post count, or how to do it. I frankly don't give an eff about my post count, but apparently it is a thing. Filing this under: Learn something new every day.

15 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

ha! I'm newish to this format of the Forums, but used to post a lot in the old days. It never would have dawned on me to pad the post count, or how to do it. I frankly don't give an eff about my post count, but apparently it is a thing. Filing this under: Learn something new every day.

They clearly didn't want to interact with anyone, which is why they sought out such old posts to add random non-answer 'answers' to. I have no objection at all to people who actually interact with other residents here, and who then use the relevant forum sections to promote whatever it is they have to promote, after becoming an interactive member of the forums. I only start side-eyeing when people regard us as not worth their time in actual discourse, because then it's obvious that our Linden Dollars (and/or our presence at their adult club night) are the only thing they're interested in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

That moment when you've piled on all the things to the point of struggling to remember which appliers you added. This credits list will be a bloody nightmare. (I guess at least the BOM stuff will be simple?)

I never was a fan of writing out the credits for a shoot. Since I'm not a blogger I stopped doing so, figuring that people may just ask if they want to know instead. It's easy enough when you can just look in your current outfit, but remembering all the appliers? Bleh.

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Someone just 'recommended' that I don't have an attitude on my own blog because it will make me look bad.

2093577741_RiRinope.gif.c649895502ed3defd7ee8d8025f2a154.gif

Your attitude on your blog is why I read it in the first place. You do you, and don't listen to the naysayers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1